Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248909 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: 101 Uses For Potatoes and Vortexes Thereof
« Reply #1350 on: April 19, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »

Dave walks inside anyway. If these washing machines belong to the school he must find an employe.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:08:10 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1351 on: April 19, 2014, 01:03:36 pm »

((Must...  resist... sausage... joke...))

"Erm, yeah, I suppose eating the cup wouldn't be that good for you."
One would think my cupcake-eating demonstration would have covered removing the cup.

Try out the tea!

"How about the tea, do you like it? Careful, it might be a bit hot."
"Anyway, do you know anything about me? Or how you came to be here?"

Can I hear what the people around are talking about? Anything interesting?

Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 19, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

"Er, well. If you say so."

Buzz the buzzer! Request entry! It's important.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 19, 2014, 02:32:57 pm »

"Well" John gets out the linked sausages he summoned a while ago. "There are a few of them, linked together. It looks like they're some kind of salami. I don't really see how this is relevant, however, I'm sure it won't surprise me one bit when you explain it to me. How do we know eachother again?"

"How can ya say that, John boy? Aren't we friends? After all, ya called me on my birthday. If that don't make ya a friend o' mine, then I don't have any friends!"

One would think my cupcake-eating demonstration would have covered removing the cup.

Try out the tea!

The tea is quite good, you find. Not really as good as if you had made it yourself, but quality tea nevertheless. Lois, who decides to imitate what you're doing, doesn't seem to share your opinion.

"It is quite hot. What is it supposed to be?" she asks, looking fairly unimpressed.

"Anyway, do you know anything about me? Or how you came to be here?"[/color][/glow]

"You conjured me, so to speak. So you're a wizard. Or would that be a witch? That's all I know, really."

Some of them seem to be talking about dinosaurs (you suspect one of the fellows here may be an elderly paleontologist), while others are busy talking about things such as strange noises in the night, a rather large storm that's due to approach soon and, strangely enough, cricket. The last bit is mostly represented by a fellow talking to himself in a corner, though.

"Er, well. If you say so."

Buzz the buzzer! Request entry! It's important.

"Ah, the smut salesman from earlier, yes? What do you wish from us? Do you have more objects of interest to peddle?" comes the Prioress' voice from the intercom.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 19, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »

You missed my action

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »

"Well, happy brithday to you. And please don't be offended by this. When I said I had a little stroke and lost my memory, I didn't mean that in a figurative way, I mean that in the way that I fell to the floor, drooled for a good minute and woke up barely remembering who I was." A little embellishment never hurts "So, yeah. But please, you were about to tell me why you called me before I interrupted you with questions, please continue."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 19, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »

"Er, not really - I come with grave news, Matron! I have chanced upon an expert in this kind of thing, and he has clearly demonstrated that this smut is pure Evil. I worry for your safety, sisters, and I implore you to let me burn it! Or, you know, just to burn it yourselves, before it attracts Evil! Please, I beg you to listen to me."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 19, 2014, 03:06:23 pm »

You missed my action

I handle dialogue and really minor stuff (as in, second-long actions or minor observations) separately from the bigger actions, like yours.

"Well, happy brithday to you. And please don't be offended by this. When I said I had a little stroke and lost my memory, I didn't mean that in a figurative way, I mean that in the way that I fell to the floor, drooled for a good minute and woke up barely remembering who I was." A little embellishment never hurts "So, yeah. But please, you were about to tell me why you called me before I interrupted you with questions, please continue."

"Y'called me, John boy, don't ya remember? It was a couple minutes ago, I know, but still. Ya sure ya ain't got any booze? Might help, ya know. Sure helped my wife, it did."

"Er, not really - I come with grave news, Matron! I have chanced upon an expert in this kind of thing, and he has clearly demonstrated that this smut is pure Evil. I worry for your safety, sisters, and I implore you to let me burn it! Or, you know, just to burn it yourselves, before it attracts Evil! Please, I beg you to listen to me."

