- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49086 times)

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.
« Reply #405 on: November 24, 2013, 07:04:39 am »

i have to fix turn list but Bokaza the Th3dwarfy and then who ever has free time and here the save.

K, I'll start soon and have it done by friday.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2013, 01:51:20 am »

Dorf me please, male.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2013, 03:59:01 am »

I wanna be dorfed, too!
I'm not picky, any dorf can do.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 25, 2013, 06:31:03 am »

I wanna be dorfed, too!
I'm not picky, any dorf can do.

K, I'll pick one on a death row. You'll die a hero in the name of the Dorf State.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:05 pm »

Oh yeah, redorf me. Hammer dwarf, preferably, but failing that anything military will do. Put me in a squad with highmax so I can watch my betrayer....

Also, name me Th4DwArfY2   :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »

Dorfed.

Journal of Bokaza:
It's been some time since we came to this damned wasteland and things have been going from bad to worse. We are running low on food and booze, we've already lost one of our bravest dwarfs and our wood supplies are zero. Because of the bad leadership of our previous overseer, I've been appointed the new overseer. Well... and because I threatened the overseer I would smash his face with a pick while he's sleeping if he doesn't name me his successor. His loss for not naming his sheriff while he had a chance. Good luck trying to report me now, chub.

Nonetheless, this position is not one of comfort, but of duty. There is work to be done in the name of survival. Because of the large influx of immigrants a parts of the fortress must be expanded as well as refurnished. Also, we must find the caves and fast. We need food water and wood. Let's get back to work.

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 25, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »

I too would appreciate being dwarfed. Preferably as an animal trainer or whatevs. or a wolf dwarf me as a wolf.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:19 pm »

or a wolf dwarf me as a wolf.

I congratulate you for your complete lack of coherency. That is a rare talent these days, W0lf. You should be proud.  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:55 am »

I too would appreciate being dwarfed. Preferably as an animal trainer or whatevs. or a wolf dwarf me as a wolf.

Sadly, I haven't seen a wolf so far, could be that we already exterminated them or because I open the caverns so a lot of other crap comes out.

Journal of Bokaza, entry 2:
The refurnishing of the fortress was well on the way when one of the children started screaming nonsense about wood and bones. I immediately started digging for the caves before demons take this poor child's soul. It didn't take long before the cavern was breached and mushrooms cut, so we were able to get wood  in time. The result was The Empire of Magicians, a tower cap figurine of a some spider... stupid demons.  Too bad he'll still be a useless peasant in a year or so. It's military for him, for making me rush my plans.

Now that we had opened the caverns, I ordered mass deshroomstation. We need food and wood ASAP. Everyone caught slacking will be consripted. With wood supplies back up I ordered a dormatory to be excavated and more beds made. They are complaining about noise too much and I'm worried about mental health of the guards. I've put them off duty for the time being. Last thing we need is for our commander to go mental.

I've never been so happy to see elves in my entire life... they brought tons off food, booze and animals. We might survive yet, even with all the new immigrants.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:59:33 am by Bokaza »

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »

or a wolf dwarf me as a wolf.

I congratulate you for your complete lack of coherency. That is a rare talent these days, W0lf. You should be proud.  :)
I must profess, your comment filled me with an overabundance of mirth! Cheers mate.
Now back to your regularly scheduled incoherency!
Or you could god me, except if i dog wont live long and die a god.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »

Journal of Bokaza, entry 3:
It's Autumn now, but I guess I can't really tell since we live on a sodding iceberg. We've had a one dwarf killed by a blizzardman before the lazy guard could get to them, few kobold thieves (one killed by a guard), goblin thieves (one killed, caught aka. soon to die and rest escaped). The caverns have proven to be far less dangerous then I feared. I've set up a walled area around the entrance to the caverns for grazing animals along with some cage traps.

Also, WE HAD A GIANT CAVE SPIDER. Thankfully I wouldn't have even noticed it if I haven't seen a dwarf drag its giant corpse to the butchery. It seems a cow and a cougar we bought from the elves (I'm beginning to like those tree hugging assholes more and more) killed it, with the cow giving the killing blow to the head (who would have guessed).

We had a complaint from the human caravan about the trap filled bridge and "not being safe to trade here". How they knew about the traps is beyond me, but most of the caravan, along with all the wagons, decided to bypass us until we make a "safer" zone for them to trade in. Luckily, the ones who did stay had ample food and wood supplies. Their armor was shit though, not even worth melting.

This, along with the mass deshroostation, has left us with a lot of wood and food. Therefor, along with other trivialities, I've ordered a wooden "training chamber" for the military and a gold furniture home and tomb made for me.

Ohh, and the lever to the cavern drawbridge is on the first level and is made of olivine... must not forget that.

P.S. I've ordered ALL brewable plants to be OFF cooking menu and set all redundant, surface seeds to be placed ON the menu instead. Hopefully other overseers will keep this practice up at least until we get a stable plant supply.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:00:39 pm by Bokaza »

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 27, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »

I have a question:

Is it alright here to exploit the caravans by deconstructing the TD?

It drops the entire caravan's payload onto the ground to be gathered with no repercussions...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 27, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

I vote it's not OK. You wanna steal from a nation, you pay for the consequences. Imagine stealing Yorkshire puddings from Yorkshire. You wouldn't survive that, now would you? So don't think you can steal cloth from elves.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 28, 2013, 03:26:14 pm »

I was just curious. My friend knew not how to trade, and stole all he needed from the caravans by dumping the items in there.

Is this reported as a bug anywhere? I'm pretty sure things like this shouldn't be possible.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 28, 2013, 03:27:22 pm »

Journal of Bokaza, final entry:
The last 2 seasons went by so fast I didn't even have time to finish my gold encrusted residence. With the last caravan this year we were able to get large amounts of booze, wood and food, leaving us at a huge difference from the last year, even though the wagons decided to bypass us (again). That shouldn't be a problem with the new trade depot I've set up. Sadly, the deshroomstation project has been put to a halt until further notice because a VERY old friend decided to stop by:

All grazer animals were slaughtered to save them from starving. That thing is not my problem problem anymore and someone else will have to get new grazing grounds.

The caravan was also finally able to nail that annoying blight thrall I neglected to mention. It was docile and frightful but kept trying to enter our fort, causing panic and disrupting work outside. Even though they didn't manage to kill that ugly thing, our brave guard redeemed themselves by killing a giantess who was, undoubtedly, drawn by our legendary wealth of bonecrafts. A disgruntled peasant was the one to land a killing blow. He's also, without question, the unhappiest dwarf in the fortress. He got a room of his own for his valiant deed.

Aside from my room I was also unable to finish the training room in time. I hope who ever succeeds me will know how to finish it and what to do with it. It, along with a now legendary armorer, who proved his skill by making a freaky-looking right copper gauntlet (but lacked the skill to make the left one), should be enough to beat that beast that is now lurking the caverns.

I wish you good luck and lot of *FUN*:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fttqo7any29a889/Fliermanor.rar
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39