- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49073 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #345 on: October 27, 2013, 08:51:13 am »

The save is right its fliermanor v2 on dffd and the embarking save got bugged and it wouldnt save so i had to redo.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 27, 2013, 11:34:30 am »

I found the save file we our supposed to use here it is.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8073

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 27, 2013, 11:38:47 am »

Can I have another go? Hopefully I won't destroy the fortress this time.
I'll be dwarfed as "Blademan9999 the second" of "Blademan9999 the 2nd" if that's too long and if even that is too long "Blademan99992"
Umm Maybe if szat is busy.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2013, 11:41:47 pm »

OK, so I'm gonna do something a little different here - ever wondered how migrants get from one fortress to the other in between embarks?  No?  Well, I guess I'm weird like that, cause I have.  Here's the backstory:

Fliermanor is abandoned, so an expedition is arranged to scout out another location instead.  Seven hardy souls accept the deal and begin their long journey...

I'll be leading a crack team of seven plus anyone else I can rope into coming along, from the capitol city of Kastarcatten to the site of the new embark and back.  The trail they blaze will be the one followed by wave upon wave of new migrants to the (hopefully wildly successful) new fortress.

I'll be posting periodic progress updates to the group along with screen-captures and an annotated world-map showing the path we take and any dangers to be aware of.  As it's a community project, I can rename the seven companions (and anyone else who gets persuaded to join our expedition along the way), as well as use their in-forum suggestions to plan the route ahead.  However, this will probably take quite some time, so I won't be expecting it to be part of the main save game.  Think of it as an "intermission" explaining how migrants know how to find your fortress out in the middle of nowhere.

To make this more fun yet, I'll be posting updates one day at a time, so people can make suggestions for the following day's journey.

Ok, so now the new save doesn't have Fliermanors in it at all, so are we just rewinding history and starting over from year 5? (I thought you wanted to carry on in a new fort in the same history, hence the post above.)  There's still no embark in that save, so I'll just pick a random dwarf civ and head out with my adventure mode team of hopeful migrants in that general direction knowing that SOMEBODY will be founding a fortress there in the next few (in-game hopefully) years.

Fliermanors, here we come!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:14:19 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 28, 2013, 05:56:22 am »

It does not have fliermanor because i wanted some one else to start it up, but if you want me to start the new fort up the sure i can do it.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 28, 2013, 06:36:22 am »

No worries, man - I've already started up a fort in this save called simply "Bom" (Home).  My expedition of seven will start there.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 28, 2013, 08:05:31 am »

No worries, man - I've already started up a fort in this save called simply "Bom" (Home).  My expedition of seven will start there.

STRIKE THE EARTH!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 28, 2013, 07:25:29 pm »

Doh!  I just tried to embark my seven to the Mountainhome for my fort's civ: the Busts of Arching (Mirrorhumor) to the south.  After retiring the fortress and finding five of the seven I'd turned into adventurers, I set off.  Shortly, we were in the center of the wilderness with no other dwarves in sight, and also right smack dab in the middle of the place the quest map says is the Mountainhome.

I'd forgotten that all sites except for the human ones were placeholders in vanilla unless the race files were changed to make everyone build towns and cities.  So, in order for dwarven civs to make any sense at all, Fortress embarks named the same as the Groups and hamlet/village/city named in Legends will have to be built and retired before-hand.

(That, or someone could change the racial raws for the dwarves, elves, gobs and 'bolds so that they all built cities, roads, bridges, towers and tombs then redo worldgen using the same seeds as before.)

Anyway, until that happens, I'd just have a basic repetition of "still in the wild, doh! Sudden goblin ambush!"
>
So here's the save file. You've got two choices for reclaim:
a) Bom (Home) - retired with ~70 dwarves strutting around.  You'll have to deal with them getting in your way, but everything's been built.
b) HumorMirrors - retired with ~12 dwarves.  There's not much here, but it's the capitol of that civ, so think of it as a "fixer upper".

Neither of these are on the glacier to the north.  Our civ's dwarves haven't blazed that trail yet.  They're still down in the southeast.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:37:25 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 28, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »

I wish to be a dwarf!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:52:38 pm by W0lfBane »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

Who wants to do the reclaim of bob's save?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 28, 2013, 08:39:42 pm »

I wish to be a dwarf!

Who doesn't?  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »

I wish to be a dwarf!

Who doesn't?  :P
I want to be a Norseman, but dwarf works good enough for me

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 28, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »

Norseman? Bah! If I could have been born anywhere, I would like it to be in Tolkien's world. Post Sauron, obviously. A place where natural beauty has protectors, where magic is rife and wonders abound? Of course, the one thing I would keep would be my by-now-ingrained-by-bay12 hatred for elves. May they die forever!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 28, 2013, 11:45:54 pm »

Norseman? Bah! If I could have been born anywhere, I would like it to be in Tolkien's world. Post Sauron, obviously. A place where natural beauty has protectors, where magic is rife and wonders abound? Of course, the one thing I would keep would be my by-now-ingrained-by-bay12 hatred for elves. May they die forever!
I think you'd prefer pre-war of the ring... Sauron is "dead" and Orcs and Nazgul keep to themselves in mordor, and elves and dwarves are duking it out as thjey did since the first age (silmarillion)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2013, 06:58:42 am »

Makes me want to set up another community game using the large "Middle Earth" map.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39