Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248546 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2955 on: October 20, 2014, 02:52:30 pm »

"Well, that's a weird one." John scratches his stubble "I wonder what menkau is doing. Hope he didn't get into trouble."

Ask the magazine-spirit if it knows of a way to know how menkau is doing

Spoiler: john (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: October 24, 2014, 04:39:43 pm »

THE DUNKER sneers at such outmoded methods of vertical transportation as the common ladder, and instead tries rubbing himself against the furry, winged pillar of pink bats he just summoned, hoping that this will convey him upward without much trouble. The result is that he finds out several new ways in which his body can tickle immensely.

After letting his giggle subside, he climbs on up the ladder in the most miserable fashion he can manage, followed closely by Hungry Pete. Fortunately, he doesn't even have to go up very far before his two newly-made woman-friends help him up, seemingly exerting themselves to a great degree to do so.

"Good god, you're heavy," Ivette notes, watching Hungry Pete's lithe, yet burnt form ascend the ladder in a haunted manner.

"Has the disaster ended?" he wonders, glancing all about. No sound is heard, and he dares to emerge a little further out, though still obviously looking not particularly secure.

"Okay, this is really starting to seem kind of confusing and dangerous. Can we just get out of here already? Or at least speed things up?" Ivette wonders aloud, looking at Eta hopefully.

Larry is not one to feel uneasy about entering holes, at least not until the morning after, and thus leaps into the trap tube confidently, finding it oddly comfortable for a mouth. If it is a mouth, of course. It feels more like a slide combined with a vacuum, and the faintly organic sounds are about to start tipping off his self-preservation instincts big time when he is ejected into what feels like a room made of stone, judging from the texture of the hard yet suspiciously warm floor.

"Here we are, bro! Look upon my works!"

A moment of silence during which Larry gets to fully appreciate that it is indeed pitch black in here as well as very humid, hot and lacking in particularly breathable air.

"Whaddaya think, man?"

Halesey strongly suspects he knows who the arrival may be, and informs God of what he believes - God merely rumbles knowingly, which Halesey takes as affirmation of his revelations. With this in mind, he hides - not difficult, considering he is mostly potato - he practically blends in with the surroundings without any kind of effort, and even if someone were to see him, it's not at all easy to see the little stretched feet, hands, ears and facial attributes contributing to the halo of flesh around the spatial anomaly, so vast is the vortex forming his core.

Lying in wait, Halesey is nevertheless mildly surprised when the arrival appears - rather than the expected miscreant that is that unfortunate Nigel, the domain of God appears to have invited somebody else entirely. He's a ginger guy, with an unpleasant face and shabby clothes, looking bloody stinking drunk at that, practically falling apart. The front of his shirt seems to have a few flecks of vomit on it. He stares vacantly into the distance, spinning in the almost nonexistent gravity of the area.

John, perplexed at this turn of events, wonders what his best paranormal friend might be up to at the present time.

"I wonder what Menkau is doing. Hope he didn't get into trouble," he says out loud perhaps prophetically. But this fails to give him any answers. So he adjusts his tactics a little.

~Great magazine spirit, do you know of a way for me to know how Menkau is doing?~ he beseeches his patron spirit.

~Who? You mean the cow guy? I'm sure he's perfectly okay. Why wouldn't he be?~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: October 24, 2014, 04:53:57 pm »

"So, what happened here?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: October 24, 2014, 07:13:43 pm »

"I think I can't see shit."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2959 on: October 25, 2014, 09:29:47 am »

"Yeah, let's just go... Wait, where are those two that went in there to look for you?"

EDIT: Forgot to answer:
"So, what happened here?"
"I have no idea. That strange man disappeared in a flash of light and heat. No idea why. I had nothing to do with it."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:33:08 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: October 25, 2014, 02:29:54 pm »

"I think I can't see shit."

"Yeah, lighting's been a problem, sadly. I'm kind of having trouble keeping fires going, though. Got any input?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 25, 2014, 02:38:48 pm »

"It's kinda hard to breathe in here, too!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: October 25, 2014, 02:48:35 pm »

"It's kinda hard to breathe in here, too!"

"Hey, I can fix that!"

What sounds disconcertingly like a low, drawn-out farting noise rings out through the chamber you're in. The air grows warmer and more breathable in a manner of speaking, though it starts to smell a bit odd as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 25, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »

"Smells like you cut one.   Still can't see."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 25, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

"Smells like you cut one.   Still can't see."

"I did not! I don't even have a rectum anymore, dude. Or a metabolism, either. Just magic at work here, pretty much. And I still can't get anything to light up for long down here, like I said. No fuel for fires, and the electrical system for the neon lighting still refuses to work for some reason. I think it's fucking with me, to be perfectly honest."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 25, 2014, 06:25:08 pm »

Welp. Might as well head off. Hey Pete, where was that factory leyline?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:12 pm »

Welp. Might as well head off. Hey Pete, where was that factory leyline?

"In the abandoned parts of factory land, where the potato whispers in the dark and many awful things still dwell among the dregs."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:57 pm »

Sounds like a jolly haunting destination, let's go there!

Lead on, Pete! To the factory!
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 25, 2014, 09:32:10 pm »

Larry shrugs.  "I guess it's nice, though I can't see any of it.  Maybe you need a big window."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2969 on: October 26, 2014, 08:59:00 am »

"Sooo... What now?"
Does Ivette have any thing she wants to do? Or is it up to me?
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 244