Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924664 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14850 on: June 01, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »

What happens to all the Layans (Layars?) that crossed over?
During/after the timeskip, I mean.
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: June 01, 2014, 05:05:11 pm »

in short, the gurps manual has 32 pages. That is the reason why nobody commented, nobody bothered actually reading the whole thing.

dunno about the layar, that is really an elf question
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Bartimaeus, Uncreated Entity
« Reply #14852 on: June 01, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »

Bartimaeus
XP: 535

"What I saw deceived my eyes, my sense, and my very fabric of understanding; my very being warping together anew as it entwined into its essence, a phenomenon heard not of. A human soul and uncreated essence bonding together with eldritch magic forbidden to human and uncreated knowledge - I got onto a train with no stop when I did it. But I knew it would preserve my existence in Creation." - Dr. Alucard Faucheuse, on page 31 of "Quintessential Fabrics and Eldritch Magics"

Stats    (116)
 HP------15 [45]
 MP------15 [45]
 SPEED---15
 SKILL---15
 STR-----15
 MAG----15
 DEF-----13
 RES-----13

Perks
 Supercharged Essence - Each point of MP is worth 3 mana.
 Adaptive Essence - SP is calculated by STR/3.

Equipment
 Shaded Edge - +5 Damage, -3 to Skill. Whenever an enemy is struck, an aura surrounds them. 2 turns later, a 55 stat pool shadow appears, that has locked 0 STR, and 15 MAG. (The rest is up to the user). Stacks when multiple enemies are attacked in one turn.

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Special Moves (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:33:47 pm by PrivateNomad »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: June 01, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »

Dalia should be a little less OP now, right?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: June 01, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »

looks good, both of you
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: June 01, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

Aw yes. Perfect. Now to add in some fluff/descriptions and things like that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: June 01, 2014, 05:22:28 pm »

okay, I will now go to bed and absolutely not read any more Winry related posts.

my father died last year of a lung disease. I simply can not roleplay someone grieving for a parent like this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:27:55 pm by Akroma »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: June 01, 2014, 05:34:22 pm »

in short, the gurps manual has 32 pages. That is the reason why nobody commented, nobody bothered actually reading the whole thing.
You...don't really need to. The gist of the material is all that would matter...less, when you consider that the only system I've been even suggesting since you defined your involves just using the book as a guideline for what powers and perks we grant our characters (an issue, I should add, that your system doesn't even touch upon).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: June 01, 2014, 05:43:02 pm »

GWG, If you would kindly post the basic synopsis of the GURPS rules, the parts that matter, I will gladly read it and look at what could and couldn't work.

Second, Anyone have any ideas how I could handle Sen's books?

Lastly, Dark souls II has made me want to make a weak, yet immortal character that respawns as a zombie that needs a human effigy to turn back into a human...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: June 01, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »

(Tentative stat-line for Stella, tried to be thematic, but not OP please rate)

Health : 20

Defense : 15

Resistance : 15

Skill : 10

Speed : 5

Strength : 15

Mana : 10

Magic : 10

HP: 60
MP: 20

Perk: Creature of Magic (Health Perk)
Non Magical Damage (Magical weapons and attacks from the natural armaments of other magic creatures count as magic) Regenerates more quickly (need balanced numbers, plus adjudication I guess)

Special Features (Attempting to simulate her being a dragon (and bigger than most of the team) without overpowering her)
- Scales (+1 to defense in half dragon form +3 in full dragon form) (Taken from armour stats (she does get the speed penalty but its in the next bit))
- Big Target (In full dragon form Stella is a much bigger target and her inertia prevents more agile manouvers; -1 speed except for straight linear movement)
- Lifting Strength (In full dragon form Stella's Strength for non-combat purposes is multiplied by 1.5)
- Organic Flight (For long distance flight, Stella adds her Strength (ignoring the lifting strength feature) to her speed to determine how fast she travels)
- Creature of Fire (No damage or penalties from fire and heat based abilities/weapons, double damage/penalties (before resistance) from cold based abilities/weapons)
- Toxic Blood (Stella's Blood is a potent, skin permeable toxin, any enemy using an edged weapon (in melee) against Stella must roll dodge (TN: 5) made easier by 1 point per 2 the skill roll exceeded hitting STella) or take 1 damage per round per 5 points of damage inflicted on Stella) (biut wary about this one but I want numbers on her weird blood even if it never comes up)
- Magic Blood (If Stella's Blood can be collected, true magic users can draw the natural magic from within it; Regenerating 1 Mana per point of health the injury that provided the blood inflicted - the blood is not consumed)

Equipment
- Super Spandex Suit (+1 defense against piercing and slashing type attacks, also prevents Stella's blood splashing around from such attacks while worn; immune to destruction for non-plot reasons and fits her in any form)

Natural attacks (Tennative)
- Fangs and Claws, Normal quality equivilent (+3)
- Tail Slap, A Crushing attack using the muscles from entirety of Stella's Body (+7) However She must be on the ground to use it AND the attack is strongly telegraphed and requires her to stop looking at her target a small amount of time before striking (-2 to hit)
- Wing Slam, When not flying Stella Can Slam her wings into a target, Her wing Muscles are stronger (+5) But wings are fragile and easily hurt she also must roll her own defence (nor scales or amour) against the attack, taking half damage and preventing her wings from being used in that number of turns (For flying OR attacking); also causes a lot of pain to herself regardless of if she receives damage

