Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924372 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #12210 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:55 pm »

well, and now people are gathering arms against him. They have little less than a week until anima summons him, as ICARUS dealt a huge wound on him, and we want him to be forced into the battle before he had time to recover. Also, ICARUS gained a suprise weapon she is not telling anyone about yet
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »

One of these days, Bismuth needs to upgrade her claymore to the ICOOC model. (Kudos to those who remember that. :p))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: April 15, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »

you don't, no. But it depends on whom you sacrifice to. For many that want you to murder someone for them, it's more about the symbolic loss of innosense that is put upon you from the killing, for some it matters whom the corpse belongs to, like a doctors corpse is good for a demon that causes plagues. "Just" corpses works best for Targunitoth, the domain tied closest to necromancy. They can always need more corpses
Does reading 4chan inside/near the circle count for the whole loss of innocence thing? Could you just throw money in and tell them to go buy their own symbolic stuff?

Emp, you're being dumb. Spacetime is a thing. This implies that time is quantifiable which implies that there is a concrete past in the sense of moving backwards along the time dimension. :I
Not necessarily, space-time is a thing, but it does not facilitate anything pertaining to the past. After all, it may be distorted to slow down time, but not even a blackhole reverses it.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: April 15, 2014, 05:29:24 pm »

neither works, I think
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: April 15, 2014, 05:30:29 pm »

Eh, it probably works by many-worlds interpretation.  Is a different past. However, if you return to the  original universe, then you can still get some good info out of it, right?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: April 15, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »

What about reciting Bay12? Or throwing in a FATAL rulebook? :P

Eh, it probably works by many-worlds interpretation.  Is a different past. However, if you return to the  original universe, then you can still get some good info out of it, right?
Perhaps, but how are you sure that past is the same as the past of the original? After all, the universe isn't necessarily deterministic thanks to quantum mechanics.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12216 on: April 15, 2014, 05:33:16 pm »

nobody has tried that, I think

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: April 15, 2014, 05:33:50 pm »

Huh. If FATAL was designed to be a perverse abomination to be offered in occult rituals, it suddenly makes a lot more sense.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: April 15, 2014, 05:34:44 pm »

I feel like people overuse Heisenberg on non-quantum stuff. These are macro-scale events. Sure, there's some indeterminability, but does it really matter for our purposes? :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:30 pm »

for stronger uncreated, it's more or less used to aim the call you send out. For weaker entities, it literaly drags them into creation against their will, and if the summoner has enough willpower, allows for a (usualy temporary) binding to a set of rules given by the summoner.
So, it's kinda like a phone rune?

The reasoning is simply that the past is merely what a person recalls and thinks occurred, that is, it is merely perception and knowledge, there is no concrete past.
...Darn. You actually explained your point of view well there. Now I need to resort to higher physics to try and do this. And I have to hope that reversibility applies to all applicable laws of physics.

Emp, you're being dumb. Spacetime is a thing. This implies that time is quantifiable which implies that there is a concrete past in the sense of moving backwards along the time dimension. :I
Not necessarily, space-time is a thing, but it does not facilitate anything pertaining to the past. After all, it may be distorted to slow down time, but not even a blackhole reverses it.
Oh look, advanced science got involved without me.
You can't use one specific method to travel to the past. That's like saying that since you can't walk to London*, you can't get to London at all.
(For the sake of argument, assume you live outside the Brittish Isles.)
If you take all the particles in a system and simply reverse their velocities, it goes in the exact opposite direction than that it was before--ie, time effectively flows backwards. Mind, it's practically impossible to do so, but with magic, why can't you use such properties of physics to travel to the past? (Or effectively to the past, at least.)

I feel like people overuse Heisenberg on non-quantum stuff. These are macro-scale events. Sure, there's some indeterminability, but does it really matter for our purposes? :P
Depends. If you set things up right? Sure. *cough*RadioactiveIsotopeAndPoisonInABox*/cough*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: April 15, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »

I suppose that is a..somewhat fitting analogy

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: April 15, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »

If you take all the particles in a system and simply reverse their velocities, it goes in the exact opposite direction than that it was before--ie, time effectively flows backwards. Mind, it's practically impossible to do so, but with magic, why can't you use such properties of physics to travel to the past? (Or effectively to the past, at least.)

still works decently in that case.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »

Yes, I know it's a cop-out, but it is still theoretically possible, though not remotely likely for weird shit to occur. Very well, I shall present a different argument. How would you know it's the past? You can only observe the area you are in, not the rest of the universe, even if you could do so, his supposed past may have a differing past to the past of your own past.

Oh look, advanced science got involved without me.
You can't use one specific method to travel to the past. That's like saying that since you can't walk to London*, you can't get to London at all.
(For the sake of argument, assume you live outside the Brittish Isles.)
1.) Well, the other option commonly considered is FTL, but that gets screwed over by mass dilation.
2.) Because magic is dictated by fickle beings known as the players and the GM. And the GM doesn't want time-travel backwards at all. I can't really present any meaningful arguments on that seeing as magic here involves arbitrary geometrical constructs, interest rates and sex.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: April 15, 2014, 05:44:33 pm »

Also, My plot will continue after Kansa's is finished, and after Rag's is resolved, because my plot needs a month timeskip.

I have a plot too, though it's meant to be delivered piecemeal instead of all at once, so... *shrug*

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:36 pm »

Yay! Multiplots! Now we just need to induce a bit of mutual interference :D
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1030