Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248905 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2775 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:23 pm »

"Henrietta R. Hippo. Although most people call me Eta."
Wave or extend my hand, depending on distance.
"Right now I'm sort of a magical researcher, mostly trying to understand magic. But you could say I'm a person interested in any and all interesting things."
Try to make a gesture with my hand so as to point it to the people in front of me. Do I get a reaction from my mark from any of them?
"What about you?"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:00 pm »

After getting linked to this and reading... eh, about the latter half, starting roughly when Halesey meets the potato god, I want to waitlist or join.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 01, 2014, 10:59:59 pm »

* Toaster waves
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:16 am »

"I suspect you're not being honest here, friend. Where's my money?"

"Oh. Er. Sorry. I just missed the one time, man - I've been having problems with respect, you see - this eejit here don't respect me, and that's been holding up my payments. How much do I owe you again? Please, just gimme till tomorrow night and I'll figure it out..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 02, 2014, 09:19:54 am »

"Oh. Er. Sorry. I just missed the one time, man - I've been having problems with respect, you see - this eejit here don't respect me, and that's been holding up my payments. How much do I owe you again? Please, just gimme till tomorrow night and I'll figure it out..."

"Okay, that's your offer. I'm gonna counter it with this - how about I snap your shins in half right now unless you give me the money?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 02, 2014, 09:57:23 am »

”I don’t have any shins!” distracts Halesey, expertly, before casting Potato Vortex behind the angry Mafioso and then Musically Garbage Blasting him repeatedly in the face until he hopefully falls backwards!

”Run, Nigel! Get the feck out of here before he smashes in yer shins! And incidentally, don’t feckin’ go near the potato god wit that potato in you before I tell him I gave it to you or you’s gonna probably burn in potato hell, shit, run!”

Run!

((oh dear it’s gone terribly wrong))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 02, 2014, 04:31:17 pm »

"Henrietta R. Hippo. Although most people call me Eta."
Wave or extend my hand, depending on distance.
"Right now I'm sort of a magical researcher, mostly trying to understand magic. But you could say I'm a person interested in any and all interesting things."
Try to make a gesture with my hand so as to point it to the people in front of me. Do I get a reaction from my mark from any of them?
"What about you?"
"John, enchanté. You'll excuse me if I don't shake hands, wouldn't want to get yours dirty with sewage. You might want to stop trying to understand magic, I've come to notice that it only brings misery."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 02, 2014, 08:23:52 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 02, 2014, 08:25:46 pm »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 04, 2014, 07:33:35 am »

Dave, after laborious preparation, prepares the loosing of the magical vision contained within his fragile mind! Which is to say that he finally does it.

[Dave's affinity roll: 1-->3+3+2]

Yes, he begins to release all nine of his spells, which were... something, he guesses. They were... well, there was one with angels, no, wait, two with angels, and one with Undulating Porcelain Gremlin Kings, and also some others. What were they again? Something... wait a minute. He just needs to check his own mind, he realizes, and immediately does so, quickly rattling off the names of each spell as he concentrates on what magical knowledge he seems to have. There's nine spells, for gods' sakes, how can he be expected to remember them all? Honestly, it's more than a bit unreasonable.

Now, what was he doing again? He remembers thinking about something, but he's not quite sure what it is anymore - the image is gone from his mind, a mere echo of its complexity remaining as his fallible brain has filed it away, or rather crumpled it up and thrown it into the corner.

Larry, upon getting what he wants, quickly scribbles up a note with accompanying contact information.

"Thanks, bot," he tells the robot-thing, but it just appears more saddened by this.

"Eh. 'I live to serve'," it halfheartedly quotes at him, but Larry is already long gone by then, having entered the elevator. Within a short while, he is back at the Executive Suite, where he slips the note under the door.

However, just as he turns away from the door, he hears footsteps followed by a shuffling sound. Turning to look, he sees that the note has been pushed back out from the suite. That's... kinda strange.

