Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 2842310 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angst and Shipping in Iristown
« Reply #4965 on: September 04, 2013, 02:49:42 am »

"I assume you have an idea then, Marie?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: September 04, 2013, 04:02:38 am »

Cyrielle slowly closes her eyes. Silently praying. ...Does praying actually do anything or is it just a waste of time? Or is it drowned out by the mass of other prayers you receive?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:53 am »

Cyrielle slowly closes her eyes. Silently praying. ...Does praying actually do anything or is it just a waste of time? Or is it drowned out by the mass of other prayers you receive?

((... I wonder if I should actually have Demons Run 'hear' any prayers directed at God. That would be hilarious. "And you wonder why I'm so pissed all the time with ALL OF YOU BITCHING IN MY EARS.))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: September 04, 2013, 04:19:28 am »

((Oh Shys'm Caes... I wonder what her opinion on standard prayers like the "Our Father" would be if that's the case. I'm assuming it would be like spam mail...))
((Edit: ...spam mail addressed to the wrong gender for that matter.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:23:17 am by Empiricist »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: September 04, 2013, 04:25:06 am »

((Oh Shys'm Caes... I wonder what her opinion on standard prayers like the "Our Father" would be if that's the case. I'm assuming it would be like spam mail...))
((Edit: ...spam mail addressed to the wrong gender for that matter.))

(("Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLES I'M TRYING TO SLEEP."))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: September 04, 2013, 04:28:25 am »

((Well, that ought to be interesting...))
Cyrielle stops praying. I guess the former hypothesis was incorrect... Why do I have the feeling that someone is mentally making obscene gestures towards me? And why do I feel that my father should stop praying in order to do his worship correctly...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:14 am »

((Well, that ought to be interesting...))
Cyrielle stops praying. I guess the former hypothesis was incorrect... Why do I have the feeling that someone is mentally making obscene gestures towards me? And why do I feel that my father should stop praying in order to do his worship correctly...

<... Bitch I'm literally down the hall. The fuck you want?> She is not feeling particularly eloquent today.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: September 04, 2013, 04:34:00 am »

<My apologies, I was merely testing a theory of mine...>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: September 04, 2013, 04:37:40 am »

<My apologies, I was merely testing a theory of mine...>

<Whatever, it's alright. But you're lucky I know your voice, I tune out most of the others... also I swear that some of them just get annoying after a while. Whoever the hell managed to standardize heartfelt requests deserves to be shot. Then burned. Then shot again.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: September 04, 2013, 04:43:16 am »

<I don't think that's the main problem, I think the primary issue is the notion that constant prayer is necessary. And that mass prayer is required on top of constant prayer. And that people should occasionally repeat the same standardized prayer ten times. And repeat that repetition five times with other prefabricated prayers. And repeat that meta-repetition on a semi-regular basis. Though then again, they have the completely wrong idea about what sort of entity you are...>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: September 04, 2013, 04:46:50 am »

<I don't think that's the main problem, I think the primary issue is the notion that constant prayer is necessary. And that mass prayer is required on top of constant prayer. And that people should occasionally repeat the same standardized prayer ten times. And repeat that repetition five times with other prefabricated prayers. And repeat that meta-repetition on a semi-regular basis. Though then again, they have the completely wrong idea about what sort of entity you are...>

<... I'm one goddamn woman, not a fucking bureaucracy. I do not need everything signed in fucking triplicate. A single well thought out and heartfelt request will get a lot more sympathy than a hundred limp-dicked rote memorizations.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:06 am »

<Good point... come to think of it. If you're God... then what is Heaven and what operates it? Nuriel mentioned something about that but I doubt you care about the supposed dichotomy of good and evil to actually create such places...>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:23 am »

<Good point... come to think of it. If you're God... then what is Heaven and what operates it? Nuriel mentioned something about that but I doubt you care about the supposed dichotomy of good and evil to actually create such places...>

<Well... I didn't used to be all... this. I actually threw myself into the whole creation thing for a long time... coping. So the whole... loving parent thing is partly true. Of course... so is the whole thing with the smiting and the plagues and shit. that's more me, no? Anyway, I didn't make Hell. I don't know where it came from, really... if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say Void had something to do with it, but I can't be sure.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: September 04, 2013, 04:59:32 am »

<Void?> Cyrielle's thoughts immediately become less casual and more focused. <What is it exactly? Ashley's abilities came form it and I suspect mine do as well...>

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: September 04, 2013, 05:00:17 am »

<Void?> Cyrielle's thoughts immediately become less casual and more focused. <What is it exactly? Ashley's abilities came form it and I suspect mine do as well...>

<He. Not it. He.

He's my brother. And my husband... And I guess my greatest enemy.>
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 4748