Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: changing raws causes loyalty cascade?  (Read 697 times)

poohlives

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
changing raws causes loyalty cascade?
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:24:42 am »

First post, so hello everybody! So I`m playing a save from certain adventure succession game for some interesting places to visit and all... And that save have dwarves, gobs and elves modded to build towns. After playing for a while I decided to mod humans [at_peace_with_wildlife] like it is suggested in the wiki to stop my companions from runing away like every time I leave quick travel. So I just copypasted this string somewhere in the raw\objects\entity_default.txt entry for humans and dwarves to boot. And after this every human town has humans ang goblins fighting each other and themselves. And I can still talk to anybody, all of them are friendly to me. So, is this happening because of my editing of raws? Do I have to put this tag in some certain place of entity_default.txt? If i retire and unretire my adventurer, will this stop?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:51:33 am by poohlives »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: changing raws causes loyalty cascade?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:05:08 am »

Shouldn't it be in creature raws (creature_standard.txt), not in entity raws?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

poohlives

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:37 am »

The problem is gone somehow. I savescummed, then edited entity_default.txt so [at_peace_with_wildlife] token is in the same place for every race as it is for elves (before [EQUIPMENT_IMPROVEMENTS]), then loaded and everything is ok. Human towns are calm now, and my two human companions stood and yawned as I slew and butchered a great horned owl. Seems like wiki is right and this token goes to entity_default.txt after all.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:09:53 am by poohlives »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 04:06:27 pm »

For future reference, when you have problems caused as a result of modifying the raws, you should ask at the Modding subsection of the forums. Most of the people with the knowledge to help you usually hang around there. :)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

poohlives

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:02 am »

Ok, thanks. Have no idea why I didn`t =)