"What sort of evil is it supposed to attract, sir, if I may ask?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:14:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 19, 2014, 03:19:33 pm »

"No, I'm sure I don't have any booze on me. And I called you because you called me, remember? Also, don't be surprised if I have to drop this call, I do have a murderer after me and my friends right now."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 19, 2014, 03:29:53 pm »

"Demons, ma'am. Servants of the devil."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 19, 2014, 04:17:33 pm »

"No, I'm sure I don't have any booze on me. And I called you because you called me, remember? Also, don't be surprised if I have to drop this call, I do have a murderer after me and my friends right now."

"Nah, I'm pretty sure y'called me. But anyhow, I'll call ya back later, eh? Sounds like what yer doin' is pretty important."

"And why would they be interested in this particular bit of literature? Or know where it might be, in fact?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 19, 2014, 04:46:44 pm »

"Yes, right, talk to you later then. Have a nice birthday, eh?" John ends the call, and shakes his head. "Apparently I've got some weird ass friends, no surprises there. Oh well. By the way, Trey, what was that new spell you got?"

End call. Ask Trey. Then look at my contact list on my phone. Then call mister Lee, and explain the situation I'm in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1362 on: April 19, 2014, 07:53:07 pm »

Try out the tea!

The tea is quite good, you find. Not really as good as if you had made it yourself, but quality tea nevertheless. Lois, who decides to imitate what you're doing, doesn't seem to share your opinion.

"It is quite hot. What is it supposed to be?" she asks, looking fairly unimpressed.
Eta readjusted her glasses.
"It's tea." she blurted out, a bit baffled by her reaction.
"Made by leaving leaves taken from a tea plant in hot water for a while and then removing them from it." she elaborated a moment later.
"Sometimes I put cinnamon or honey in it to change the flavour. It's very nice. And the warmth is good, soothing. Especially during a cold winter day or when your throat is hurting."  she proceeded to defend her favourite beverage.
I guess I shouldn't judge the poor girl. Everyone's entitled to their own tastes and opinions. Who knows? Perhaps with time she'll grow to like it.
"At least, that's my opinion. Not everyone likes it." said Eta and forced a smile on her lips, even though she mentally cringed at the thought of people disliking tea.
"Anyway, do you know anything about me? Or how you came to be here?"

"You conjured me, so to speak. So you're a wizard. Or would that be a witch? That's all I know, really."
"Oh. Well, that's good to know. It's nice to have some further confirmation on the matter. You know, ensure I'm not going crazy." said Eta, making a motion to indicate a loose screw in her brain. "This has been one crazy night. One crazy week..." Eta said to herself and sighed. She remained silent for a while, listening to the voices of the various patrons of this fine establishment while thinking about the events of those past few days.

Some of them seem to be talking about dinosaurs (you suspect one of the fellows here may be an elderly paleontologist), while others are busy talking about things such as strange noises in the night, a rather large storm that's due to approach soon and, strangely enough, cricket. The last bit is mostly represented by a fellow talking to himself in a corner, though.
"Speaking of crazy... Come on, I think I got an idea!" said Eta as she got up, got her mug and walked over to the Palaeontologist, motioning for Lois to follow her.

"Hello sir. I hope I'm not disturbing you. I couldn't help but overhear you talking about those dinosaurs that fell from the sky the other day and... well, you see, me and my friend here are very interested in the subject. Dinosaurs are such fascinating creatures. We would love to hear the opinion of someone who seems to know much more about those creatures than we do. Would you mind if we were to join your table?"

Strike up a conversation with the palaeontologist and his friends (assuming they don't mind, of course). What's his take on the whole dinosaur situation? Where did they come from? Did they came from a single time period? Are they real dinosaurs? And most importantly, has he heard of any live dinosaurs around here, perhaps some that we could go see?

((I know that the correct action in this type of situation would be to investigate the strange noises in the hopes they would lead to magic but the chance of meeting a dinosaur is too much to pass up.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:57:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 19, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »

"And why would they be interested in this particular bit of literature? Or know where it might be, in fact?"

"I dunno, aren't all demons into things that are supposed to be bad for you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 20, 2014, 03:07:43 pm »

"And I think they just know, man... ma'am... They can sense the evilness?"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 244