- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49455 times)

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.
« Reply #525 on: February 13, 2014, 04:07:30 pm »

I noticed there was no Bokaza currently in the fortress. Did I die or did you just forget to dorf me? Whatever the case I took the manager and dubbed him "Chief manager and logistics overseer" of Fliermanor.

Fliermanor will prosper or die trying!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:43:24 pm by Bokaza »
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 13, 2014, 05:42:31 pm »

Journal of Bokaza, the Manager of Fleirmanor:

While I was studying in the montainhomes, they always told me that it's not the warriors, farmers or craftsman that keep a fortress alive, it's the administrators. As such, their job was the highest responsibility and honor. They were lying. Low to zero pay. Small office. People shub papers and tablets onto your desk whole day and yell at you why bolts, socks or mittens haven't been made yet. But the worst of all is the feeling of pointlessness when you stamp a paper knowing it will never get done.

Junk was everywhere, refuse piles were overflowing and the fortress was in disrepair. Furthermore, at mere 15 our Military was dangerously understaffed and unequipped, even with the fabled adamantite.

But when the bookkeeper started to complain about the food and booze stocks going down I went to the Baron Th4DwArfY3, The Beastslayer. Of course, he didn't give a rat's ass about the food stocks and threatened to have me imprisoned for ignoring his orders. I told him that no one was doing any work in the fortress as the chain of command was in the chaos.

After some argument he named me overseer of the Fleirmanor and told me to finish his tomb and palace. Finally, us birocrats, the good guys, will get some respect. Immediately, I ordered a new administrative district to be dug up in the palace level. The restoration of Fleirmanor could begin with a new government tool in place.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:33:35 pm by Bokaza »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

Hmm i don't remember what happened to you if you want i could look in legends and see what what happened.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:36 am »

Hmm i don't remember what happened to you if you want i could look in legends and see what what happened.

Nahh, I'll make a memorial hall with slabs of all the named characters. It should suffice.

Spring report:

I've started the process of cleaning and refurnishing the fortress. All of the items must be reclaimed from the outside before the blight storms come. Also, the trash grinder was put into action as old clothes, elf junk and useless organic material(goblin corpses) have been put into it.

This was ordered as a sickness started to spread across the fortress. Blisters on the feet and hands, even our precious Baron was infected. This is exactly why I ordered all of the goblin clothes to be washed and put into usage. Ofc, they forgot the washing part. One of my advisers claimed it was unnatural and caused by the forgotten beast blood around the fortress. Nonsense, lack of hygiene is what caused it and I've ordered a makeshift bath to be constructed on the lowest cavern level.

The first migrant wave brought with it a less, who claimed to be one of the Highmax clan. She asked to be placed as the captain of the guard. There seems to be some kind of a idiotic blood feud between their and Th4DwArfY clan and since one of the latter is our Baron, I rejected. Last thing I want is to be proclaimed a traitor. After that she insisted that I give her her cousin's sword and place her into the military because she wanted to cleanse it from evil. The Meteor is cursed, everyone knows that. I agreed and just wished her good luck.

I ordered the lowest level of the caverns to be degroved, since we needed the materials and the food. One of the cutters was cutting too close to the lava vent and caused a grove fire. As far as we know, she, her baby and her pet were burned to a crisp.

I got some ideas on how to reform the military from the commander. Beginning in late summer, most of the fortress dwarfs will be put into the training as militia with monthly shifts. People will complain, but it is necessary. Scouts report that the first level of the caverns is overflowing with forgotten beasts, which have decimated the native wildlife. If they were ever to get into the fortress, we will need every hand to stem the freakish tide.

