Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248759 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #3090 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:29 am »

Excellent! You ready, Pete?

If Pete's ready, direct the queens to charge at the speedy man! If not, wait until he's ready and perform said action.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3091 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:20 am »

"I know the DUNKER can control booze and summon floating cans and that Joanie can create cocaine and exude it from her body, but that's it. And for all I know they could had gotten new spells by now. I also have some magic, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. I only use it for my research."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 26, 2014, 09:30:14 am »

Excellent! You ready, Pete?

If Pete's ready, direct the queens to charge at the speedy man! If not, wait until he's ready and perform said action.

"Hold on a second..." says Pete, raising his finger and muttering something to himself. This takes a few moments. "Okay, ready!"

With that, you order the queens to charge inside the hallway into that speedy fellow, hoping that the distraction works as the file into it, with you and Pete bringing up the rear. As the two of you get into the room at last, you see the man still there, currently looking busy shanking the queens moving into his personal space. Pete, seeing an opportunity, immediately strikes, his hand tensely and accusatorily pointing at the murderous man, who has just executed one of the older queens without batting an eye in the space of a second.

[Pete's affinity roll: 4-1]

A spiky angel of pure white immediately appears on the speedy man, clutching him with its thorny appendages, the spikes seemingly biting painfully into his flesh.

[PF's body roll: 6-->6+1]

The man reacts with a loud screech and a violent explosion, blasting the creature straight off himself. Oddly, he seems to glow a little less now, what little can be seen of him as he shanks another queen in the chest five times.

"I know the DUNKER can control booze and summon floating cans and that Joanie can create cocaine and exude it from her body, but that's it. And for all I know they could had gotten new spells by now. I also have some magic, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. I only use it for my research."

"Very well. How easy is magic to get?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3093 on: November 26, 2014, 10:15:31 am »

"You just need a ritual object. Anybody who performs a ritual gains access to magic. I still don't see how this is relevant to that horrible person."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

"You just need a ritual object. Anybody who performs a ritual gains access to magic. I still don't see how this is relevant to that horrible person."

"Magic is advantageous," he says. "Now, ritual objects. Explain. Please," he says the last word late enough to seem like an afterthought.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 26, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

Hmm. Let's have some more queens, it seems like it's working.

Summon another battalion of pork queens!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 27, 2014, 03:20:11 am »

Hmm. Let's have some more queens, it seems like it's working.

Summon another battalion of pork queens!

[Your affinity roll: 4+1]

At your beckoning, the same number of brand new queens materializes in the middle of the melee, joining the battle quite readily and making the hallway, which was at best meant for three people at once to pass through in terms of width, rather hilariously cramped. The man continues stabbing his sword into all nearby people, however, abating only in terms of his movements becoming slightly inhibited by the sea of pork royalty he needs to cut through.

[Hungry Pete's affinity roll: 5+1]

Fortunately, the way he doesn't move around quite as violently is just perfect for Hungry Pete to engulf him in a very sizable sphere made of compacted white angels, which immediately begins to violently contort. Hungry Pete immediately starts working on the very next spell, eager to bring business to a close.

[Hungry Pete's affinity roll: 3]

Unfortunately, though, the whole bit where he sets the angels on fire hits a bit of a snag, as only one particular angel bursts into flames - while this does create a muffled screeching coming from within the pile, it doesn't seem quite as effective as initially surmised, and the angelic formation begins to deform. The queens, slightly confused as well as crowded, look to you for new orders.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 27, 2014, 07:54:14 am »

"I'll have to let you take the lead here, I'm afraid. Mister Lee just sort of pushed these weird magazines in our hands and called it a day. My mind went blank and I kind of lost some memories when I read it, but I'm pretty sure he never actually told us how to give magic to others. So, if you'd be so kind?"

John says politely, paying close attention to what mister Pilton is about to do.
Missed me?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 27, 2014, 08:30:54 am »

Missed me?

No, just keeping your dialogue in store for the big turn while I get through a bunch of stuff with the two people who are a bit behind. It's important for causality that they get their turns done first and more frequently, at least for the moment.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 27, 2014, 09:27:00 am »

No, just keeping your dialogue in store for the big turn while I get through a bunch of stuff with the two people who are a bit behind. It's important for causality that they get their turns done first and more frequently, at least for the moment.

((Ah, sorry. I wasn't sure.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 27, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »

Attack the person inside the sphere of angels, o queens, for he has most grievously insulted your countries!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 27, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »

Attack the person inside the sphere of angels, o queens, for he has most grievously insulted your countries!

They start vigorously attacking the engulfed man, trying to keep him in place with synchronized whacks with their scepters, which seems to certainly work to a degree, giving Hungry Pete another solid chance at loosing his spell.

[Hungry Pete's affinity roll: 4]

Immediately more of the sphere is set aflame, and the screeching sound intensifies. It seems that the psychopath within is having a little trouble handling this in a quiet, dignified manner, and starts rolling about quite rapidly, a single arm punching out of the sphere, sword in hand - it wastes no time and stabs at the queens, stabbing one of the younger ones straight through the throat, then another in the gut. In both cases long-term survival seems remote, judging by the amount of blood.

[Hungry Pete's affinity roll: 5]

Finally, due to Hungry Pete's continued efforts, every single spiky angel around the man is very solidly on fire! It can rather easily be observed how the stabbing arm starts to blister and burn under the heat, and the queens mostly try to stay away from the sphere before their dresses begin sizzling, whacking at the stabbing arm whenever it gets in range.

"Well! That is all I have for now. Any other ideas?" Hungry Pete wonders, looking at you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 27, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »

Well, I can theoretically just summon queens until he dies. Or is lard flammable?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 27, 2014, 01:54:37 pm »

Well, I can theoretically just summon queens until he dies. Or is lard flammable?

"There's one way to find out!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 27, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

Let's test that out after this speedy gentleman dies, otherwise it could end in hilarious catastrophe.

Wait until the guy dies, I suppose? Summon more pork queens and direct them at him if he starts getting too close to us.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 244