Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Lets Play! UFO:Alien Invasion - Its over, sorry!  (Read 20230 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play! UFO:Alien Invasion - Turn 0 posted.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 11:30:11 am »

Make me a pilot of whichever Interceptor that is available :3
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

(for purpose of rp, consider 'Argentinian' morphed into Italian, mostly because I have no clue if 'Argentinian' have some specific traits easy to identify with)

so...is this the quiet before the hurricane?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 12:04:09 pm »

Will edit that in. Didnt think he name felt "Italian" :P

Currently working on an update.
This is a blank sig.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play! UFO:Alien Invasion - Turn 1 posted.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

22nd March, 2084

Spoiler: Haspen de Jesus (click to show/hide)

Our second interceptor is now combat ready, call-sign “Haspen”.

23rd March, 2084

Midday today we recorded our first contact. A small alien craft heading north east over western Turkey at a fairly modest velocity. “Spaghetti-7” was dispatched to intercept.

Spoiler: First Contact (click to show/hide)

The alien crafts path would take it over the Black Sea at the point of interception. However, shooting them down is a higher priority than forcing them to land. The craft was engaged at 1pm and confirmed shot down by missile fire at 1.15 pm, the wreckage sinking into the Black Sea. “Spaghetti-7” reported that the craft made no effort to take evasive action and did not return fire, which is unusual for any kind of military craft.

27th March, 2084, 4 AM

No new sightings. Dr Branth’s assistant reports that the work on Laser theory is complete – the team have successfully reduced the size of the components of a chemical laser without sacrificing its power output, and have 2 designs they wish to follow up on. One is a base defence turret, and the other is a laser designed to be mounted on our interceptors. We have no space to install a laser turret, so it is not a hard choice to instruct Dr Branth to focus on getting a working laser for our aircraft.

27th March, 2084, 5 PM

... That was fast. Less than 15 hours after being set the task Dr Branth and his team have prepared a schematic for an air to air laser. It is being uploaded to our CAD suites as we speak so our engineers can tool up to produce one for each of our aircraft. If their plans are correct, it will perform better than our current rotary cannon – not as powerful, but far more accurate and able to put out more fire than the cannon before needing “reloading” with a fresh Deuterium Fluoride cylinder. The labs can now turn their focus to the ground based version of this weapon.

27th March, 2084, 5.15 PM

Our second radar contact – the same as the first. A small craft heading NE over the Med. Haspen is dispatched to intercept, again, projected interception point is over the Black Sea. What are they looking for? This too is shot down with no return fire or self preservation on behalf of the craft, and the wreckage is seen to impact near a small house in a coastal village of the Black Sea in Bulgaria. I order the dropship dispatched without delay.

Spoiler: Go go action Haspen... (click to show/hide)

ETA 30 mins...

Spoiler: In Hospital (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fallen... (click to show/hide)

This is a blank sig.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

So I'm not only a difficulty setting now, but also a Jesus now?

Neat :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I want a Mook. Preferably one armed with explosive weapons.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play! UFO:Alien Invasion - Turn 2. More rookies welcome any time.
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

March 27th 2084, 7.50PM
The dropship arrives at the crash site, dropping off our troops under the cover of a 2 metre ridge just short of the crash site, before dusting off and keeping a safe distance. The sun has set and the wooded surroundings are filled with a low gloom, but not enough to require the use of night vision.

2 aliens are visible from where our troops find themselves – one in a room on the lower floor of the house armed with a single handed weapon of some type, and another behind the house further up the ridge also armed with a single handed weapon. They seem not to understand the concept of blending in – those red outfits are easy to spot.

Spoiler: The enemy... (click to show/hide)

The alien in the house is easily dispatched with a headshot from SSG

Spoiler: Sniping (click to show/hide)

With no clear shot on the second alien, the squad takes cover under the shelter of the ridge.

Spoiler: Cover (click to show/hide)

Alerted by the shot that took down their comrade, the alien rushes along the side of the building, followed by a third enemy. They can not see any of our troops behind the ridge who can see them clear as day, so instead turn their attentions to a civilian standing near the house. They gun her down with no remorse, with what appears to be plasma shot from their bulky one handed weapons.

Unluckily for the aliens, this leaves them horribly exposed. Tiruin guns one down with a sustained burst of machine gun fire,  a grenade from Shadenight softens up the second who is finished off by a second grenade from Scriver. Visible enemies dispatched, the squad hunkers back down behind the ridge.

Spoiler: Efficient killing (click to show/hide)

Attracted by the deaths of his fellow alien scum, a fourth blue skinned freak rushes at our lines around the house. He too is totally unaware of the squad lying in wait. Bruce misses twice, thanks to the poor line of sight over the ridge, Scriver wounds it with a burst of rifle fire, and Tiruin finishes the job with some good old HMG fire.

Spoiler: 3 attempts later (click to show/hide)

A quick sweep of the area reveals no further aliens and the wreck of a small craft a short distance away. All in all, 4 dead enemy in just over 90 seconds.

VICTORY!

It turns out that behind all of their technology, the Aliens are basically as vulnerable as we are, if we can engineer our combat opportunities well.

As our storage yard is not yet up and running, I order what is left of the UFO to be sold to the highest bidders, who happen to be United America in this case.

The squad returns to base to rearm, and wait for its next call. That all went too well.

Upon returning to the base, a small haul of alien hand weapons and thier lifeless bodies is deposited in the lab. Once research on the base defense laser is finished, we shall have a choice of researching the aliens plasma pistol, conducting an autopsy on one of the dead aliens, or returning to look at the origin of the alien threat.

Another soldier of note has been added to the roster: Mao “Krevsin” Timofeev, a Siberian explosives expert.

Spoiler: "Krevsin" Timofeev (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: In Hospital (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fallen... (click to show/hide)

This is a blank sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Party in the HQ tonight!
Love, scriver~

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

I'll join this.
I prefer assault rifle as a weapon.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

"I'm a sniper who flings grenades. Sue me, grenadier class right?"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I've played this a bit, it's quite fun!

I'll take a soldier:
EuchreJack, Sniper, pick a soldier with (relatively) high strength (otherwise he won't be able to handle a sidearm, those sniper rifles weigh a lot!) and accuracy, with some skill in sniper rifle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Is it still possible to shift me back into the pilot [transport preferred] position? I just downloaded the game...and I'm really hooked at it's amazement [having only played the original UFO game]

...And there are no female soldiers in that roster. :P))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:20:25 am by Tiruin »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Oh, yes, a grenade launcher... excellent.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I'll join this.
I prefer assault rifle as a weapon.

Added for next update

((Is it still possible to shift me back into the pilot [transport preferred] position? I just downloaded the game...and I'm really hooked at it's amazement [having only played the original UFO game]

...And there are no female soldiers in that roster. :P))

Strangely, none of my starting 8 soldiers were female, sorry! Also, I dont think there are female pilots, but I am more than willing to put another Tiruin back in once this one dies.

I've played this a bit, it's quite fun!

I'll take a soldier:
EuchreJack, Sniper, pick a soldier with (relatively) high strength (otherwise he won't be able to handle a sidearm, those sniper rifles weigh a lot!) and accuracy, with some skill in sniper rifle.

You can have a sniper, but I cant promise one strong enough as a rookie to have a full load out - dont worry, it only takes 2 or 3 missions for that to change.

Oh, yes, a grenade launcher... excellent.

Which is by far and away the best weapon (accurate, deadly, low TU's, versatile, decent ammo capacity and weight) in the early to mid game.
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I would like to bring a six pack of MaxClones and a bunch of boom to the fight if I can, please.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13