Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Ignorant Fortress Part 2: Minefield (Still accepting New Overseers!)  (Read 17364 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Mineforest: A twist in succession fortresses!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 11:25:13 pm »

I haven't got much done, mostly just orienting myself, but i must say, I'm impressed. And a bit confused.

And that is the beauty of the ignorant community of Mineforest 8)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 01:00:14 am »

"Ignorant". That is why I avoid reading your updates, to be so close to that ideal migrant ignorance as possible. After all that's how I attempted Shakecloistered and I still survived it^^. Cannot wait to see how the fort will look like when I get my hands on it^^.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

Hey, Highmax. I think it's time for Apiks to return! Fetch me on the list if you could, please? You can bet your little head that this'll be a success with me around  ;D.

Edit: After poking around in the rules a bit, does this mean that I can dwarf people if they request so?

Edit2: I suppose we are not allowed to post screenshots?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:11:20 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

Hey, Highmax. I think it's time for Apiks to return! Fetch me on the list if you could, please? You can bet your little head that this'll be a success with me around  ;D.

Edit: After poking around in the rules a bit, does this mean that I can dwarf people if they request so?

Edit2: I suppose we are not allowed to post screenshots?

You CAN dwarf people if they want, but anyone who is having a turn cannot until their turn.

And I didn't because I didn't want to. But you can, provided that they show something "important"

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 02:50:11 am »

Yep. No screenshots it is.

Can I do a turn with ABSOLUTELY NO updates on what is going on and just happily along move the safe along? I'm sure to include a few surprises, hehehe.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

The Journal of ShadowHammer
Today was my first day at Mineforest. I was given quite a scare as I walked in the front gate and was greeted by a black bear. However, instead of mauling me, it just licked my hand and walked back to its pen. I saw many of these usually wild animals in cages around the fortress as I was walking through. It is disturbing to think that they might one day forget their training and once again become vicious dwarf eaters.
Not knowing much about the fortress, I decided to follow the main group of other dwarves to see what was happening. To my horror, I discovered that they were piling dead bodies! I immediately ran to the mason’s workshop and demanded that he put whatever he was doing on hold to make some rock coffins for the fallen.
Due to the obviously deadly nature of this fortress, I have immediately set about making a tomb for myself. It shall be an amazing monument, filled with gold and exotic animals to guard me for eternity.
I have been having a difficult time choosing what career I want, whether to be a soldier or a civil worker. Then I decided that as a miner, I could be both!
Today, I heard a thunder of footsteps on the surface. Whatever made the noise must have been giant! The soldiers, mostly they seemed to be marksdwarves, ran to the entrance. There was lots of shouting, but all the soldiers came back unharmed. I exempted myself from this battle, not having had much experience with my pickaxe yet.
I have designated a huge area for mining so that I can get used to my pick. I think that I am already more than adequately skilled with it.
To guard my tomb, I have begun to breed both wolves and leopards. The leopards seemed very well trained, but one of the wolves snapped at me, so it might not be quite tame yet.
I happened to walk by the mechanics workshop today, and I saw a mechanism of stunning quality. It was made of kaolinite, and it gave me an amazing idea. It, together with a bone spear worthy of legend, shall guard my tomb, along with my war leopards and wolves.
Now that I have my death covered, I am now thinking of ways to keep myself alive. I have become quite skilled with my pick, but I cannot fight off an entire siege by myself, and our army is currently sorely lacking. I looked at our fort's gates, and all we can do right now to defend ourselves without fighting is raise a bridge, and sit tight. I have decided to make a long, snaky corridor, mined out by yours truly, and then build ballistae to fire through it. The enemy with have to march through a hail of massive arrows to reach the fortress.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:12:46 pm by ShadowHammer »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 05:17:15 pm »

Yep. No screenshots it is.