Magic:

Negligible
- Fire Bolt (Small puff of flame, dealing magic as damage, does not last long enough to ignite target)
- Kindle (Lights flammable on fire)

Small
- Blast of flame (Cone of fire damage)
- Cloud of Smoke (penalizes all (including allied) non area attacks at half magic value for 4 turns)
- Ignite (A Wash of flame over a single target Magic damage plus ignites target (dealing a quarter of the damage initially dealt (min 1) ignoring resistance) until they take a turn to put themselves out)
- Fire Lance (Magic damage- Grows in damage by .5 magic every turn the same target is hit until Stella misses/does not continue/ or changes target)
- Superheat (Stella superheats her fangs, adding her magic roll to physical damage with her fangs for the turn)

Medium
- Cleanse (Stella uses the metaphoric cleansing aspect of fire, removing (or having a chance to remove) ongoing effects on the target. Stella must reach TN 2 for this effect but also deals her magic as damage, TN4 deals no damage)
- Immolate (as ignite but base damage is 1.5 Magic and an immolated target only has a 50/50 chance to remove the fire without special effects (such as water magic))
- Strong Blast of Flame (Cone of 1.5 Magic as fire damage)
- Thermal Lance (Stella uses Concentrated Heat (1.5 magic, no damage but any that penetrates resistance is dealt as a temporary penalty to armour only (not base defense stat of creature) ))

Big
- Incinerate (as immolate but 2 times magic as base damage and Fire may only be put out by magic, or complete smothering)
- Fire Wave (Cone of 2 times magic damage)
- White Fire (Single target 2.5 times magic damage, TN 3 and May not use her magic abilities next turn)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: June 01, 2014, 06:31:24 pm »

That is a loooooot of buffs.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: June 01, 2014, 07:00:50 pm »

HILDA
XP: 445

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)
~HILDA (The Stray Scion)
   Her standard form, in which she is almost always seen in. Quite moe.
~HILDA-ALPHA (The Vanguard)
   A huge mecha primarily used for extremely physical attacks and for transforming into vehicles.
~HILDA-BETA (The Striker)
   A short hooded girl equipped with giant metal fists. Designed for both fast movement and physical attack.
~HILDA-GAMMA (The Surge)
   A slim form with body parts that act independently. Designed for magical attacks and has a spiked skirt that spins, as well as an orb surging with magic energy.

Stats (Standard/ALPHA/BETA/GAMMA)(116)(74 Free)
 HP------14/14/14/14 [42]
 MP------18/18/18/18 [36]
 SPEED---14/5/5/8
 SKILL---14/15/20/15
 STR-----14/34/45/1
 MAG----11/0/0/50
 DEF-----15/15/9/5
 RES-----16/15/5/5

Perks
 Belkelel's Sight- allows HILDA to detect various magical aura and the such.
 Robotic Precision- If HILDA's SKILL is 5 higher than the enemy, she ignores 2 DR.
 Hidden Perk-

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Moves (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:21:03 pm by PrivateNomad »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: June 01, 2014, 07:23:35 pm »

Lizzie Accalia
XP: 175

Photo

Lizzie is a young woman with unkept black hair and brown eyes. Her figure is slim and young and her teeth have two small fangs. She has canine traits, being extremely loyal and will beam with pride if she receives praise.

Stats (Standard/Wolf)(104/104)
 HP------15/15 [45]
 MP------5/5 [10]
 SPEED---25/16
 SKILL---19/23
 STR-----24/28
 MAG----6/6
 DEF-----5/5
 RES-----5/5

Perks
 Thrill of the Hunt- Lizzie can attack 2 people for 60% of damage and dodge 2 people.
 Lycanthrope- When Lizzie bites someone, there is a 2.5% chance that they will contract Lycanthropy. This chance increases by 2.5% each time she bites.
Ninjutsu, bitch- If Lizzie's SKILL is 5 above her enemy, she ignores 2 DR.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:14:55 pm by PrivateNomad »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: June 01, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

Winry
XP: 493

Winry is a young cat-like alien who was hatched from an egg found in an abandoned stone quarry by IRIS retrieval agents, and was raised in their care. She is short and has white fur, as well as large yellow eyes. She wears green robes with a leather satchel hooked around her that contains various scrap electronics and metal. She is often playful but will display a high intellect on matters of technology if need be.

Stats (116)
 HP------15 [45]
 MP------20 [45]
 SPEED---15
 SKILL---28
 STR-----5+2 (With exoarmor)
 MAG----20
 DEF-----13+2 (With exoarmor)
 RES-----11

Perks
 Thaumaturgic Enhancement - Adds half of Winry's MAG to a summon's statpool.
 Technosensory Creation - Adds +5 to the SKILL roll when creating things and summons.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:35:54 am by PrivateNomad »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: June 01, 2014, 07:57:13 pm »

Fires a beam of particles that move at 0.5c

That is going to have some nasty side effects. Maybe not as bad, due to you firing a single atom as opposed to a baseball, but you get the general idea.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1030