- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49075 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm hello my name is danmanthedog and i might be starting up a succession game for dwarf fortress which will be my first one up so it might be bad or good who knows. so the rules are followed.

1. One turn for each person that must be posted by 2 weeks end in real life but if you finish your turn before two weeks then next person turn start.. (two weeks because I have two jobs to do in real life.)
2. No destroying of the fortress or save will be roll back and you are kicked off of the overseer list.  >:(
3. Mark your levers before turns are done please!!  >:(
4. To be dorf ask the next overseer to dorf you.
5. To join in middle of game send me email and i will try to work you in.  ;)
6. Two day limit to acknowledge your turn or it goes to next person

So those are my rules for the lets play but more rules or changes will be added later. I will post about the zone we will be doing so people can ready up for it. Well thats it so post a message if you want to join okey bye.  :)

I am gonna change the name of this topic to that of the fortress name when it starts up.

Players:
danmanthedog
highmax28
ShadowHammer
blademan9999
Wolfbane
Gnorm
Tevish Szat
Jamcat
Timeless bob
Bokaza
Th4DwArfY1
Sheaim
Dick Givens
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:02:04 pm by danmanthedog »

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarf succesion game
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:52 am »

I would like a turn. Can we play in an evil region by chance?
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarf succesion game
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:45:36 am »

It depends on the old and great world maker gives us. (but no evil ice areas.)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dwarf Fortress Succesion Game (Need players)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:39 pm »

To start the game we need at least 5 players wanting to be overseer. Also if i don't do it can some one stone sense the fortress to show what it looks like it would pretty nice of you to do that.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »

Once I'm finished with my own, which will be by Friday, I'll sign up, just not yet. Good luck with your first succession fort!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:34 pm »

I add poll for the biome so it will be easier to choice

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:22:48 pm »

A succession fort started up by an escaped lunatic? Count me in! I assume that this succession fort is your first forum post DanMan? If so, welcome aboard! If not, then ignore this!
And I am in Highmax's succession fort, so could I have the turn after his? Merci Beaucoup! (for those of you who don't speak Mexican, this means "thank you").
Also, is this a succession rotation fort like chaincraft? (once we reach the bottom of the player list, we cycle back to the top) Or is it regular succession like boatmurdered? (we all play a turn, and once we reach the end of the player list the game is dead) If this is currently undecided, I vote succession rotation.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:50 pm »

A succession fort started up by an escaped lunatic? Count me in! I assume that this succession fort is your first forum post DanMan? If so, welcome aboard! If not, then ignore this!
And I am in Highmax's succession fort, so could I have the turn after his? Merci Beaucoup! (for those of you who don't speak Mexican, this means "thank you").
Also, is this a succession rotation fort like chaincraft? (once we reach the bottom of the player list, we cycle back to the top) Or is it regular succession like boatmurdered? (we all play a turn, and once we reach the end of the player list the game is dead) If this is currently undecided, I vote succession rotation.
I agree, and I was also thinking of doing so for my fortress, but I'll figure it out. And welcome also! :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 09:03:25 pm »

Yeah its my first so yeah it might be bad and about the turn im thinking about doing succession rotation bu there might be problems with coming to me because of the jobs i told you so i will try to make it work and thank you for welcoming me. :D

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:15:10 pm »

For succession rotation, to make it run more smoothly, you could give the next person in line a, say, 2 day time limit in which to acknowledge that it is their turn, and if they don't say anything, then the next person takes it.

EDIT: I assume that turns are one year each? Or are they as long as you can accomplish in two weeks? I would prefer one year (or 2, or 3) because a full two weeks for every turn is a fairly long time. The occasional 2 week turn would be fine, but if every took two weeks, it would be fairly slow paced.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:18:28 pm by ShadowHammer »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:33 am »

it is 1 year per turn but the two weeks is so they can post it or have time for the game if they are busy in real life and that is a good idea for 2 day limit for acknowledge their turns.

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

sounds cool, please sign me up

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »

I don't know many Mexicans who speak French, shadowhammer.

Also, Danman, if you use DFHack v3 and Isoworld v3, you can map the area around the fort too, (even past the embark borders).  It's useful to see what's outside your borders sometimes, story-wise.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »

I'm a novice, could I sign up?
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 05:19:19 pm »

Sure blademan and Wolfbane, and yeah i might do that timeless bob and sorry for not posting i caught a cold. I will start up the game on Thursday or Friday if i can because this cold is making it hard to stand up. Haaa
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:22:16 pm by danmanthedog »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39