Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924599 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12195 on: April 15, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »

In any event, I assume that at least one rule exists, directly or indirectly: you cannot travel backwards in Creation time by taking a hop through Void. Doing that would lead to all sorts of problems, grandfather paradoxes, and what have you.
That's not an assumption. It's the truth.
I believe the reason we agreed on is that the past is a concept, nothing more. Trying to travel to the past is like trying to travel to pie (not as in a pie, as in, literally, pie).
You can, however, travel to a specific pie. Can you travel to a specific past?
No, because pie has actual instances of pies. Past is a concept only.
Hardly. There are specific pasts. Five minutes ago, fifteen, an hour ago, last week, two years ago, the last time I went to the planetarium, the Renaissance...
That still isn't an accessible instance.
Why not? Your logic is that you can't go to the past because it's a concept (like pie), not an instance of a concept (like that specific apple pie). So why can't I travel to a specific past?

at Aphestadil levels of summoning, the circle is more or less just a fomality.
What about other summons?

Well, some magic works through words and runes of power; you have mundane languages, which have words resembling an object or aspect, then you have a magic language, which has words actually for an object, and can incant the word to control said object or aspect. If you've ever read the Inheritance Cycle by Paolini, sorcerers and the such use magic this way. For example, the word Brisingr is for fire in the books, and can be incanted to control fire. More complex spells need phrases put in to give the spell specific instructions. The magic language has a name, but it is not known. If one did know the name, then they could control everything and thus have the power of a god.
Spoilers are involved in expanding on that last point.
Anyways, this leads to several questions. Like why the language of everything is conveniently pronounceable by humans, or how it can be converted to diagram format.

Son Goku disagrees

an we'll see who wins in a fight, Lunette or Son Goku
"Gandhi thinks conquering and oppressing people is wrong. Ghengis Khan disagrees. We'll see whose army is stronger."
Who wins in a fight depends more on strength than tactics, when the difference in power is that severe.

behold the power of yelling loudly for 20 minutes to gather your energy being a grown man with superhuman strength and toughness beating up a little girl
FTFY.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: April 15, 2014, 05:10:49 pm »

Well, if there's a lot of coffee that floods out of the original coffee...
Congratulations, you made his cup runneth over. And he might have hot coffee on his pants and be moderately irritated. good jarb.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: April 15, 2014, 05:12:02 pm »

well, other summons are other summons, I only govern the fringe of the void. But generaly the more powerful, the bigger the sacrifices needed for a successful and safe summoning experience
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: April 15, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »

In any event, I assume that at least one rule exists, directly or indirectly: you cannot travel backwards in Creation time by taking a hop through Void. Doing that would lead to all sorts of problems, grandfather paradoxes, and what have you.
That's not an assumption. It's the truth.
I believe the reason we agreed on is that the past is a concept, nothing more. Trying to travel to the past is like trying to travel to pie (not as in a pie, as in, literally, pie).
You can, however, travel to a specific pie. Can you travel to a specific past?
No, because pie has actual instances of pies. Past is a concept only.
Hardly. There are specific pasts. Five minutes ago, fifteen, an hour ago, last week, two years ago, the last time I went to the planetarium, the Renaissance...
That still isn't an accessible instance.
Why not? Your logic is that you can't go to the past because it's a concept (like pie), not an instance of a concept (like that specific apple pie). So why can't I travel to a specific past?
I think I screwed up with the pie analogy, I probably should have said something like "travel to <insert other abstract, inaccessible concept here>" but "travel to pie" seemed less longwinded.

well, other summons are other summons, I only govern the fringe of the void. But generaly the more powerful, the bigger the sacrifices needed for a successful and safe summoning experience
Do they accept American Express?

