Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 936831 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15240 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:36 pm »

well, was just an idea, if people might want this. If not, no problem.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »

hey, I realised there is something we still need a rule for

leveling.

this is mostly a concensus thing, on how fast everyone wants the game to progress. Assuming small plots give on average 50 exp, medium plots about 100 and long plots about 150, differentiated between individual performance etc, and level ups starting at 100, then 110 etc. How much Stat points should be given for each level? Also, what about perks? Perhaps levels can be used to buy special equipment? Perhaps modular, so someone could decide between stats, a new perk, or special equipment? With GWGs Gurps-perking, conversion between stats and the value of a new perk can be easily done (and may require saving up between levels for huge perks), but gets a bit fuzzy with equipment. I suppose equipment may just be priced as if it was an equivalent ability or perk. Of course equipment would need at least minimal justification, and stranger perks probably too. Nope, can't just buy excalibur.

what matters is the consens, how fast should the game progress? Just one stat point per level? 3? 5? This is not an easy decision.

We'll give them 3 points a level.

Also, leveled gear pisses me off. Super-awesome gear should be really rare instead of level locked.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:53 pm »

The last level system was one point a level and five points every five levels starting with the first level up.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: June 04, 2014, 03:04:32 pm »

yeah, but that may be kinda erratic. remember, you may want to buy perks instead of stats, and they are likely expensive, especialy the good ones
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: June 04, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »

Why are we messing with random perks again?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15245 on: June 04, 2014, 03:07:24 pm »

to allow for more detailed differentiation between characters

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

hey, I realised there is something we still need a rule for

leveling.

this is mostly a concensus thing, on how fast everyone wants the game to progress. Assuming small plots give on average 50 exp, medium plots about 100 and long plots about 150, differentiated between individual performance etc, and level ups starting at 100, then 110 etc. How much Stat points should be given for each level? Also, what about perks? Perhaps levels can be used to buy special equipment? Perhaps modular, so someone could decide between stats, a new perk, or special equipment? With GWGs Gurps-perking, conversion between stats and the value of a new perk can be easily done (and may require saving up between levels for huge perks), but gets a bit fuzzy with equipment. I suppose equipment may just be priced as if it was an equivalent ability or perk. Of course equipment would need at least minimal justification, and stranger perks probably too. Nope, can't just buy excalibur.

what matters is the consens, how fast should the game progress? Just one stat point per level? 3? 5? This is not an easy decision.
Not including equipment makes sense, I suppose. Though with the perks system, including the occasionallymentioned Gadget Limitations, it would make sense that we could add new, significant equipment that would often be used that way. For instance, Will's poisoned dagger probably wouldn't need to be paid for (since Will doesn't knife-fight much and the knife isn't that much better than a normal knife), but Kyle's armor would be (since it's both commonly-used and a huge bonus to his abilities).
Another option to consider is if we want to award stat points at all, or just more PP and let people increase stats for 15 PP apiece. This would encourage more development of perks (which set people apart more than stats), but would also allow more min/maxing room.

to allow for more detailed differentiation between characters
Non-random perks would do that as well, if not better. After all, I'm willing to bet that the random perk system is less likely to give a well-fitting perk to, say, Will than I am, and more likely to give him (say) a melee-combat-enhancing perk or one that lets him berserk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: June 04, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:23:58 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: June 04, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »

3D-grea is *way* overpowered. Needs noticable nerf. Afterall, it also gives you semi flight. +2 speed and +1 strength I'd figure would be more in line with other peoples equipment. but +7 to speed and +5 to strength? just no

if they are weak to light. do they possibly stay for a shorter duration (1-2 turns) when summon in broad daylight or otherwise bright light, but maybe 1-2 turns longer when it's dark?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:32:34 pm by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: June 04, 2014, 05:32:12 pm »

And Kyle also made that because it's useful.

Am I the only one seeing a theme here?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: June 04, 2014, 05:33:49 pm »

the theme being that nobody can start with *way* more powerful equipment than the others?

it's not that Kyle built it, it's just that granting +13 stats and semi-flight is over the top
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:35:50 pm by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: June 04, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »

Even if the had it before the update. Right...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15252 on: June 04, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »

One of the points of this update was to curb the more overpowered stuff
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: June 04, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »

back then it didnt even provide statboosts, just the semi-flight

if it gives +2 speed and +1 strength alongside semiflight, it got *buffed*

but +13 in stats alongside semi-flight? Over the top.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: June 04, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »

It does make sense though, you'd be flying at a very high speed if you used it correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1030