Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 936998 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15120 on: June 03, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »

well, we can have a look at the chars after you are done, and *then* vote, after everybody is done actually putting their own touches on the whole thing
So, I'm supposed to do all the work, and then if you don't like it it all goes bye-bye?
I also note that you put up a poll to end the GURPSing earlier, before I did so. Interesting.

Spoiler: Selina's Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stella's Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HILDA's Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HILDA Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:18:34 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15121 on: June 03, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

Hmmm... Oh yeah, I have to do Inyana as well. That's right.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure HILDA can shift her stays around and fly more than thirty feet high.
Plus HILDA doesn't need to charge, as she siphons void magic. Maybe rarely.
And plus she can't be repaired by normal means, at least not actually replacing her hull.
As for everything else, that should be fine. HILDA runs on electricity as well as void magic.

HILDA would not only be damaged by electricity but also antivoid.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: June 03, 2014, 05:43:47 pm »

what does DR: [number] mean`

as for Selina, does she really need to be nerfed *that* bad? As it stands, she is barely capable of doing..anything.

as for HILDA, there's a bit of a lore break here, she is not, infact, an AI. Technicaly, she is a part of a void entity that is used to animate golems and machinery, that got *corrupted* by creation. There is no such thing as an actual computer that is controling her robotic body. It contains a fist-sized core that can not be changed, and the rest of her body is more or less terminator 2 style alloy stuff. The whole robot theme is more of an identity crisis. Though it does also mean her reaction time is not perfect.

Which btw gives me an idea for the flaw you were asking for - void creatures are vulnerable to creation magic. Though considering that would mean all magic that is not void magic, that might be a WAY more harmfull flaw than what is still needed. I guess limiting it to specific anti-void measures would be better. Anti-void fields would not immediatly desintegrate her, but may fuck up with her senses, maybe give some debuffs etc.

Also, similarly to ICARUS that too, is less of an AI and more of a modern day spirit that posesses computers, hacking is really not the trouble. Remember how it was a large character arc that ICARUS discovered she could actually ignore the -hardcored- prime directives. Whatever programming is going on on the body Icarus is in, her presence in it overrides it.

the actual problem would be, though nobody ever tried that, an excorcism. If actually driven out of a sufficently advanced computer to sustain her, Icarus would probably not live long. Of course, excorcisms are time-intensive things, and considering Icarus appearance and lack of actual data on what is going on (with her being the first (I guess?) of her kind), an excorcism may be a bit counter intuitive. It may be a bit more intuitive for HILDA, as unlike Icarus, she gives of a clear void presence. The TN would probably still be rather high.

edit: I forgot to mention, but what happens to HILDA having 4 standard forms to switch inbetween?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:01:14 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15124 on: June 03, 2014, 06:06:20 pm »

Spoiler: Ashley Davis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:35:04 pm by Projeck37 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: June 03, 2014, 06:09:48 pm »

difference between speed and dodge roll?

speed is the dodge roll. Skill is the hit roll. though it seems more like something that requires you to hit, and if you hit, roll a mag vs resistance, and the effect depends on that, as it is a supernatural effect that requires to be resistant
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: June 03, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »

Thought it was Speed vs Speed? Eh, I'll change that.

*Fixed

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:43 pm »

how big of an act is summoning the mordite sword? Maybe add that to the sheet

oh and I notice now, your TNs are a taaad bit high. We are rolling on the stats, not stat+d20. The magic part of the rules explains how high TNs are depending on the act, and how magic attacks work. As Alucard uses basicaly the same way of using void energy to damage beings, you should check his charsheet as a referance. Or not, he did not write that down. Anyway, negliable and minor have no TN, then 3, then 6 OR 3 with a minor drawback, then 9 OR 6 with a minor drawback etc.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:16:31 pm by Akroma »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: June 03, 2014, 06:14:43 pm »

It's right in the middle of Big and Enormous, sitting at 7 mana. Guess I do need a TN, huh?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: June 03, 2014, 06:17:42 pm »

Also, due to how she summons it, the mana isn't actually spent unless the roll to summon succeeded.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: June 03, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »

that's fine, anyway, take a look at the TNs and how rolls work in the system. With a d15 (her mag stat) she is unlikely to beat a TN of 23 :P

and sleep time

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: June 03, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »

With all this char creation going on, I sorta want to make my own character too, but that'll interfere with GM business. Such dilemma, wow.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: June 03, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »

Oh wait, now I see how the TN system works. I thought it was d15/whatevertheirmagwas + MAG. Alright, that makes a lot more sense!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: June 03, 2014, 06:33:54 pm »

Why does magic work like that?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile