Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What is your favourite RAW edit?  (Read 5012 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favourite RAW edit?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »

I allow beds and bins to be made of stone.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 12:23:55 am »

I wish you could mod elves so that they spontaneously combust when they come in contact with wood and wood-related goods.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »

I make dragons fly and playable.

Do you add wings, or do they just fart their way through the skies?

I gave mountain and dark gnomes an upgrade so they're between kobold and dwarf in size, live in their own cave-dwelling entities and in the case of dark gnomes, kidnap children and besiege your fortresses. With knives and blowguns.

Would you mind/do you have this shared somewhere? I might want to use this. Maybe restrict them to jungles or swamps or something. I hope they do ambushes too.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 02:38:49 pm »

Modest mod + Seasonal Crops.
Raised growdur of all underground plants to 3 seasons and make these growable whole year.
Decrease crossbow's/bow's shoot power and max velocity to around 400.
I nerfed whips and other super weapons.
Powered a bit 2h hammer, because I heard this is a too weak.

I would give dragons wings and flying ability. Somebody have a raw?
I think about giving to sponges a lower body and upper body.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04:34 pm »

(The idea of a fart propelled dragon amuses me though, give them a gas bladder in their lower body that they need to fly.  Bonus points if instead of breathing fire they use that to produce a cloud of nausea inducing gas "breath")

See Errol, of Discworld fame.

Come to think of it, modding in swamp dragons would be hilarious. Small dragon-like creatures whose internal chemistry (which enables their fire breathing) is so volatile that when they get indigestion or are disturbed in some way they violently explode. Think of all the fun that could be had!

Swamp dragons would indeed be awesome! (Maybe not Errol though, or as a tiny cast). Is it possible to have jets of fire instead of fireballs (which would fit swamp dragons pretty well too) or wider cones? I think the "realistic" way to handle the self-explosion would be that either if a special "gas bladder"/"fire stomach" organ got pierced/fractured, they'd blow up, or also some chance if sufficient pain is experienced. If those are possible. I presume explosions of some sort are possible, since Masterwork has mines.

My favorite is the multiple leather from animals, but scaling with animal size (skin as glob, X pieces of skin per leather).
Also done a bunch of other stuff, including a couple of native 2h weapons, stone picks/axes, stone weapons out of any stone (but non-obsidian is really any good for tools/blunt), 3-season crops plantable in any seasons, some CHILD tags eg. dragons and GCS, feathers as PEARL, healing cartilage and bones. OH! And honeycomb- and rock nut paste pressing + wax crafts are AUTOMATIC: never worry about queueing those jobs again!

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »

My favorite change was also my first. I gave my dorfs the ability to breath fire.
Without being fire proof.
It was funny....
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 07:38:33 pm »

I wish you could mod elves so that they spontaneously combust when they come in contact with wood and wood-related goods.
I don't think that's possible, but you could make it so wood hits them and them only with 1000x force.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:49 pm »

[ETHIC_BAT_PUNISH: MORE_SEVERE]

I am so sorry.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
See my vest. It's a real gorilla chest!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 07:11:43 pm »

I removed leather from a lot of animals that really shouldn't provide leather, like chickens, and gave leather to a few scaly animals, like alligators. Other animals--zebras, tigers, beavers, and so on-- I gave "pelts", which is basically the same thing but sounds cooler.

I also altered animals so they don't have a single value-modifier for all tissues and products. So now elephant ivory is valuable, but a barrel full of elephant blood is worth the same as any other blood barrel. Meat value is based on what tastes good, not how endangered the animal is.

It doesn't change much balancewise; it's more of a quality of life mod.  Before my dwarves dressed like Mr. Burns from the 101 greyhounds episode of the Simpsons, where he has a suit made out gorillas and Irish setters.  That always annoyed me.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:49 pm »

I put all the animal people into a cave-dwelling civ (slightly odd behaviour sometimes, but less odd than naked people scampering about).  I also usually add ice-dragons and give collossi random materials. 
where is up?
Pages: 1 2 [3]