Can I do a turn with ABSOLUTELY NO updates on what is going on and just happily along move the safe along? I'm sure to include a few surprises, hehehe.
By all means :P
The Journal of ShadowHammer
Today was my first day at Mineforest. I was given quite a scare as I walked in the front gate and was greeted by a black bear. However, instead of mauling me, it just licked my hand and walked back to its pen. I saw many of these usually wild animals in cages around the fortress as I was walking through. It is disturbing to think that they might one day forget their training and once again become vicious dwarf eaters.
Not knowing much about the fortress, I decided to follow the main group of other dwarves to see what was happening. To my horror, I discovered that they were piling dead bodies! I immediately ran to the mason’s workshop and demanded that he put whatever he was doing on hold to make some rock coffins for the fallen.
Due to the obviously deadly nature of this fortress, I have immediately set about making a tomb for myself. It shall be an amazing monument, filled with gold and exotic animals to guard me for eternity.
I have been having a difficult time choosing what career I want, whether to be a soldier or a civil worker. Then I decided that as a miner, I could be both!
Today, I heard a thunder of footsteps on the surface. Whatever made the noise must have been giant! The soldiers, mostly they seemed to be marksdwarves, ran to the entrance. There was lots of shouting, but all the soldiers came back unharmed. I exempted myself from this battle, not having had much experience with my pickaxe yet.
I have designated a huge area for mining so that I can get used to my pick. I think that I am already more than adequately skilled with it.
To guard my tomb, I have begun to breed both wolves and leopards. The leopards seemed very well trained, but one of the wolves snapped at me, so it might not be quite tame yet.
I happened to walk by the mechanics workshop today, and I saw a mechanism of stunning quality. It was made of kaolinite, and it gave me an amazing idea. It, together with a bone spear worthy of legend, shall guard my tomb, along with my war leopards and wolves.
Now that I have my death covered, I am now thinking of ways to keep myself alive. I have become quite skilled with my pick, but I cannot fight off an entire siege by myself, and our army is currently sorely lacking. I looked at our fort's gates, and all we can do right now to defend ourselves without fighting is raise a bridge, and sit tight. I have decided to make a long, snaky corridor, mined out by yours truly, and then build ballistae to fire through it. The enemy with have to march through a hail of massive arrows to reach the fortress.

Might be a bit much info on there, but hey, SURPRISE! Lotsa wolves and bears! :P

Spirallances_

• Bay Watcher
  • Spirallances an epic failure in dwarven history
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 05:39:18 pm »

Damn it's not grizzly bears not war bears unless the raws have been modded to allow war black bears?
Ah ha.  Spirallances...
                [-_-]~ Text Ninja I like it.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 12:45:29 am »

Damn it's not grizzly bears not war bears unless the raws have been modded to allow war black bears?

No, unfortunately, no war black bears. Or war wolves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »

War bears are full of win!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:53 pm »

The Dwarven caravan came by today, and clearly trading was a success, because I got a new steel mail shirt and leggings. This armor is pretty awkward to wear, but hopefully I will learn how to better use it soon.
The blacksmith came and yelled at me because apparently us miners aren’t producing enough tetrahedrite ore. The production of copper goods had to be put on hold because of our “incompetence”.
Another perfect gem was created! This one is a chrysobel. Perhaps we will end up like Feanor with his three silmarils.
To learn other aspects of combat, now that I know how to wield a pick, I have decided to organize combat training sessions a few times a year. This will help all the miners in the fort to learn how to better defend themselves.
I killed my first goblin today. I was summoned, along with the other soldiers, to the fortress entrance. Two archers and a swordsman had managed to penetrate the outer defenses, and we had to stop them. I was first in to battle, bravely swinging my pick into the swordsman’s head, killing him with one stroke. I then engaged the first archer, rapidly exchanging blows. Then, from behind him, the other greenskin fired, right into my leg. I fell over, but from the ground I still managed to slash my enemy’s heel, crippling him. They were both quickly slain by the rest of my squad. I then drifted in and out of consciousness, barely able to move because of my leg. Now I am resting in my bed, and the fortress is safe.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 01:31:17 am »

Another perfect gem was created! This one is a chrysobel. Perhaps we will end up like Feanor with his three silmarils.

I think I just shed a tear of joy from this... But remember: the silmarils were sought out by Morgoth, and that can't be good for us...  And also, you ready to toss up the save? DFFD doesn't work for me, that's why I used mediafire. You got till sunday to pack it up and toss it to whoevers next... Who I can't remember who it was (sorry!)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2013, 07:01:59 am »

I guess it's me.

And Silmarils? Just a heretical fairy tale. No Elves work stone or gems after all.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2013, 11:52:08 am »

I guess it's me.

And Silmarils? Just a heretical fairy tale. No Elves work stone or gems after all.

Yes, sorry I forgot your name >_<

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 01:56:15 pm »

Don't worry, I am very forgettable. You see? You forgot me already, Muahahahahahhahah!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16