Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 936448 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: NOW WITH MORE SUMMON/PERSONA STATTING
« Reply #2115 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »

Kyle is obviously a bit busy trying to figure out how to tear out his tongue and make Sen stop hating him to worry about Hart or Shadow Bitch.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »

Actually Cyrielle did repeatedly mention that it was up to the person making the body. Her main reasoning was that at the end of day, add too many restrictions and she'll refuse, turning Selina into collateral damage. Plus as was mentioned in her conversation with Not!Selina that by her estimate, she wouldn't stand a chance against Richard, especially when he was on another continent. I should state that I felt a lot was miscommunicated near the end, primarily due to the massive surge in thread activity.

Well, people started arguing the same things here that their characters were arguing in character. Which sort of defeated the whole point.
I think it's more explaining things OOC that they couldn't explain IC.
For instance, anything having to do with Darnos. Or that didn't have immediate connections to what was being said.
It was a bit too argumentative for my liking. Plus I wasn't exactly comfortable since I felt that I was expected to argue my opinion, when my opinion was to seal Not!Selina and get a psychiatrist in there rather than my character's more optimistic opinion.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 10, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »

@GWG Yes please.  Just posted something so I may need to fix it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:43 pm »

"Why do demons seem to constantly reveal themselves to me first!?"
The only other hidden demon in the game that I can think of was revealed when Selina jokingly guessed Nuriel was one.

@GWG Yes please.  Just posted something so I may need to fix it.
It's okay. Let's see...I can give a more full summary later if you want, but right now I'm still catching up on all my games. I am in a lot.
Demons live in Hell. There isn't any central leadership (no Satan figure), but there are a lot of archdemons, demon lords, and the like--demons that lead because they are rich or powerful. Souls that go to Hell don't become demons, or money, or (usually) food; they simply exist there, often working for the archdemons as slaves but sometimes just being there for being shown off. Each demon lord has some set of qualities in souls that, should they be rejected from heaven (a whole different issue, which has more to do with "would they fit into the cogs of our machine" than "did he do good"), they will come. Demons temporarily exiled to earth often try to "corrupt" mortal souls one way or another so they can collect a fraction of the value of the soul once they return.
On the note of exiled demons...if a demon is on earth and not in Hell, either he is on a mission, or he is in trouble. The latter case is usually exiles, but I suppose it's possible for a demon to screw up so badly he willingly flees to Earth. (Or maybe Sen is the one in a few billion that doesn't like Hell?)
We need to figure out why Sen is on Earth, firstly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 10, 2014, 11:06:05 pm »

Sen is on earth because of her thirst for knowledge. being a demon of paper she is naturally inclined to hunt for knowledge and Hell is not know for its scholarly needs. Sen's demon name is Compendium due to the amount of books she has memorized or cannibalized. She also has consumed about 12 different Magic Tomes owned by Hyoma's family hence why she was sealed in his ancestry. she pretty much reincarnated into him causing his shortened lifespan.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 10, 2014, 11:52:44 pm »

Unusual, but nothing really clashes with previous lore so it works.

Although there aren't so much different types of demons as different specializations. Succubi are good at seducing men, but that doesn't mean they can't do deals with the devil or join demonic armies.

Oh, and all demons have shapeshifting. It obeys conservation of mass, isn't very fast, and is even slower and more limited for those fused with humans (like Nuriel and Sen), but it helps if Sen wants to hide her identity or change her nose shape as a party trick or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:42 pm »

Shapeshifting? Sen has aged herself to look much older while she resides in Hyoma :3

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 11, 2014, 02:58:52 am »

...I retconned Maria's reaction anyway because it was stupid.

Also, I still don't understand why Luna assumes Richard wanted her dead. He even said, on an open channel, when she hadn't shut off comms, that he was sorry and wanted to apologise.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 11, 2014, 03:00:46 am »

Irrationality? Also Kyle is stuck because no one will release him from Nuriel.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 11, 2014, 03:01:41 am »

Also, I still don't understand why Luna assumes Richard wanted her dead. He even said, on an open channel, when she hadn't shut off comms, that he was sorry and wanted to apologise.
POINTLESS DRAMA IS KING
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 11, 2014, 03:02:38 am »

POINTLESS DRAMA IS QUEEN
FTFY.
GEDDIT

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 11, 2014, 03:12:51 am »

What's the proper roll system for Ashley's fatigue katana?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 11, 2014, 03:14:27 am »

What's the proper roll system for Ashley's fatigue katana?
At this point, I don't know..
Let me fix that.

From this point on, it's a MAG roll, then another roll to determine how much mana it drains (d20).

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 11, 2014, 03:15:33 am »

But isn't it supposed to be an auto-hit paralysis and numbness attack rather than a magic drain?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 11, 2014, 03:16:36 am »

But isn't it supposed to be an auto-hit paralysis and numbness attack rather than a magic drain?
Is it?
>.>
Fine, change that last part to a roll (d20) for severity of paralysis and numbness.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1030