Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924301 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14880 on: June 02, 2014, 04:55:17 am »

KJ:
sorry, but without some drawbacks, armor that gives kyle a total of +15 to stats is just unfair compared to everyone else who stuck to the recommended guidelines of starting equipment not exceeding 8 bonus points at the start. For orientation, look at Winries Power Armor. Winries main ability is Technomancy. Kyles main ability is the persona stuff on the side, and technology is mostly a mundane skill. It should, at the very least, not be stronger than that. As it is, it is 3 times stronger. Not balanced.

I am also against Kyle having just 1 in Mag. Mag represents all supernatural powers, that includes his persona and how good he is at using it. At mag 1, he'd be just barely able to handle negliable uses. Told you, minmaxing in this system is difficult. (also, but this might just be a mistake, it's 60 HP, not 65, with 20 in health)

Sanure: I am not sure if twisted frenzy, an attack that attacks *everyone*, should be anything lower than big. Also a reminder, to be able to access enormous magical tasks, a mag of 12 is needed at least.))

Also a reminde to PN, looking at Winry for example, remember that low mag means low powers. Winry will not be technomancing much with only 5 mag
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:05:10 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14881 on: June 02, 2014, 05:23:50 am »

Okay, for easier access, a big gathering post:

Rules

ICARUS
Alucard, Bartimaeus, HILDA, Lizzy, Winry
Selina
Alice
Dalia
Stella
Frederika
Kyle
Ashley
Sen
Tobias
Laura
Grimrick
Angel/Nuriel
Maria/Anima

I'd guess when the actual game rolls around, PN is going to cut down on characters a bit, I mean wanting to cut down on the ridiculous amount of stuff going on *was* among our original goals

Anyway, time for a big test fight, the arena is a destroyed, post apocalytic city

Team Humans:
Lizzy:        (45)(10)
Selina:       (30)(30)
Alice:         (42)(30)
Dalia:         (24)(44)
Frederika:   (60)(20)
Kyle:          (60)(10)(once fixed)

Team Kill-All-Humans:
ICARUS:       (42)(22)
Alucard:       (39)(40)
Bartimaeus:  (21)(14)
HILDA:         (46)(14)
Stella:         (60)(20)
Winry:         (45)(20)(once Kyle joins the battle for numerical equivalence)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:53:29 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14882 on: June 02, 2014, 05:28:22 am »

PN is going to cut down on characters a bit
Does it involve cutting down the character quantity? Or cutting down the characters with an edged weapon?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14883 on: June 02, 2014, 05:29:32 am »

possibly both. For characters marked as non-essentials, I maaay take a bit of artistic license as to what the dice actually came up with :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14884 on: June 02, 2014, 05:37:07 am »

Artistic license? The kind that involves catsploisions and lolbasilisks.com?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14885 on: June 02, 2014, 06:07:06 am »

on different news

Spoiler: Stella maybe? (click to show/hide)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14886 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:55 am »

That is a loooooot of buffs.

is that about Stella?, cause most of em are both positive and negative

True, you're only OP in the right environments. Heh.

possibly both. For characters marked as non-essentials, I maaay take a bit of artistic license as to what the dice actually came up with :P

So you're, um, 'misplacing' and busing excess characters to reduce chaos? I'd try to avoid knocking off every second NPC unless we're sure it'll never make an important comeback.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14887 on: June 02, 2014, 06:13:25 am »

no, I mean that non-essential PCs may suddenly find that an attack they might have dodged hit them anyway. In previous games, everybody had like 2-5 characters, and the sheer amount left enemies swarmed and made combat needlessly complicated and anticlimatic at the same time. We were not planning on continueing that, so some moderation in the char amount might be best.

Speaking of which, why the new char Sanure? Don't ditch Sen please.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14888 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:27 am »

Wait, people had multiple active characters? That's a pain, especially if it gets metagamey.

Should we limit the amount of active chars per person, or at least separate them (per person)?

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14889 on: June 02, 2014, 06:21:16 am »

well, some multiple chars are fine. Alucard/Bartimaeus are basicaly the same character fused into one, and HILDA I believe is plot relevant. Lizzy and Winry seem superflous though.

I suppose having a second character is be fine, but should try to be unintrusive during combat at least

then again with the teleport ban in and out of combat (unless that is an active ability like with Ashley or Sen), enemies will get swarmed less. If your character is not at the scene of the fight, he is unlikely to make it there in time

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14890 on: June 02, 2014, 06:22:11 am »

How about setting a limit of one character per player per encounter?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14891 on: June 02, 2014, 06:26:07 am »

That'll work, unless the chars have a reason to work together, in which case we'll need to ass pull to get them separated.

Why not make the enemies more dynamic? As PC's join in a death ball, enemies get tougher and more numerous (or maybe their gear just gets better), so that the death ball can't roll over everything so easily.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14892 on: June 02, 2014, 06:28:09 am »

Actually, we only banned teleporting OUT of battle.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14893 on: June 02, 2014, 06:30:32 am »

How about this? People can teleport  in or out of combat, they need to spend two consecutive turns channeling magic into their bracelet and the person they are teleporting need to do so as well. This thus only allows people to teleport to people with consent. Furthermore, it allows people to summon reinforcements if for whatever reason there is a lull in combat.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14894 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:27 am »

on different news

Spoiler: Stella maybe? (click to show/hide)

Too much armour, too small wings, wrong colour scales, not enough scales. horns not straight enough and on wrong part of head, but a better picture than i could draw for sure, especially if she goes psycho for some reason

edit: What is that from?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1030