Well, if there's a lot of coffee that floods out of the original coffee...
Congratulations, you made his cup runneth over. And he might have hot coffee on his pants and be moderately irritated. good jarb.
Hey at least his coffee gets spiked with something :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »

Do they accept American Express?
Considering sigging.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: April 15, 2014, 05:16:03 pm »

No, but they have PayPal.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: April 15, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

Tasfarelel, the sultane of greed, is particularly easy to summon with money. Everyone else, a bit more difficult. It's mostly about symbolism
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: April 15, 2014, 05:16:42 pm »

fuck it, sigged. I REGRET NOTHING

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: April 15, 2014, 05:17:17 pm »

I would totally allow his coffee to be spiked with coffee (He drinks base coffee, so only base coffee is allowed.).

Also, My plot will continue after Kansa's is finished, and after Rag's is resolved, because my plot needs a month timeskip.

Also, I think @GWG made will do something. What was that?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:05 pm »

I mean what is the purpose of circles for weaker summons?

I think I screwed up with the pie analogy, I probably should have said something like "travel to <insert other abstract, inaccessible concept here>" but "ravel to pie" seemed less longwinded.
Glad to hear you admit it. If you did, however, I would simply question why the past is such a concept. And, of course, for any such concept I would explain how you can, in fact, travel to specific instances.

Hey at least his coffee gets spiked with something :P
Hm. If you spiked his coffee with caffeine, well...that could be neat.

Also, I think @GWG made will do something. What was that?
Um...I don't remember. He was looking for something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

I should get into the Kansa plot but I just don't feel like it. :/

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:20 pm »

for stronger uncreated, it's more or less used to aim the call you send out. For weaker entities, it literaly drags them into creation against their will, and if the summoner has enough willpower, allows for a (usualy temporary) binding to a set of rules given by the summoner.

also Twi, Bismuth could at least provide the health potions ICARUS asked her to make. And in the end, a bit more sheer swordspower aimed at Zhengara during the fight is always welcome

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »

Tasfarelel, the sultane of greed, is particularly easy to summon with money. Everyone else, a bit more difficult. It's mostly about symbolism
Come to think of it, if you sacrifice corpses, do you have to be the killer? Or could you just buy a lot of meat and chuck it in? What about hard drugs? They make people do less stuff and procrastinate until they aren't high as fuck, is that symbolic enough? :P

I think I screwed up with the pie analogy, I probably should have said something like "travel to <insert other abstract, inaccessible concept here>" but "ravel to pie" seemed less longwinded.
Glad to hear you admit it. If you did, however, I would simply question why the past is such a concept. And, of course, for any such concept I would explain how you can, in fact, travel to specific instances.
The reasoning is simply that the past is merely what a person recalls and thinks occurred, that is, it is merely perception and knowledge, there is no concrete past.

I would totally allow his coffee to be spiked with coffee (He drinks base coffee, so only base coffee is allowed.).
Okay, so, make it get spiked with a lot of coffee and make it spawn more when he's drinking so he chokes on coffee and burns his throat. Hey, it doesn't kill him :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

you don't, no. But it depends on whom you sacrifice to. For many that want you to murder someone for them, it's more about the symbolic loss of innosense that is put upon you from the killing, for some it matters whom the corpse belongs to, like a doctors corpse is good for a demon that causes plagues. "Just" corpses works best for Targunitoth, the domain tied closest to necromancy. They can always need more corpses. And that you likely desecrated a grave and someones eternal rest in the process is a bonus

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:59 pm »

did ICARUS ever ask her? Remember, Bismuth is a decent alchemist, but more lucky than good, so when you asked for good ones I said no. :v

If health potions are asked for, they get made. And she may or may not enjoy taking her bloodthirst out on him. So how did the plot go again?
I remember: Zhen is the god who cursed Alice. Zhen is a douche so we're going to kill him. Ada is someone else cursed by him? That's about all I got.

Emp, you're being dumb. Spacetime is a thing. This implies that time is quantifiable which implies that there is a concrete past in the sense of moving backwards along the time dimension. :I
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1030