Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924363 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15300 on: June 05, 2014, 12:26:13 am »

also, how is a greek girl with control of blood the creator of the universe
As I understand it, the creator of the universe was bound into a Japanese lineage and somehow this made her only able to screw with blood. Ask ragnarok, if you can; lately, though, he's been scarcer than Elf.

By the way, what's been happening the last dozen pages or so? Maybe two dozen? Anything of note happen since we took down the Order?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:10 am »

Ashley left, Bartimaeus died, HILDA activated her true personality, Alucard resigned, Lizzie attacked Rose, Winry almost died. The usual.

Oh and Bartimaeus got fucked over by Lolgrammoth.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:36:07 am by PrivateNomad »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:59 am »

how is a greek girl with control of blood the creator of the universe
Well, it's more a case that God got bound to her bloodline.

Apparently, her ancestors tried to seal God due to the latter being on one of her usual murder sprees, and from my understanding, did such a pathetic job at that, that God actually felt sorry for them and was sealed out of sheer pity.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: June 05, 2014, 04:32:05 am »

Okay, just think of how fast the 3D Maneuver Gear propels people. Fast enough to make it extremely hard to hit them. And with that speed, momentum plays a part. I'll nerf it a little. But not as drastic as you want.

what you have now, +5 to speed and +3 to strength is more reasonable. It's still rather strong, but since it has certain limitations, like being impossible to be used indoors (unless indoors is something huge like a sports stadium), or in wide open paces with nothing to grapple to.
I still think it should give -1 skill
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: June 05, 2014, 04:41:01 am »

Eh, I'll concede to Akroma on that one.

Also, I heard through the grape vine that Rag's considering joining the next version.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: June 05, 2014, 04:52:06 am »

also, holy baby jesus that wall of text for summoning.

would it really be so horrible to just stick to the summoning rules we have? I mean, to summon a shadow equal in stats to the PCs, he has to roll a 9, his mag is 20, so he only has a 55% chance that it will work (and having *that* high in mag should enable him to do some serious magicing), takes a turn of delay before it can act and even than will only stay for a limited amount of time.

I do not find that overpowered at all. The limited duration really is the main balancing factor for strong summons, as they only give a temporary advantage

((Also to be honest, since Projecks, PrivateNomads and My plot are all void-centered, I did kinda hope Rag might not return. So many lore arguements....))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: June 05, 2014, 04:53:39 am »

To be fair he is the one who even made it so he has every right to argue about why you're all wrong.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15307 on: June 05, 2014, 04:58:49 am »

yeah, and the initial parts where all approved off. Then he disappeared for a long long time, and stopped answering my PMs, so planing continued without him.

That being said, regardless of any of the plots ahead, I would never ever approve of a player whose characters are a) the god that created the universe and b) the entity that controls everything outside of the universe.

I will leave that up to smurf, but as a rule of thumb, neither are characters that are good for the flow of the game, but rather maximum potential plot breakers. Even when powered down to player level, there is just too much *knowledge* going on. And as far as the power levels go, last thing I remember Caes wanted to transfer all the power of the overgod to selina
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:01:27 am by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: June 05, 2014, 05:03:08 am »

I don't remember that at all. And you can't blame elf because at least he allowed more gods instead of Sym'Caes being the god. It's all on Scap.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:20 am »

I blame both, gods are gods and really should never be PCs

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: June 05, 2014, 05:05:48 am »

Well woopdy frikkening do. You don't like gods as PCs, if I remember right most everyone was against it as well, do you want a medal?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: June 05, 2014, 05:07:23 am »

why so hostile? Calm down dude.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: June 05, 2014, 05:09:38 am »

Because you're easily the second most negative person in this game next to GWG. Emp isn't counted because they aren't in the game anymore.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: June 05, 2014, 05:12:56 am »

there are several views on negativity.

it starts with the difference on the bottom line of "you can't do everything you want." and "you can do everything you want"

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: June 05, 2014, 05:15:28 am »

Arguments aside, no PC gods. Look at any forum game where a loonie acquires godhood if you want a reason why.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1030