Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vote for one. Please only AFTER reading the post. :P

GREAT, AWESOME, LETS DO THIS!!!
Sounds good to me.
I am indifferent.
Sounds like a bad idea (please tell me more why)
NO!!!! THIS WILL CONFUSE EVERYONE! NO THERAPIST SUPPORT, THE HORROR

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Secret Skills - Poll - I have a new idea.  (Read 3888 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Secret Skills - Poll - I have a new idea.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 05:38:57 am »

Thats a good idea, because the butcher more or less works like animal pasturing. But it has a problem. Negotiator is a social skill, so normal dwarvesn socializing in the meeting room will get "negotiator-butcher" skill.

I also cant change the skill used in the reaction of the butcher, so it wont work at all. The negotiator would still butcher things.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 02:56:06 pm »

I do not envy you that manual... what a thankless ball of unfun.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »

Urist took joy in slaughter recently

People usually talk about things they like and seeing as dwarves freaking love slaughter i would imagine they exchange tricks of the trade with each other thus boosting their skills as butchers. :P

*EDIT* What if butchers use surgery skill instead, it's rare to have so many animals to butcher that they will neglect their medical duties and considering the usual state of a dwarven hospital a butchers shop isn't that far off anyway. :))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:05:33 pm by Varyag »

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »

Unless you are slaughtering hordes of Cave Beetles... I usually have the butcher job enabled for all my Kobolds, since one butcher is either always busy to butcher my animals right when there are corpses waiting to be butchered, or there are really too many corpses for just one Kobold to butcher.
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:46 am »

Urist took joy in slaughter recently

People usually talk about things they like and seeing as dwarves freaking love slaughter i would imagine they exchange tricks of the trade with each other thus boosting their skills as butchers. :P

*EDIT* What if butchers use surgery skill instead, it's rare to have so many animals to butcher that they will neglect their medical duties and considering the usual state of a dwarven hospital a butchers shop isn't that far off anyway. :))
I dont think you understood what Meph just said. Buthering at the butcher is hardcoded to use the butcher skill. We can't change it. Tanning is the same; that's why diplomacy is used to tan hides. Weird huh?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 11:30:08 am »

That why diplomacy WAS used to tan hides. After all, I put the tanner back because of that. ;)

But I might add two of the social skills (which can even be bought at embark, yeah) for the speakers-podium and the tavern/music. Both just transform a dwarf into another creature with an interaction, so skill plays absolutely no role. And it is realistic that a random dwarf might suddenly want to hold a speech or sing a song ;)

That would free one skill, the bard. Maybe I put the "Potter & Glazer" in its place, IF I expand these systems. I know that clay is being used a lot more with the new kiln/clay oven, and some people even reportet that its way too cheap and easy to farm the "oven operator" that does everything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]