- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49350 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »

szat, heres your memorial slab:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

"He shall be missed. A great dwarf severing his fortress. Saving us from the zombie siege. He shall be missed, and let us lower our ales to the ground to respect this once and great dwarf."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2013, 07:31:09 pm »

"He shall be missed. A great dwarf severing his fortress. Saving us from the zombie siege. He shall be missed, and let us lower our ales to the ground to respect this once and great dwarf."

<insert Scandinavian mourning music here>

I actually had this epic song playing as I was managing the siege. Its not on youtube, so I can't link it, but the song is called Under Siege by Amon Amarth. Its a good song if you're into Viking metal. No more updates for tonight though, my mom is kinda making me help my sister with EVERYTHING on her first day of school :-\
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:32:56 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »

<insert Scandinavian mourning music here>

I actually had this epic song playing as I was managing the siege. Its not on youtube, so I can't link it, but the song is called Under Siege by Amon Amarth. Its a good song if you're into Viking metal. No more updates for tonight though, my mom is kinda making me help my sister with EVERYTHING on her first day of school :-\
Its fine.

CameraNerd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »

Looks like our army of three now has a time to shine. They chased the necromancer across the fields and up the hills. The maceman, unhappy and angry, charged with full force, smacking the human in the head. To his dismay, it was not fatal, and the necromancer fled for his life. The maceman continued his onslaught where he was joined by his two allies. The swordman slashed away at the necromancer's legs and upper body, and then his head, cutting a large gash into his head. The maceman, fueled with anger and rage, swung his mace down and the necromancer knew no more. On the bright side of this, the maceman wasn't unhappy anymore.

Did my dorf get a confirmed kill!? 

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2013, 09:17:15 am »

Looks like our army of three now has a time to shine. They chased the necromancer across the fields and up the hills. The maceman, unhappy and angry, charged with full force, smacking the human in the head. To his dismay, it was not fatal, and the necromancer fled for his life. The maceman continued his onslaught where he was joined by his two allies. The swordman slashed away at the necromancer's legs and upper body, and then his head, cutting a large gash into his head. The maceman, fueled with anger and rage, swung his mace down and the necromancer knew no more. On the bright side of this, the maceman wasn't unhappy anymore.

Did my dorf get a confirmed kill!?

You were the angry macedwarf, you killed the necro >_>

Also, you died after breaking apart two/three corpses
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:24:09 am by highmax28 »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2013, 08:21:57 pm »

So highmax what month are you at so far and did you figure out pump thing?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »

So highmax what month are you at so far and did you figure out pump thing?
((im still trying it out, I got a room that it would work well in (the saferoom I had ideas for). As for month, it just hit autumn, so limestone))
7th of Limestone: Progress
I just finished the plans for a well under the saferoom. It should be safe if all goes well. Now we just need food stores down there and we can be set once I have the mechanics build us a floodgate to seal it off from the inside. I've also finally dug out the new stockpile rooms for wood and etc. Hopefully, we can get our work done faster. As for our food problem, we're running low on booze, but we just finished making more crops, so we should have no problem with hunger and thirst in the near future. Maybe we can actually stop calling this an outpost and one day call it a home. Digging out the pumps that will be bringing us water will be long and hard work, but thankfully, the water source is right near me, so I can grab water at any time.

19th of Limestone, 127: Migrants and More Progress (and some problems)
We were told more people were coming to the outpost today. Hopefully, we can get some real soldiers now. The digging is going well, and our coffin production is finally moving. We do have one problem though. Remember that herbalist who said she wanted to fight? Well...

This is an extreme problem...

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2013, 03:38:02 pm »

Ohh ghost time. I wonder if there are dwarf ghost busters?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »

There is the option of having a squad choose a ghost to "kill" from the list of enemies.  Might be an interesting way to train your military.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »

There is the option of having a squad choose a ghost to "kill" from the list of enemies.  Might be an interesting way to train your military.

Apparently, in a sucession fortress I watched or took part in (can't remember which) there was a ghost that was on the list of deceased somehow. No one knows how the hell they killed the ghost, but they knew it was messed up...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2013, 05:51:41 pm »

23rd of Limestone, 127: My own problems
Well, the pump stack plan is working well so far, but unfortunately, that ghost is following ME of all people to haunt. I'm sorry I let you run to your death! I'm so sorry! Please stop haunting me... I need sleep... The bookkeeper also threw tantrums today, yelling at me about something wrong with the numbers. Then a child threw a tantrum. And then as I'm digging to ignore it all, I found some silver near the pump area. I dug around and found emeralds. Now if only we could get some iron...

2nd of Sandstone, 127: Madmanthedog?
Our expedition leader had a strange look in his eye as he passed all those he knew. He grabbed a craftsdwarf shop and started grabbing odd things. Stone, leather and lead were what we saw him take, and then he started making something. What, I don't know... We also started creating a smelter for our silver gear that I will be ordering into standard issue from now on. Then, danthemandog came out and handed me the weirdest thing ever:

The name was strange and what was stranger was what was on the object:

I told him congratulations and put it away so it wouldn't be stolen. We also had a burial today for the two warriors cameranerd and szat. Some wept, others sat in silence. Me, I drunk told a speech that apparently no one could remember... Not even me, but it must've been a really horrible one since one of their relatives came and hit me the next morning. More burials will be done soon hopefully; we got lots of bodies to account for.

20th of Sandstone, 127: Loot? What loot?
I was told today that the human caravan DID indeed leave us some goods, but we never found out because it was forbidden and hidden amongst the trade depot. I told the people to grab everything we can; the humans didn't grab it on their way out, so I don't think they would be missing it if we just took it all. Oh, the digging for the pump stack is nearly done, however, we just need to channel out some of the spots and we're all set. Then comes the hard part: figuring out what goes where with the pump mechanics

((I really have no idea how to make them. Pipes and screw trap? What is this?))

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »

"they haunt me in me sleep, they wont leave me alone. Why why!!!! Why must i build you a toy boat it makes no sense!? What you mean you dont need sense, but that would make you... okay i shall make you a boat my lord."
Yeah i have no idea how to do pump crap, because i never found magma in my whole time playing Df.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »

I tried to do a fort in a haunted area did not go to well. It start raining filth which caused everybody to have blisters on every part of their body, then they fainted from the pain. which then the start to die off with in the first 5 minutes!!.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:04 pm »

Screw Pumps take a Pipe Section, Corkscrew, and Block IIRC.  Since you're pumping water, they can be made out of wood 100% of the way, or you can make the blocks out of stone (you can also make 'em out of glass or metal, but that would probably be a little extravagant)
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39