Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Ignorant Fortress Part 2: Minefield (Still accepting New Overseers!)  (Read 17362 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Mineforest: A twist in succession fortresses!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 11:50:59 am »

OOC:
If your dwarf has reading skill, you can place notes down, I'll allow it. And I'll write down players who are requesting turns, and its not a 24h limit since some of us have things to do outside of DF, so we get a bit of a break from time to time.

The king's caravan came by and scoffed at the broker apparently for believing also that we can last till year 20. Lucky for them, I was smoothing more stone at the time, or I would've given him a piece of my mind. As for smoothing jobs, we're doing quite well, and when I engrave, it's almost always a masterpiece. Cilob has been asking me about moving my room somewhere else, and I said it was fine as long as I have somewhere to sleep. He told me then he's got several projects that will start to take place now, hopefully meaning we can get some serious work going.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 12:57:51 pm »

Water froze today and snow is starting to litter the ground. I'm currently working on another smoothing job since all the engraving is finally completed. Another round of dumping was ordered, but I once again, ignored it. I also took the liberty of finishing up another order, and I also love the new room I just got handed to me. Cilob claims I may have another job in the future, but he's not 100% certain yet.

Wonderful! I was just on my way to do an outdoor project when a goblin snatcher comes by and stabs me! Now I got a nice bruised muscle! God this hurts... Also, a bear came by and most of our dogs scared it away. I'm not sure if anyone was hurt or not. And more smoothing projects with engravings

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »

Cilob came to me and told me that we're getting a change in management. I asked who it was, and he told me that we now have a mayor and I missed the election. The mayor is named Olon, and he will now be giving me orders... Once I'm done with this huge project Cilob had me start. I really don't know what its for, but I hope the effort is worth it, we're really getting tired simply getting up to this thing.

Also, an artifact figurine of a giant was made today, its pretty good looking. More jobs have been laid out but nothing massive yet. Maybe Cilob didn't have time to figure out what his plans were before the mayor took over? Oh well. Olon came up to me after I pondered this and said in the near future, I will be going back to smoothing duty.

We just finished up our big project, and in the process, I got kicked by a deer... Wonderful...

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

Looks like a good start so far. Just a tip: It keeps it less cluttered if you just keep editing updates into the original "journal of Highmax" post.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 08:40:19 pm »

Good idea, any idea how to delete your own messages? ???

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »

Hmm... I'm not sure if you can. Oh well, it's fine as it is.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:51 pm »

Strange tidings today. We gained a squad of military dwarves and ended up loosing quite a few sheep to a raging black bear. And more orders although these are a lot different then when Cilob was in charge. Now I see him everytime I go to the workshop, he is the mechanic after all. I'm doing more smoothing jobs and there is a few other jobs that require my attention, but nothing too serious. More dumping jobs among those, but this time, I should be able to give a hand. I also hear a lot of cawing when I drop some of this stuff off. Do we have a bird problem? I can't tell. Also, theres a weird smell there as well, but I can't tell what exactly it is... Its not like its horrible, but its weird. Also, an artifact bucket of silver was made, and it has the tale of how the original seven of us came here in the year 6. Its quite beautiful really, once you get over the fact the bucket has spikes.

EDIT:

I also got word that our soldiers are now armed with copper. This is a start, especially since our army is getting armed quickly.

EDIT2:
Something just happened and a large portion of the people are chosen by Olon to run outside to do something. Several are armed but not all. Many look like they've never even seen combat before. Are we under attack? I asked Olon as he passed me by and he told me that if anything happens, I will take over as mayor. Even olon had a sword in hand. I'm terrified about what will happen.

EDIT3:
The people came back in one piece, and everyone put their gear they took and put it away somewhere. I'm simply trying to figure out how to place this wall but something is in the way... And a lot of people are complaining about ravens, although I'm not too sure why...

EDITOMFGWTF!?!?!?:
Olon told us about something we had to go outside to grab, and then I watched as people got slaughtered before my eyes. I was lucky and only took a shot to my ribs and still lived. Although it really hurts, I think he hurt one of my organs... I don't know the casualties, but I'm definatley NOT grabbing the stuff that they told me to grab. I think Olon wants me to start a new order right away. I wonder what we're making.

