Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun(ny) with Object Testing Arena Mode.  (Read 3007 times)

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fun(ny) with Object Testing Arena Mode.
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:56 am »

Hello i've recently gotten Dwarf Fortress and been playing around in arena mode to get a handle on various things and i found some amusing things like.

Vampire or some other things that boosts stats Minotaur with the highest skills obtainable in arena wielding a Giant Sperm Whale corpse as a weapon tends to send most smaller things flying with cats and dwarfs and elf's frequently being sent at least 5-6 tiles away which is most fun and amusing will probably try it with a Bronze Colossus next to see if i can get more air time on the poor saps.

it makes you hilariously slow but you hit so damn hard you will more than likely break the bones of any limbs you strike and is almost ensured to cause instant death via jamming stuff into brains for head hits.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun(ny) with Object Testing Arena Mode.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 06:49:05 pm »

That sounds insane. I'll have to try that.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:58:19 am »

oh wow. just use a giant snake corpse as a whip.

( and get some pics please.)

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 01:34:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

behold the power of a Giant Sperm Whale wielded by a Minotaur with Legendary Fighter+misc object ranking.

poor goblin didn't even know what hit it.

*edit* ok somehow i sent a cat into orbit after lashing it with a platinum whip in the head with the above minotaur (who has been DFHacked to have legendary all) and it caused my game to crash with a generic windows "program as crashed and needs to end yer gonna lose any unsaved data" thing although the idea of sending a cat into space by whipping it was hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:21:25 pm by AJC »