Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256190 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:45 am »

"That's an awfully loaded argument you have there, but still...I'll drop dinosaurs at the city park, instead. Less crushing. I'm not a saint, but I don't want to hurt more people than I have to...

In any case, you certainly seem to have a better idea about magic than I do. Tell me what you know."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2013, 06:46:22 am »

"That's an awfully loaded argument you have there, but still...I'll drop dinosaurs at the city park, instead. Less crushing. I'm not a saint, but I don't want to hurt more people than I have to...

In any case, you certainly seem to have a better idea about magic than I do. Tell me what you know."

"I know that there's not much to know, at least as far as I know. Magic is something you feel, not know. I tried asking Archie once about what magic actually was, and he told me not to worry about it. I think he's right about that. Best way to do magic is to go with the flow, and I'm good at that. Go with the flow and you find leylines, get power, that sort of thing. I found mine yesterday, and it's been looking up from there on in. Got my spells, and I'm working on a robe, trying to get one of my buddies to make me a nice bookshelf, that kind of thing. And having fun in the meantime, of course. I like looking for other wizards especially. Most of 'em are funnier than you, though."

She glances over at your fridge.

"You've got anything to drink around here? I'm parched."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2013, 07:02:15 am »

"Hail, Mop Golems! We come in peace and music - I am from England, where such a musical greeting is a symbol of trust and friendship. Please, take us to your leader!"

See if the mops lead me somewhere. Also, prepare the hell out of Musical Garbage Blast.

((If I get jumpy it's getting swapped out to another spell OH YES IT IS))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2013, 07:03:01 am »

"I suppose my sanity will have to be the first thing to go if I'm to become more humorous, yes?

Anyway, I've whole milk, orange and cranberry juice, green tea and some coronas. Feel free to take what you like."
She said, very studiously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 04, 2013, 07:15:00 am »

"I suppose my sanity will have to be the first thing to go if I'm to become more humorous, yes?

Anyway, I've whole milk, orange and cranberry juice, green tea and some coronas. Feel free to take what you like."
She said, very studiously.

"Eh, sanity's a label, you know. Kinda meaningless when you can make extinct megafauna fall from the sky with a thought, no?"

She moves over to your fridge, quickly retrieving a beer. She opens it up and has a drink, swilling it in her mouth for a moment.

"Not very good, I'd say. Got anything stronger?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 04, 2013, 07:19:48 am »

"Um...there's a very old bottle of red wine in the back of the cupboard. I suppose I was saving it for my wedding day...or perhaps the Apocalypse.." She says with a sigh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 04, 2013, 07:47:00 am »

"Seriously, dude?  'Take me to your leader?'  You really said that?"  Larry shakes his head.

Follow along.  See if I can ascertain their motives.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 04, 2013, 07:47:01 am »

"Um...there's a very old bottle of red wine in the back of the cupboard. I suppose I was saving it for my wedding day...or perhaps the Apocalypse.." She says with a sigh.

"Yeah, that's a bit better, I guess. And I guess you could say the world's coming to an end. Isn't it always?" Perfidy says, quickly finding the bottle. She taps it with her fingers, and the bottle begins to shake violently in her hands.

"Now it's ready!" she says, opening the bottle quickly and taking a pretty large swig. Her eyes go wide as she swallows the drink, though she recovers quickly, holding the still shaking and thrashing bottle toward you.

"Want some? It's angry now!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 04, 2013, 07:59:40 am »

"Why not?" She said.

Action: Abandon all logic and drink the angry magic wine from the stranger I met a few minutes ago.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2013, 06:18:39 am »

So, anybody care to suggest something for Elizabeth to do? Like, say, swankifying a random hat?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2013, 06:35:05 am »

Roll a dice for her whatever number of spells she has to choose one at random, then pick six random targets in her area and roll a d6.

Instant Fun?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2013, 06:55:33 am »

Oh, crap! Sorry. I was visiting a friend from Friday on, and although I tried to check up on this I think I didn't notice the update due to Dwarmin RPing up half a page.

Demand explanations. Shake head. Follow group.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2013, 01:54:08 pm »

"Hail, Mop Golems! We come in peace and music - I am from England, where such a musical greeting is a symbol of trust and friendship. Please, take us to your leader!" Halesey says to the mop golems gathered. The golems stare at Halesey for a moment, then turn to each other, beginning to gesture rather oddly, making full use of the full articulation of their mop-based limbs.

"Seriously, dude?  'Take me to your leader?'  You really said that?" Larry mentions, shaking his head.

"What is the meaning of this?" Elizabeth asks, but nobody answers. She shakes her head disapprovingly, following Larry's example, and walks up to Halesey, who seems to be busily practicing his magical moves. The three wizards-to-be stand about for a moment, waiting for the mop golems to make a move. Or at least Halesey is waiting - he supposes the others are following him to no avail.

"Why not?" Kat answers Perfidy, grabbing the bottle she is offering, nearly losing her grip on it when the handoff is made. She takes a hearty swig, guessing that she is going to need it wherever she is going in life at this rate.

[Kat's body roll: 4+1]

As the wine passes through her esophagus, it kicks and thrashes wildly, causing Kat to twitch until it gets to her stomach, and not really letting up even then. She quickly plugs up the bottle, so as to not let the wine out, and grabs onto a counter for support as the angry wine slowly settles down, tamed by the elemental force of stomach acid.

"Good stuff, eh? Very good when you want a kick, but not really too much of a buzz. I tried reading Archie once when I was really drunk - didn't go well at all!"

She shakes her head, her eyes widening slightly to affirm the gravity of the predicament described.

"So... wanna go out someplace? This place kinda blows. Wine's good, though."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2013, 12:24:15 am »

"Let's go out for a night on the town!" Kat says, in a shaking drunken haze.

She actually hadn't enjoyed herself in the longest time...

Action: Put on my going out clothes. Time for some reckless abandon.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:22 am »

Advance through the mops! Unleash a musical garbage blast if attacked!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 244