Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4204 4205 [4206] 4207 4208 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 2845481 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #63075 on: April 15, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

((Or you know, not even having a name due to an entirely different language system.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63076 on: April 15, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »

((Akroma, do you like, have an entire file with each and every void entity there is?))

Alucard has drawn a complex summoning circle in front of the void gate and proceeds with the summonings.
 "Aphestadil! I summon thee in my time of need!" he shouts, purely for a dramatic effect. Bartimaeus is perched on his shoulder, watching with anticipation.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #63077 on: April 15, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »

((you might want to wait before you go ahead and just summon something you know nothing about. Also for a summon of this level, sacrifices are needed))

Bartimaeus gives Alucard a suggestion....though he shudders when he describes it, and regrets mentioning it as soon as the name slipped his tounge. Aphestadil. The arbiter of Lolgrammoth, the second most powerful entity of that domain. Some argue strongest. The curse that she brings has won more battles, has razed more strongholds and has destroyed more lives than the entire rest of the domain combined. She is an incredibly out of place entity, as she does not represent speed, restlessness or anything of the sort. Aphestadil is the bringer of deadly procrastination. Depending on the severity of the curse, and how well it is placed, she can make you be late to an appointment, or completely make you too lazy to do anything against starvation. It is maybe that contrast alone as to why she is part of this domain, as conflict and arguements, things not fitting together nand finding no harmony is the core of this domain. Not only can she throw you deadly neglect of your activities through sheer apathy, she is the only of the uncreated that can - even if only to a small extend - manipulate time, so strong is her ability to slow things down. Many have summoned her simply as a convenient method to get rid of a rival during important contests. That precise use of her power could bring down entire nations is something most people have not considered. Or if they have, then the influence was so subtle, that nobody could have identified it. Bartimaeus is more than hesistant to involve such an entity in this fight.

"Yes. But it's okay. How is the shield doing?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63078 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

"Yes. But it's okay. How is the shield doing?"

"Don't worry, you can tell me. You are coordinating everything after all. If something is troubling you you should tell someone before it becomes a problem. And the shield is ready, it just needs a test run... Maybe we can try it on Alice to see if that helps her condition?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63079 on: April 15, 2014, 04:27:58 pm »

"Yes, such an entity would bring a great advantage upon us... yet could also bring upon certain doom. The arbiter of Lolgrammoth..." Alucard says, causing Bartimaeus to shudder.
 "Yet we may definitely need her for this great battle. I shall consult the others."

<I am contemplating summoning an extremely powerful entity to assist us in the battle. Aphestadil, the very arbiter of the domain of Lolgrammoth, second strongest entity in the domain. She is the bringer of deadly procrastination, she manipulates others and can even alter the flow of time itself. Such a strong entity could be controlled with the proper sacrifices and by the learned summoner, but can seldom be done without danger. So, I ask of you my allies--should I summon such an entity?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63080 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

"I doubt it will, but give it a try. Alice is in her room, and her bracelet is off, so inform her please."

<Something that could turn around and against us at such a crucial time? I am not sure we should rely on something like that.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63081 on: April 15, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »

"I doubt it will, but give it a try. Alice is in her room, and her bracelet is off, so inform her please."

"Okay... Will you tell me what's bothering you afterwards?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63082 on: April 15, 2014, 04:30:40 pm »

"Doing so will not improve the situation, in fact it might make it worse, so I will refrain for the time being. Sorry Lunette."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63083 on: April 15, 2014, 04:32:07 pm »

"Doing so will not improve the situation, in fact it might make it worse, so I will refrain for the time being. Sorry Lunette."

"I won't tell anyone though. It'll just be a secret between the two of us. Please?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63084 on: April 15, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

"Then I won't summon her."
Alucard goes back to researching entities for one to summon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63085 on: April 15, 2014, 04:33:02 pm »

Meme introduces the two to Angel as Mimi glomps Gurgle!
Angel is introduced!
"Should we invite others?"

<I am contemplating summoning an extremely powerful entity to assist us in the battle. Aphestadil, the very arbiter of the domain of Lolgrammoth, second strongest entity in the domain. She is the bringer of deadly procrastination, she manipulates others and can even alter the flow of time itself. Such a strong entity could be controlled with the proper sacrifices and by the learned summoner, but can seldom be done without danger. So, I ask of you my allies--should I summon such an entity?>
<No. I'll tell you why later.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63086 on: April 15, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »

"After we are through with all this. Before that, I need to be strong."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63087 on: April 15, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »

"After we are through with all this. Before that, I need to be strong."

"Promise?" Lunette says seriously.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63088 on: April 15, 2014, 04:35:59 pm »

"Alright."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63089 on: April 15, 2014, 04:37:07 pm »

"Alright."

Lunette gives ICARUS a big hug, and then runs out of the door to head into Alice's room. Rose looks up as Lunette enters.

"Hello? How are you feeling, Alice?" Lunette asks as she walks over to her bed, ignoring Rose.
Pages: 1 ... 4204 4205 [4206] 4207 4208 ... 4748