Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256933 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1980 on: June 09, 2014, 04:08:41 pm »

((So the cowman is saying you wouldn't like him when he's angry?))

"Hey." said Eta a bit more loudly than she intended. After taking a second to calm down, she continued.
"Good morning. Did you get sleep well?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 09, 2014, 04:39:58 pm »

So where are we going now?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: June 09, 2014, 04:55:10 pm »

"Hmmm, be that as it may, I'm not sure I want to actively stop Luz. She has a point, you know? Trey's 'game' is far longer than anything we've seen here. Honestly, it seems like you're just dragging it out for no real reason."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 09, 2014, 06:11:28 pm »

"Can you let me go now and I'll think about it while setting up the infrastructure of my little society."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 09, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »

((Way behind on this, but I'll catch up in the AM.  Larry is probably just watching Halesey at this point anyway.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 10, 2014, 04:29:45 am »

((So the cowman is saying you wouldn't like him when he's angry?))

"Hey." said Eta a bit more loudly than she intended. After taking a second to calm down, she continued.
"Good morning. Did you get sleep well?"

"I wouldn't know. Am I supposed to vaguely remember strange things from while I was asleep?"

So where are we going now?

"Back to the hotel," Schlomo says, and just then Joanie comes out of the donut shop, making sure to safely lock the door after putting up the appropriate sign. "Let's move out."

"Hmmm, be that as it may, I'm not sure I want to actively stop Luz. She has a point, you know? Trey's 'game' is far longer than anything we've seen here. Honestly, it seems like you're just dragging it out for no real reason."

"On the contrary, you probably do! For you see, I can't really say what would happen if the... method were to disintegrate. I am fairly sure of several things, though - if that were to happen, you are exceedingly unlikely to get out. And if you did, well, your odds of being recognizably human or even animal-like are rather low at best."

"But the point is taken. What say you we expedite things a tad and make the last bout 1 vs. 1 vs. 1? Treys 11, 54 and 64 in the final match to see who the real Trey is going to be? Sound good?"
he asks of you.

[Luz's affinity roll: 1-->1]

At exactly that moment, Luz appears to have encountered a bit of a problem - namely, the flash of green light that is supposed to appear a new beaver appears to have chosen to materialize right in the middle of her chest, and the beaver looks quite agitated as a result.

[Luz's body roll: 3+1]
[Beaver's calmness roll: 2]

Luz, evidently without breath, attempts vainly to shush and calm the strange, violent mammal in her chest, but it appears to be having none of that, jumping out and leaving Luz with a very significant hole in her chest. She stands dumbfoundedly for a moment, then collapses, a gaping, oddly non-bleeding hole in her chest where a bunch of very important organs used to be. The cow seems very surprised by this.

"Oh... dang," it says. "I mean, blimey, did you see that?" it asks of you while the room keeps on repairing itself. "Most distressing, indeed. Bugger. Not sure I can fix that, really."

"Can you let me go now and I'll think about it while setting up the infrastructure of my little society."

"Agreeable. Enough."

"But. If. You. Do. Not. Comply. We. Will. Seek. You. Out."

"And. Then. We. Will. Ask. Again."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 10, 2014, 04:34:47 am »

Well then, let's go. I've got little else to do.

Move out!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1987 on: June 10, 2014, 04:38:37 am »

((RGB fungal pseudogods: persistent salesmen.))

"As long as they aren't apocalyptic visions of the future, I think it's all right." Eta joked. "It's called dreaming. And it's quite normal." she added more seriously, in case her friend misunderstood her.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:44:18 am by Parisbre56 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: June 10, 2014, 04:57:57 am »

((Way behind on this, but I'll catch up in the AM.  Larry is probably just watching Halesey at this point anyway.))

((Er, I'm not sure I'm actually doing anything. I'd better catch up too))

((catching up ahoy))

"What do I want so smash? Haw-hum!" he says, then turns away from you and begins winding up his fist in a comical fashion, striking at the air after a moment. Oddly, a patch of air reacts as if it were a solid thing, and shatters into millions of tiny pieces, leaving a doorway emitting a heavenly light in its wake. "First layer of heaven sounds very smashable right now, hahah!"

"Er. Okay?"

Smash up air!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:11:41 am by lawastooshort »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:02 am »

"What? You can make this realm, take Luz apart into little pieces without killing her and split Trey up into 64 different Treys, but you can't fix a hole in her chest? Come on now, you can't be serious.

And maybe we should just forego the deathmatches and call it quits before we all get in trouble here, don't you think?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: June 10, 2014, 05:52:09 am »

"Er. Okay?"

Smash up air!

You begin waving your hands comically at the gateway while making smashing noises with your hideous mouth (which seems to be becoming less hideous now, wonderfully enough). The clown giggles at your display.

"Not what I had in mind, but keep doing that!" he says, looking at your sweet moves.

"What? You can make this realm, take Luz apart into little pieces without killing her and split Trey up into 64 different Treys, but you can't fix a hole in her chest? Come on now, you can't be serious.

And maybe we should just forego the deathmatches and call it quits before we all get in trouble here, don't you think?"

"I... wait! That's right! I didn't exactly split Trey up as much as duplicated him, as I may have mentioned, but you're mostly right! Keep motivating me!"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:54:49 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:35 am »

”Okay, Mr Demon! Thay, whath your name? Eh, Larry - could you thummon uth up thome more coke? I think thith ith wearing off, man.”

Continue! Try kicking the air too!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: June 10, 2014, 06:18:36 am »

"I...okay." John clears his throat "You were able to capture three people who had enough power to demolish a school, and you did it without breaking a sweat. You then seperated us, enacting elaborate punishments on three people at the same time. You were able to impart knowledge on me by having stored it inside of a puzzle box, which was impressive as well. I even had conversations with several other cows that I can only assume were your creations as well. You even upgraded one of my spells, I didn't even know that was possible without the magazine.

Honestly, as much as I dislike being here and as much as I dislike you, I'm pretty impressed by all this."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: June 10, 2014, 09:06:49 am »

Larry, a bit bothered by all this, has a rare moment of restraint.  Perhaps it's the swollen lips.  "Errr... how about you juth take tthome of mine?"

Give Halesey the bag.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: June 10, 2014, 10:01:04 am »

"Thweet."

Accept but don't actually consume any more eldritch cocaine yet.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 244