Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 924657 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15315 on: June 05, 2014, 05:16:00 am »

And you're still one of the most negative people in the game.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: June 05, 2014, 05:23:21 am »

((Also to be honest, since Projecks, PrivateNomads and My plot are all void-centered, I did kinda hope Rag might not return. So many lore arguements....))
Yeah, but 3 against 1 with grandfather rights and whatnot makes it unlikely he'll win out.
Because you're easily the second most negative person in this game next to GWG. Emp isn't counted because they aren't in the game anymore.
Am I a hive mind now? :P Yes, I am indeed cynical, but I am not necessarily negative, otherwise, I wouldn't be helping out with this reconstruction, would I? I wouldn't be even commenting.

At the end of the day, this RP appears to me as a social experiment, after all, it is a game with lore and plots both produced and managed by the players. Hence, I am merely commenting on changes in the variables within it that I feel may lead to a more favorable outcome. That is not to say I will remain silent nor that I will refrain from voicing every single objection and disagreement that comes to my mind :P

It also seems to be that, the 'most negative' people are the ones who disagree with you and your balancing and/or logic.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: June 05, 2014, 05:26:51 am »

sais the one who has nonstop refused any and all changes to the game despite the vast majority of players wanting the game to change, and several of them returning only because of these changes? If negative means getting things done then guilty, I am getting things done. And I am trying my best to do that in a fashion that satisfies as many players as possible - note that since the initial draft of the rules, I changed them 12 times so far, 10 of them after player suggestions. But it seems no, you can not be pleased unless Kyle stands above the rules and churns out gamebreaking technology with limitless resources within half an hour, easily outperforming people like winry whose main power is to do stuff like that - without it even being permanent.

Kyle is Winry and Selina combined, with none of the downsides, with some extra powers to boot and a perk that is simply above and beyond all the perks everyone else has.

Quite frankly, it's things like this that the rest of the players wanted to avoid in v3. But you are so self-absorbed that you don't seem to give a damn if 7-8 players want to play the game a different way, all that matters is that you get your candy. Fine. I will not argue. I took it upon myself to help everyone reform the game, but in the end, that also includes that we have a new GM. Who I hope will have an eye on what is happening.

I will now stop responding to anything you say until you finaly stop the hostility.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:29:45 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: June 05, 2014, 05:29:54 am »

Please understand: I still expect you to post all the lore you are able to without spoilers on IRIS at a time where it is convenient to you. All of it. How it is funded, how it gains influence and resources. The audit of these conspiracies is far from over.

I expect the same from @Ragnarok when he returns. These matters must be reigned in and controlled.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: June 05, 2014, 05:34:41 am »

speaking of lore, the stuff PN posted about the sultanes is not entirely correct.

they do not rule the void seperated into twelve domains, the domains are in fact quite small. They are found on the fringe of creation, creation literaly forms the ground beneath the domains. The domains are in fact quite small, while some encompass an entire ocean, others just encompass a single city - or even just a single building. They are not the rulers of the void, but just forces in it that have taken the most direct interest in creation

btw, question, do we even need he bracelets? I mean, what happened to good old cellphones to stay in contact :P ?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:51:31 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:45 am »

Who needs to hear someone's voice to talk to them?
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: June 05, 2014, 08:19:02 am »

I mean, it seems a bit less...hyper intrusive than the bracelets.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: June 05, 2014, 08:26:32 am »

The bracelets are pretty much how the characters can communicate during combat. Pretty much makes it so that they can discuss via a system where you can transfer thoughts really fast and receive them just as fast. Not to mention the servers that can be held on it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15323 on: June 05, 2014, 08:30:52 am »

also, holy baby jesus that wall of text for summoning.
would it really be so horrible to just stick to the summoning rules we have? I mean, to summon a shadow equal in stats to the PCs, he has to roll a 9, his mag is 20, so he only has a 55% chance that it will work (and having *that* high in mag should enable him to do some serious magicing), takes a turn of delay before it can act and even than will only stay for a limited amount of time.
I do not find that overpowered at all. The limited duration really is the main balancing factor for strong summons, as they only give a temporary advantage
Reread the rules. I took pains to make sure that you could use those rules. The only difference is that I've put PP cost to it. (That, and I've imposed a maximum duration of half an hour at a time.)

Well woopdy frikkening do. You don't like gods as PCs, if I remember right most everyone was against it as well, do you want a medal?
No, and she also doesn't want gods as PCs. You could have probably figured both of those out by reading her post.

Because you're easily the second most negative person in this game next to GWG.
Hey!

Arguments aside, no PC gods. Look at any forum game where a loonie acquires godhood if you want a reason why.
Or most games where the players start out as gods, for that matter.

If negative means getting things done then guilty, I am getting things done.
If that's what kj meant, I retract my objection.

btw, question, do we even need he bracelets? I mean, what happened to good old cellphones to stay in contact :P ?
Well, if we're going by either my version of Selina's power or by the "common-sense balancing phase 1" we discussed, Selina can't make magic items at all. So we'd better not need the bracelets.
Especially since advancing magitek probably means better cell phone coverage with better technology. Like, cell phones work indoors, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:23 am »

I will point out that Kyle questioned why people never gave each other their phone numbers.

Also, wouldn't anything Selina makes be magic?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15325 on: June 05, 2014, 09:27:56 am »

Arguments aside, no PC gods. Look at any forum game where a loonie acquires godhood if you want a reason why.
Am I permitted to summon gods/generic supernatural entities who are weakened under the rules of a contract?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: June 05, 2014, 09:40:52 am »

Hey Elf? In this 5 year time skip, would Selina and Maria be married?

Also, how much does Angel's mother still hate Selina? (Of note, since Selina would be working as the assistant Art teacher at the elementary, Angel would likely be in 5th or 6th grade, meaning Selina might be teaching her! :D
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: June 05, 2014, 09:51:29 am »

Don't split hairs, kj. You really should know what I meant.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: June 05, 2014, 09:54:40 am »

Don't split hairs, kj. You really should know what I meant.
It can be detected as magically created, but she can't make the wind blades or bracelets anymore. Magic restrictions taking its toll on her ability to make anything advanced really.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:45 am »

Why? If consistent exposure to magic restriction did that a lot of people would be pissed off wouldn't they?
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1030