Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256943 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Wild Magicking
« Reply #810 on: January 29, 2014, 03:53:39 pm »

((What kind of spells is Larry casting and can I get him to teach me?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »

((What kind of spells is Larry casting and can I get him to teach me?))

You, too, can obtain the power of breathing divine gentlemen's literature and potato vortexes! All it takes is an obscene amount of luck. Otherwise you'll just get something else.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 29, 2014, 04:01:43 pm »

"sweet, free grub."

collect the sausages. Nibble on one of the sausages, read my magazine once more while following clair

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 29, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »

((Hey, HEY!  Mine's a Champignon vortex- and a sweaty one at that.  Get it right!))

Larry grins.  "You might say there's more where that came from.  Now we'd like to sell it to you.  Interested?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 29, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

((Hey, HEY!  Mine's a Champignon vortex- and a sweaty one at that.  Get it right!))

Larry grins.  "You might say there's more where that came from.  Now we'd like to sell it to you.  Interested?"

"I'll give you... one dollar per mag."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 29, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

((I think I made an error in supply versus demand.  I suppose that's what I get for maxing out my pot roll.))

Larry raises an eyebrow.  "This new stuff's better, bro.  Check it out!"

Hand a new one to the clerk.  Also check one myself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

...and it doesn't help him conjure potato vortexes in any measurable way. Not as much as ridding himself of his filthy vestments might, anyway.

((Also, hah.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »

((we should find an open space and have a vortex-off))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 29, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »

Willy sighed. The sooner he could find the finger, the sooner he'd get better powers. And what lunatic child wouldn't want better powers?

"Hey, mister. Wanna help us find the Finger?"

"He'd better. As soon as we get the Finger, we're leaving this madhouse! Just like the one before."

Find the finger! Get powers!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 29, 2014, 08:38:44 pm »

((we should find an open space and have a vortex-off))

((Awesome as sweaty mushrooms are, I doubt Larry would go against Potato Hell.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 30, 2014, 04:49:25 am »

((I thought more that we should just shoot vortex after vortex into each other until something really sweet happens))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 30, 2014, 04:51:01 am »

((Why does that sound like the two of you are going to masturbate at each other until one person 'wins'?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:33 am »

Samuel, knowing that he has attained victory, gets up unsteadily and tries to go and find the others. He is... somewhat unsuccessful. Mostly because the streetlights keep barking at him and distracting him from what he is doing with their shining and raucous laughter. Also, he can see the moon from here - it looks really pissed for some reason, and more than a little bit red-faced. It sounds like it's singing about something - some kind of war, he thinks?

Clair, after briefly wondering what sort of Hamlet-esque plot you could enact with a set of envenomed hats, chooses the time-tested, seductive (though she has no way to know this, obviously) power of potatoes over any alternatives, and heads out to look for those dropout kids. John follows her, gazing into his magazine.

[John's mind roll: 6-->3+1]

His mind-wanderings are quite distracting, requiring Clair to keep a pretty close eye on him to make sure he's going in the right direction. But they are also fruitful, netting John a rather considerable number of spheres - four in total.

Spoiler: John's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

Eventually, the two reach the abandoned row of buildings near the factory district as instructed - it does indeed look mostly abandoned, and filled with low income housing projects that appear to have met a premature, unfortunate end - many look to be woefully unfinished. From the street, though, it's a bit difficult to tell where exactly one might find a bunch of dropouts, though Clair and John can spot some sort of light in some of the buildings - they are evidently not entirely without inhabitants.

What's more, the lack of both suspicious shadows and the ability to hear colors whispering in their minds lead the two wizards to believe that the effects of the dip may have worn off.

Larry, not entirely content with such a low price for such quality literature, even if he can theoretically produce infinite numbers of it, tries to persuade the pawnbroker that the stuff is really worth a better price.

"This new stuff's better, bro.  Check it out!" he says, grabbing a mag from the pile and handing it to the man, who looks inside it. Judging by his expression, Larry thinks that the dude might not be impressed.

"I... don't go for that kind of thing. Keep it," he says, offering it back to Larry, though Larry seems busy with some other mag - this one seems to feature nine different women, and has a very artistic theme to it. It's a little different from the one he read before - this one seems to focus purely on beauty, rather than have an undercurrent of brutality to it than the other one - for one, the ladies in this one don't seem to be killing anyone. Furthermore, there's no feature like that of Tiamat's, which Larry still wonders about a little. In addition, the magazine itself feels somehow... inspiring to him. And not in the usual way, either!

Willy guesses that this lack of power needs to be mitigated soon.

"Hey, mister. Wanna help us find the Finger?"

"Not really? It sounds a little icky, honestly."

Oh well. No accounting for weak stomachs in this line of work. Time to do some sensing! Willy moves forward to seek... the Finger! He stomps around the room, sniffing the air, but finds little of interest. Maybe it's behind a wall someplace?

"I sense it is around, Willy! But I don't know where!"

The fat guy seems to have an idea.

"Actually, I think I know where ya can try to look - I've heard o' this place, this school downtown, Mills High, was it? That place has got something weird in it. Like, some kind of great source of power. Maybe that's what yer looking for?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:06 am »

Go looking for something interesting or my 'friends', whichever I find first.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 30, 2014, 07:15:37 am »

"Hey Pete! Let's go! I've never been to a real school before!"

Let's go to school!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 244