Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 936491 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5925 on: February 06, 2014, 07:48:26 am »

ICARUS  (Independant Combat And Research Utility System)
Soundtrack for the character during combat

The most recent achievement in the struggle of ordinary humans to keep up with supernatural threats has brought forth what may be the pinacle of robotics for the next decade. Financed by a multinational foundation and developed and produced in a cooperative effort by IRIS and DARPA, 7 Prototypes are currently undergoing field-testing worldwide. One of these prototypes, ICARUS-5, was entrusted to the group that put an end to the Layar crisis, believing that cooperation between ICARUS and that group would not only ensure a varied testing against mostly uncalculated for threats, as well as professional judgement on ICARUS strengths and weaknesses by a group of professionals (lol) at fighting the supernatural.

Level: 3
Stats (86)
Exp:215

Str: 15
End: 20
Dex: 25
Mag: 10
Mind: 16

Structural Integrity (Same as Health): 390
Battery Charge (Same as Mana): 330

Perk: Brisk +5 to dodge rolls

Functions:

To combat supernatural threats, ICARUS comes equipped with a wide variety of tools. These tools are energized by a miniature fusion reactor and an efficent battery. Standard actions don't take away a significant charge, more advanced tools however deplete the battery, which will need to recharge over time (that is to say, works pretty much like normal mana)

- Adaptive AI: ICARUS is able to learn from experience (that is to say, able to level up the same way biologics do when exp is handed out)
- Wide Field Sensors: ICARUS is able to perceive most of the electromagnetic spectrum, including PKE sensors (that is to say, can sense intensity of magic, however not nature or use). Further functions, like X-Ray vision, on the spot chemical analysis and similar things deplete the battery.
- A wide variety of CQC techniques and a martial arts database. Standard combat manouvers do not deplete the battery. Kinetic overdrive can momentarily increase the movement speed at the cost of depleting the battery.  (That is to say, she can punch things, and spend Mana to increase her Dex if needed)
- An integrated high-frequency-blade. When activated, increases damage potential of close combat attacks, but drains battery rapidly depending on the material that is meant to be cut. (Can use Mana to increase damage of attacks. Cutting through flesh is cost efficent, cutting through a tank will drain the battery very quickly, game-mechanic wise, increases strength for the damage roll.)
- An integrated particle stream cannon. Fires a stream of particles accelerated to roughly 1% of light speed at the enemy, damage is proportional to the amount of battery depletion (that is to say, an attack that is based on the mag stat. Simple as that, use minimal mana, do minimal damage, use lots of mana, do loads of damage)
- An integrated high-torque cyclonic barrier generator. Using the battery charge, creates a rapidly rotating energy shield, changing the trajectory of physical, and even some magical attacks (in short, use Mana to add a bonus evading most physical and some magical attacks, akin to a mind and/or dex boost)
- Integrated jet-boots and flight-assisting-head-mounted-gliding-apparatus (those weird hair-things), for flight capacity at the cost of battery charge, depending on speed and duration of flight.

If the characters abilities would have to be summed up in a single, defining superpower: Self-Buffing. Spends Mana to, for a short time, Boost Dex, Strength, Mag or Mind, within the limits of the functions described above (so, for example, str can not be boosted to lift heavy objects). Versatile, but also very mana-intensive.

Additional strengths: Remains fully operational up to 500 meters under water, as well as in the vacuum of space. Functions normaly at temperatures between -40°C and 300°C.

Weakness: ICARUS is very susceptible to electricty or magnetism based attacks. Passive health regeneration is not possible as with humans, structural integrity must be restored through manual repair. As long as hands were not damaged too much, can perform auto-repair, else is reliant on IRIS mechanics (comes with 3 year warranty)

Despite it seeming like an obvious feature, ICARUS does not have internet access, or the ability to connect to any other computer system other than the specificaly secured IRIS server. IRIS is not risking the thing becoming the next SkyNet. The AI is hardcoded to be unable to learn how to code, so even through manual access, ICARUS can just get some googling done at best.

Notes by lead designer: ICARUS lacks the ability to feel love or hope, key-points of any magical girl. To compensate, we went with a moe~ design. May humanity have mercy on me.

Current pokemon: Vektor the Porygon-Z

as much for the first draft. Elf-Seal-Of-Approval?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:05:59 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:30 am »

Did they really give that to Kyle who is known for mechanical expertise?

It's like Christmas mornin'...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: February 06, 2014, 07:56:02 am »

CAN YOU PEOPLE NOT MAKE CHARACTERS I CAN IMMEDIATELY SHIP?
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: February 06, 2014, 07:57:08 am »

Kyle being around makes it easier to have someone ready for repair, maintenance and production of replacement parts. For modifications, he needs proper authorisation.

As far as shipping goes, well, ICARUS, has a problem with understanding.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: February 06, 2014, 08:00:16 am »

I don't know what that meant but I played that game a lot when I was like five so I'll give it a ten outa ten.

Also Kyle will be sending in notes on what should be upgraded and how to do so.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: February 06, 2014, 08:02:28 am »

Emotional capabilities would be nice.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: February 06, 2014, 08:05:06 am »

Emotional capabilities are on place 635 of current priority list. This platform was designed and constructed for combat. Emotional capabilities not necessary for optimal function.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:09 am »

Anger can help you fight.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: February 06, 2014, 08:08:51 am »

Statistical Data indicates a correlation between the rise of anger and the decrease of situational analysation and decision making of 28%. Anger deemed detrimental to combat situations.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: February 06, 2014, 08:12:16 am »

I imagine her talking like a female Legion more some reason.

Does this unit have a soul?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: February 06, 2014, 08:13:43 am »

Of course not, it's a robot. She does have a memory unit though, that constantly uploads to the cloud server of IRIS, so in case of total destruction, a new body can be manufactured and be uploaded unit-5s memory

as the AI is adaptive through experience and memories, it may eventually lead to development of a simulated personality

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: February 06, 2014, 08:26:34 am »

Man, I hope the char gets approved, I already have a plot idea.

Elf, if the char is approved, sign me up for another plot

also, I hope combat ends soon, so ICARUS can be delivered
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:01:09 am by Akroma »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: February 06, 2014, 09:22:25 am »

-snip-

I still like the Ghost Buster Girl idea...

Also, the integrated particle stream cannon should accelerate the particles to much more than 1% of light speed. Particles are relatively easy to accelerate to high values of c.

Also also, IRIS has a wierd definition of Moe.

Also also also, I will be extremely disappointed if you didn't make any "ICARUS-5 is alive" jokes.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: February 06, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

Added stats and stuff to Crynn so approval there would be appreciated haha

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: February 06, 2014, 09:31:16 am »

I was pulling a number out of my ass, lets assume it's just c*(faktor depending on mana used), or fixed speed* statistical particle density depending on manaq used, whatever it is, ICARUS may not disclose the details anyway, so it's in the end just:

1d20 +mag +(factor determined by elf*mana used above the minimal mana used to fire the canon) damage

minimal amount of mana used is probably 10 or something, as for most magic uses, the factor is up to elf, as well as a maximum amount of Mana that may be used in one shot.
I'd propose that the factor can be increased if the cannon is charged for a few turns

similarly the HF-Blade just deals 1d20+str damage if no mana is used to actually power the blade, and if mana is used, +(factor determined by elf*mana used)

that makes the HF-Blade much more efficent at attacking often in a row, while the particle cannon is less efficent at rapid fire, but is a) ranged and b) can be charged for higher efficency

edit: Atnegam, you have 75 points you can spend, your stats could be a lot higher
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:35:42 am by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1030