Booze still getting dangerously low.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:35:15 am by Bokaza »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:06 am »

I'm the Baron?  :o

Well, that's a fort which is going straight to the circus!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 14, 2014, 06:32:38 am »

Well, since I don't know how deadly this beast blood is, we might be back to a city status in no-time. Worst case scenario; Tantrum spiral followed by a reclaim or restart.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2014, 09:53:25 am »

Well, since I don't know how deadly this beast blood is, we might be back to a city status in no-time. Worst case scenario; Tantrum spiral followed by a reclaim or restart.
Hmm if its the crap from outside then all it does is make blisters and make you barf a lot just be careful not to cover some one in it. Also I thought I made floors covering of it outside i must have missed some.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2014, 05:43:20 am »

It seems I've overestimated the amount of free time I have. When I'm not studying for my Math exam i write Skyrim fan fiction like a dwarf on fey mood. I'll get my turn done, but I ask for a normal turn, instead of a few day one as I said :/

P.S. Something just popped up concerning my exam. Don't expect an update until at least Monday.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:12:57 am by Bokaza »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 15, 2014, 07:00:13 am »

It's fine dude and good luck.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »

Report of Bokaza, Chief manager and logistics overseer:

Trade report: Malachite is nearing it's end and I'm happy to say that it went alright. But however bad it might sound the fact remains that the elven caravan saved us from soberness by bringing ample supply of booze and plants. We traded large quantities of old clothing and told them they were new. Most of it was covered in goblin and dwarf blood, but they were none the wiser. Maybe whatever infected our dwarfs will be on those clothes and will doom their pitiful kingdom.

Military report: A forest titan decided to come and visit, but was quickly obliterated by our squad. The military reforms are going well, but only now does the crippling lack of equipment become clear. We lack weapons and armor. This will be fixed when bronze and steel production kicks in after the lava forges are expanded. Because of low efficiency I advise lava be pumped up to a higher level, but weapon production is a priority. We have no iron for pipes. Also, two new beasts have joined the freak show on the first cavern level. So far no goblins this year.

Industry and construction: The office level construction has come to a full stop as we lack silver due to reasons explained above. Also, Th4DwArfY mausoleum has been put into construction, with tombs for all family members. Surface fort has been upgraded and new drawbridge added (levers are on the second level, near the stairs). Plump helmet man almost murdered a baby.

Other: Some nameless dwarf has created a adamantite low boot, whose name I'm not going to even try and repeat, with an image of a dwarf murdering a dwarf with a copper dagger. The price of the artifact has been estimated over 700000 db. He has been named the Forgemaster for his services and mastery, and shall present the metalworking branch of the new government.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2014, 02:46:10 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates people. I did play but I didn't feel like writing updates so I wanted to give it in one short burst. Now, I'm not sure what to do.

I was in late autumn. After fending off a small goblin siege with troops and traps(Minimal casulties) the fort was pretty much back to full function. Everything was normal until a dwarven caravan arrived along with a murkish mist (or what-the-fucking-ever it's called). I opened the lower gate and quickly ordered everyone to the main barrow to get away from the storm. Too late did I notice that two of our guards decided to take a stroll outside. They completely ignored my order to get back inside and instead become fully armored and armed murk thralls.

One of them, Blademan10000, didn't waste time and went directly through the back door and into the fort. Our entire military couldn't take him down, so when every last one of them was a mangled corpse he started to run around and cut down everything that moves. The other one took care of the entire caravan himself.

So I ask you. What now? Should I try to solve this disaster and continue playing or just let someone else get the older save and continue.

<----- another one to my score
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:50:27 pm by Bokaza »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2014, 03:00:20 pm »

Hey, did I give up when Highmax mauled everything and only one survived? NO! We are Dwarves. We never say die! Not unless it involves magma, of course. Does yours have magma? NO! So get on with it!

All jokes aside, yes. Continue. I suggest locking him in a room.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »

Yes lock him in a room and drop food for him in the form of gobbos.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2014, 02:31:13 pm »

My people have a saying: "A picture is worth a thousand words." So, here you go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the shortened kill list, meaning this is only after someone managed to cut his other arm. Then he used his shield to continue killing reaching an accomplished misc item user and +5 legendary fighter. It's all in dwarf therapist. He is now trapped in one of the rooms on the lower levels. The other one is in the depot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:46:14 pm by Bokaza »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2014, 02:37:22 pm »

Holy Moley! Is that the thrall's shield? Good God! It's done more damage than Highmax!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39