Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 247968 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: An Urban and Magical RTD (signups welcome)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 07:06:52 am »

I find it interesting how everybody filling out the card, when asked "describe yourself", immediately writes out their height, weight and distinguishing physical features, like you're joining the military or something. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

Wait, this is not the military?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 07:16:30 am »

I find it interesting how everybody filling out the card, when asked "describe yourself", immediately writes out their height, weight and distinguishing physical features, like you're joining the military or something. Not that that's a bad thing, of course.

Eh, I suppose most of us are keeping within the single sentence description limit, though I sort of broke of the rules on mine...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 09:18:27 am »

The appliant list almost reads like a Who's Who of Bay12 RtD. I'm scared :P

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »

Spoiler: Halesey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:59:37 pm by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Initial four selected - respond!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:13 am »

Okay, so I've selected the first four players, as well as made a slightly ordered waitlist. New applicants will be inducted in the waitlist in order of application.

The first four:
  • Toaster - Larry Malone
  • Dwarmin - Kathryn Jones
  • Errol - Elizabeth Blanc
  • lawastooshort - Halesey

I feel kinda bad for taking so few people, but I also know that I can't have too many players. The waitlist, then, is such.

• Cheesecake - Willy
  • wolfchild - Henrietta Black
  • Pancaek - John T. Deschutter
  • Gamerlord - Samuel Bornhast
  • scapheap - Clair Malk

Those who were selected, you are now required to do one thing - post your stats. These are explained in the spoiler below.

Those who were selected, post either a filled stat sheet for your character or a convincing excuse for an absence of such a thing (alternatively, an affirmation of either interest or disinterest at the very least) within 24 hours, please.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:49:41 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Initial four selected - respond!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 05:11:05 am »

Spoiler: Halesey's stats (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Kat's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:57:30 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Elizabeth's stats (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Larry's Stats (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Humm, given everyone mainlined affinity, I'm changing my stats around a bit.

Edit: And done, no more changes. :)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It was a bit of a tossup between Mind and Affinity for the last point for me.  MORE POWER just seemed to make sense for a guy with that much ego.  Anyway, La's fellow has zero.

Also, Harry's made a mistake- with everyone posting within a couple hours of each other, player responses will be high since we all must be similar time zones.  He better be ready for five updates a day!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Ooh, Magic!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 08:15:08 am »

Alright, that's that - we've got the players, we've got the GM and, most importantly, we've got the magic. So let's go.

As the four gathered individuals fill out their "cards" and hand them to the fat man, he looks through them quickly, nodding with no small amount of satisfaction. He folds them up and places them in his back pocket, chuckling mildly. He then turns to you all.

"Right then, let's get down to business. See, the thing is, this ain't no ordinary occult club. Far from it, people! You see, most occult clubs dabble in this and that, burn incense, that sort of thing. Tricks and stupid rituals that don't actually do anything."

He looks at a nearby burning stick of incense and extinguishes it.

"Smell was making me furious. So, yeah. What I got for you all ain't the average ballyhoo whatever that you get in most places. Naw, what I got - it's magic. Like, real magic."

He puts his palms together. The assembled people - Larry, Kathryn, Elizabeth and the somewhat confused Halesey all can hear a rather audible crackle issue from him, and the air shimmers mildly in his vicinity.

"And it's magic that I'm gonna give to you people. Are you ready?"

Clearly, this is some sort of pivotal moment. There's even a loud thunderclap to accompany it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 08:34:08 am »

Kathryn nods, eyes drifting to the ceiling in disbelief. Nice special effects, but she had seen better. She assumed they would soon gain the 'magic' of thinking positively and finding some sort of vessel for their spirits to deposit money to.

She suppressed a yawn, realizing she honestly had no where else to go right at this moment. No job during the day, couldn't sleep at night. So...she needed to do something, anything...

"Ah, sure. Why not?" Kat asked sardonically, crossing her legs in a classic subconscious defensive posture.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 09:14:07 am »

PTW. Won't join because I will end up bothering Harry in two RTDs. And having player variety is funnier.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 09:26:59 am »

"Eh? Wait, seriously? That can't possibly be true..."

Elizabeth was conflicted. Her face was alight with a mixture of confusion and excitement. On the one hand - no, no way. The only kind of magic existing in the real world was sufficiently advanced technology. Absolutely true. And... this man didn't look like he regularily handled technology more sufficiently advanced than the telephone he ordered his breakfast pizza with.
But there was this little part inside of her that was getting all too giddy at the thought. After all, magic's what she came for, right?

"...but if you can prove me otherwise... bring it."

But what if it really just was static electricity?

She sat stiffly on her chair, clutching its arms with a hint of panic, much like a child who knows that the dentist will see him in a few seconds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 244