John, feeling very confused at the sudden appearance of a whole host of people in his near vicinity, not even particularly noticing the fact that Shauna and Raven, two people he may sort of know, are among them, despite the fact that they sort of wave to him in an effort to get through his impenetrable layer of nonchalant drunkenness, just takes out his mag after a short round of introductions and looks through it for spells.

[John's mind roll: 2+1+1]

And his mind quickly accepts the magic, letting him ascend to a simpler world, one where he needs only catch spheres. Two spheres, in this case, both of which he seizes at a lazy pace, pondering which one to pocket as he returns to the world of crushing normality.

Spoiler: John's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

As John looks at the mag, Eta sadly concludes that none of these people seem to be making her mark react in any particular way. Not even Mr. Menkau, who she pegged to be an oddity more than anything. After all, he did admit to having innate magical powers totally unlike what she's had experience with so far.

But before she can think for very long, Joanie interrupts THE DUNKER's repeated question that has found no answer.

"Well! Looks like we've got the mystery sorted out, thanks to torture man over here."

"Please, call me Menkau," torture man says.

"So the only thing left to do is step two: find the leyline and then get the hell out of here. If only I remembered where it was!" Joanie says, and the rest of her group prick their ears up immediately. "But alas, I am way too drunk to sense anything right now. It was in the sewers, I recall, but where?"

Halesey, fearing for his shins, attempts to distract the mafioso!

"I don’t have any shins!" he shouts, and begins to cast!

[Halesey's finesse roll: 4+1]
[Mafioso's finesse roll: 4]
[Cadwallader's finesse roll: 4-1]
[Halesey's affinity roll: 5+1]

Halesey's first impulse is to conjure up a potato vortex, and one appears right behind the mafioso, a gateway to the normal world, pushing the mafioso toward Halesey!

"Run, Nigel! Get the feck out of here before he smashes in yer shins! And incidentally, don’t feckin’ go near the potato god wit that potato in you before I tell him I gave it to you or you’s gon-"

[Mafioso vs. Halesey: 2+1 vs. 1]

Halesey doesn't quite finish that sentence, as the mafioso seizes him by the neck and knees him in the abdomen, causing Halesey to feel like he's about to lose his lunch.

"Don't fuck around. Where's my money? Where's my fucking money?" the mafioso begins to ask repeatedly.

[Cadwallader's affinity roll: 5+1]

He appears to be ready to enact some other form of violence, but suddenly the roiling sea of potatoes all around them becomes rather still. Incredibly still. Supernaturally so, even. Potatoes, once so very mobile and unconstricting, now surround Halesey and the mafioso like a cage, more potatoes joining them within moments, only to become similarly immobilized. Both Halesey and the mafioso try to move, but find that they are trapped in their current positions, both of which are rather awkward, to tell the truth. Not to mention the inherent visual limitations of looking in a direction Halesey assumes to be downwards, still clutching his belly, while a large, burly fellow holds him in place while being similarly immobilized.

"Well, shit," the mafioso says after a moment.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 04, 2014, 07:43:18 am »

Damn... Begin the process again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 04, 2014, 07:43:56 am »

Larry walked back on the door and knocked on it.

"Hello?  This is Larry again, from the other day?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 04, 2014, 07:54:00 am »

"Hmm? Oh, the leyline isn't far from this manhole. Getting there is proving to be somewhat tricky, though. Can't see shit and there's barely enough room for even one person to crawl on their hands and their knees. I'm going to try again in a sec'. You'll have to wait you're turn though, we got here first after all. Well, that and if two people were to go in there at the same time you'd get stuck."

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: September 04, 2014, 08:15:30 am »

"Yea, for check out the power of the Potato God, Unbeliever! Submit!"

Cast Enchant Potato on the potato nearest my nose.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2789 on: September 04, 2014, 08:54:16 am »

"I can make it bigger for you. Here, watch. It's not like this place can get worse than it already is."

Cast Pit of Blue Skeletons on that place near the manhole John indicated.

Spoiler: Eta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:57:55 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 244