Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 2846299 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #35925 on: January 30, 2014, 03:14:25 pm »

"So, what's this place?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35926 on: January 30, 2014, 03:20:00 pm »

Kyle turns around looking up from his machine.
"My house until we can get everything set up in the castle."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35927 on: January 30, 2014, 03:23:40 pm »

"So, what's up? I just returned from china and they told me you *ran away*. What's up with that?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35928 on: January 30, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »

"Will, do you know of any suitable properties within a 2 mile radius that are for sale? Also, could you go to my room and grab the red bag with the pink flowers on it?" Sen smiles at Will.
"Because urban Australia is truly the most fertile land one could hope for..."
Will does, indeed, fetch the bag.

"I..am not quite sure how that situation would be ease-able. I mean, did you really *have* to introduce yourself that way? I believe all we can do is keep the part that you are protecting them secret. Let none of them see you, and they will eventually just accept the land as neutral, rather than *bought from a demon*"
"Less 'bought from a demon' than 'a demon convinced us to let the original owner keep controlling it because we aren't horrible people'."

"I have learned from experience that living on your holy lands is not the best idea. People become complacent and take the lands for granted."
"It's been working pretty well for Israel, hasn't it?"

<Wait..what? You guys are millionairs? Why do you still live here as a guest then? You should like, built a huge magical girl HQ. With pool and...whatever else you need to fight crime...The pool is obviously very useful for fighting crime, yes.>
<A million doesn't go as far as it used to. Especially if we want halfway-decent real estate. Although...this does give me an excuse to try out the stock market...>

Kyle's bracelet, wherever it is, breaks. The distortion components in it deconsolidate and rend it apart. If he isn't going to be wearing it, then may as well ensure that no one unauthorized can use it.
Some arguably-lucky magic hobo gets a sad expression. And possibly an injured wrist.

<If we get him his playboy suit, I am sure he will come back. Heck, we could have our own tropical island-room to go with it.>
*Response Requested*
<Not terribly efficient for fighting crime, we'd need some teleportation circles of some kind...doable, Yuri?>

<My point exactly. She could try purchasing some investment properties and leasing them out to gain an income.>
<Or lend me some money and I'll make a fortune on the stock market. I've already increased my net worth by several dollars.>

"Come on, investment is boring, eccentric magical girl manors are fun, just do what you *really* want. I remember when you had confidence."
<No offense, Selina, but...she used to be confident?>

Will should notice a servo-skull hovering above the yard. It seems to be looking at him.
Will notes this but sees no reason to care at the moment.

Keith follows. <Guys, HK-47 is stealing Japanese manga focusing on gay men.>
<Either Kyle is a really weird programmer or HK is...well, we might want to keep an eye on him so it doesn't go Cloudn--Skynet, my bad. It's called Cloudnet in my world's Terminator movies.>

Will sits down somewhere and opens the letter that hit him on the head.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35929 on: January 30, 2014, 03:28:25 pm »

<You may want to mention that he didn't even consult his girlfriends before leaving them there.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35930 on: January 30, 2014, 03:32:44 pm »

"The majority of the group doesn't give me the respect I deserve so I left."
Kyle pulls a prosthetic arm out of the machine.
"Like this! I bet they wouldn't say anything about how great the craftsmanship is or how awesome it is that I'm making arms that work like arms and instal themselves!"

The letter reads as follows:
'Stay away from my stuff and don't touch my garage. Also you're not going to be invited to my sweet new castle.'
And that's all.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35931 on: January 30, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »

<Either Kyle is a really weird programmer or HK is...well, we might want to keep an eye on him so it doesn't go Cloudn--Skynet, my bad. It's called Cloudnet in my world's Terminator movies.>

<HK is a strong AI not a Hollywood AI.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35932 on: January 30, 2014, 03:39:50 pm »

The letter reads as follows:
'Stay away from my stuff and don't touch my garage. Also you're not going to be invited to my sweet new castle.'
And that's all.
"That's rude."

<HK is a strong AI not a Hollywood AI.>
<The distinction breaks down if the AI starts to develop a taste for yaoi.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35933 on: January 30, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »

Lyle acts cute and innocent and stuff because he is (for now, at least).
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35934 on: January 30, 2014, 03:43:03 pm »

If someone were to check HK-47's code they would find that under the preferences string Yaoi was a ten. It should be a one like everything else.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35935 on: January 30, 2014, 03:43:55 pm »

"Yeah, some of them are right arses. My people started building up a small village in the yard, and Will and Aria are like "Bitch, we need the yard for yard stuff, get outta here."
They had the opportunity to give 200 souls freedom and peace in their holy land, and all they had to to for it was tolerate it, but nope. That empty bit of grass is used for nothing other than bitching about what a pain it is to mow. But nope, it's *theirs* so they can't possibly share it with an entire community, that could have lived and prospered there for generations to come. That yard is holy ground, they have no idea how much it means to my people, but nooooope, can't have that, because *but it's miiiine*. One would think humans who have colonized every bit of land they can possibly live in wouldn't be quite so anal about a yard.

But enough ranting. Some of them are nice. I'd certainly miss Sen, Selina, Meme and Esther. Maybe even Neferis..but it's hard to judge people who hide themselves too much to be judged. And I am sure some of them miss you too."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35936 on: January 30, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

>I heard that, you know. Quit calling my mum a bitch. You kinda did decide that "yup, I'm just going to go make a country in my host's backyard, nothing wrong with that". I get why you're angry at Will, but seriously, you made a country in our back garden without asking. We're not going to go "oh, ok, go ahead" considering you blew a hole in our walls the day before!

We're not being anal as much as we're telling you people to stop abusing our hospitality.<

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #35937 on: January 30, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »

Marie is le sigh.

<Also, I'm going to side with Maria on that one.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35938 on: January 30, 2014, 03:51:08 pm »

"Well, besides the balant disregard for building code and Other laws about building on privately owned property I guess I can see what you mean."
Kyle pauses.
"That was sarcasm. Besides lawns aren't good for living on. Anyways, I'm just waiting for the castle that Uncle is building for my eighteenth birthday to be done so we can live there. It's in France. And I'm going to invite everyone. Even Will because I feel like seeming like a dick until the last second. Don't tell Will that I've actually forgave him though. But... yeah. have you tried an alternante place for your people to live?""

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35939 on: January 30, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

<That was Keith, and stop eavesdropping. Aria had the chance to radicaly improve the life of hundreds, just by giving them access to the garden, but she chose not to. But isn't improving lives what being a hero is about? Not just about fighting monsters and alien invasions and that stuff. Aria could have been a hero to a village of 200, but chose not to, because it would have been a slight inconvenience. Yet she houses Jack the Ripper under house, who has taken probably double the amount of people that would have lived in the yard. Excuse me, but that is questionable, at best.>

"That being said, Kyle, is there no safety switch on that arm?"

"As for alternatives, Selina and Sen are helping me purchase a neighbouring plot of land, so I won't have to be a permanent guest anymore. It's definetly better than a castle in France, I don't wanna live so far away from my friends."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:55:40 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 2394 2395 [2396] 2397 2398 ... 4748