EDITHOLYHELLWHATISTHAT!?!?!?!:
Horrible purple clouds that smell horrible fill our halls. What on earth is this smell!? Why is it in our outpost? And why does it smell so badly!? And how are the elves perfectly fine from this cloud!? Why is everything horrible happening when I just found a new romance with the manager!? *scribbles in anger and bent pages from throwing the journal across the room are present*
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:31:17 am by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »

((Nother update, I'm probably going to hut it off soon. I've been on this one fortress for a good amount of time and there really isn't much I can do without ruining the !!FUN!! for the next person))

Got told to start another project outside. At least that foul smell is gone, but now I'm hearing howling in our halls. What's going on up here anyway? And I also can't seem to get this damn wall right. I keep finding someone standing on top of the building site. Wait a minute....

Ok, after some rethinking, I changed the way the project looks, but it won't have the issue of people getting in the way (thank armok!) Also, I was told to do a lot more engraving jobs. But nothing really important happened.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 03:38:42 pm »

Another project was made today, right overtop of another. It appears strange though, but I doubt it should be any problem. I was also told to do some smoothing jobs and then come to the mayor's office. I hope I'm not in trouble for those engravings I put up...

Smoothing jobs are done, the project is almost at a standstill, so I decided to go meet with the mayor. I walked in and he instantly took my hand and shook it with a large grin on his face. "Thank you for coming Highmax. We have quite some important business to discuss." I stood overtop Olon's desk and he thanked me for fnishing up on the engraving. I told him it was quick and looked amazing as long as it was me doing so, after all, I'm the best engraver in the whole place. He laughed a little on that. "And that my boy, is why Cilob left me a note telling me you should be ascended to nobility." I was shocked. Me? A simple mason and engraver a Noble? "What did you have in mind sir? Captain of the Guard? Hammerer? Bookeeper?" Olon shook his head and smiled. "No, I left with the outpost liason your recommendation from Cilob that you are to be given the title of Baron. That puts you as high as me, maybe even higher.". Olon laughed heartily again and I stood there shocked. "Baron?" Olon nodded his head. "I hope you can help us bring a new era to the new Barony of Mineforest. Good luck, and don't forget you're still obligated to your old duties, but you have some surprises waiting for you in your room."

I walked down the hall and saw my room and entered. In it was a note and a document containing the liason's permission to make this place a barony and me as the baron. I noticed some new furniture and the note said I had a new office not far from here. I was also told that I now have a tomb in case I die, and that I also am now obligated to almost anything I desire, but I preferred the comfort of my engravings and my masonry. Speaking of which, I have more work to do.

We don't know what happened, but they came out of nowhere. Goblins came and just slaughtered a good portion of our people, along with our animals. We captured many of them, but lost our entire army to them. We were lucky that many were inside when they all arrived, but then people ran outside to wathc the carnage.... And then we were taking heavy losses in our numbers. The snow turned red when we watched as many were cut down.  And so many children died also. Only a few made it to live, but with heavy wounds. We lost at least half of our nobility, mostly our bookkeeper/manager/broker and our chief medical dwarf. Olon and myself are trying to are trying to bring more people into our army, but with little avail: all we had were workers and farmers, not many were trained in military and those who were are now in the hospital, possibly unable to ever recover.

Let it be known that the 21st of Obsidian is that day that we all mourn for the losses of many.

((I was gonna passi t off but then this happens. I have no idea what went wrong, but people got stupid and shit happens. I'm able to retell more because of the baron status (which I will now treat equally as mayor) but I will also maintain some level of discretion still. Regardless of that, most of our dwarves DID die and a lot of our nobles died and almost all of our dogs died, so It's not really breaking many rules.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 07:54:50 pm »

Heres the save, got caught up with some things. Shadowhammer, its all you now:

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 06:35:10 pm »

Ok, I'm back now, and will probably start playing tonight. The first update will be either today or tomorrow, depending on how much I get done.

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »

I suppose ill take a turn maybe I won't crash it in to the ground like a train xX!!FUN!!Xx
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:18 pm »

I suppose ill take a turn maybe I won't crash it in to the ground like a train xX!!FUN!!Xx

Well, whats DF without the !!FUN!!?

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 09:56:32 pm »

Eleven treetop forest ( maybe fort I don't remember look it up) or CoD
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:58 pm »

I haven't got much done, mostly just orienting myself, but i must say, I'm impressed. And a bit confused.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16