Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: them damn wizards and warlocks  (Read 1687 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
them damn wizards and warlocks
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:16:46 pm »

bastards keep attacking me, but i recently captured a few.  with most prisoners i get, i'll chain them up and either keep them for show or execute them.  wizards, however, can attack without being near their target, and they can't be stripped of their magic.  what should I do with them?

on an unrelated note, how do i remove the decay aura that the wizards put on my guy?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:59:42 pm by CaptainLambcake »
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: them damn wizards and warlocks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

Obviously cage them up and use them with the awesome catapult revamp DF hack provides. Next time those orcs/nototherwarlocks come, aim a bit away when launching them so they have time to start casting.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 06:23:15 pm »

i LOVE your idea, the problem is, all invaders seem to be friendly with one-another.  the undead sieged me, and didn't mind the goblins one bit.  i'm worried the warlocks will be in cahoots with the orcs and they'll join forces to attack me.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »

It worked a treat for Silentdeth on goblins and orcs in his 3c LP on you tube.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »

i'll try, hopefully they do kill each other

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:31 pm »

What sort of undead was that siege? I thought most undead are opposed to all living creatures.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:24:27 am »

discord, there were 2 types of undead.  undead marked as "undead" and undead marked as "invaders" I assume it's a bug, the invaders never attacked the gobbos/orcs/warlocks, and the undead died upon entering the map.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 10:00:02 am »

was it a good biome?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »

no sir, average dry broadleaf jungle

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 04:58:35 pm »

I get mowed down by undead seiges in most of my fortresses.  Last game, I played in a joyous wilds embark and got met with about 50 undead in a seige. 

Good biomes and other hostiles on the map are totally ignored by them.  It's especially !!FUN!! when nearly a quarter of them are undead witches/warlocks. lol

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 04:59:27 pm »

why do the undead ignore others except friendlies?  i assume bug?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 05:00:36 pm »

No idea.

and the undead died upon entering the map.
That sounds weird as well ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 05:47:08 pm »

the main problem with undead dying upon enterance is so many dwarf bodies to put into coffins

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 08:34:08 pm »

warlocks and orcs would not fight eachother in my little arena i built.  all invaders are friendly with one-another?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 06:39:47 am »

and the undead died upon entering the map.
That sounds weird as well ^^

Isnt that only for good biomes?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...
Pages: [1] 2