Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248085 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: 101 Uses For Potatoes and Vortexes Thereof
« Reply #1575 on: May 15, 2014, 02:05:38 pm »

Larry hops up and grabs Halesey before he can do anything else.  "No time for that, man!  Time to go!"

He grabs Halesey by the arm and drags him to the most secluded of the alleyways.  "Hope you got your bag, big guy, because I got two words for you- eldritch cocaine."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 15, 2014, 03:26:15 pm »

John, spoiled for choice, decides to take the safe route and grabs his cellphone again, calling mister Lee.

"Say, mister lee. I'm at the location, but there are quite a few people here. How do I recognize who your friend is?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »

I chose Happy Smut Barrier and Sabotage Angel replacing Become Musical Cookies and Perfect Vinegar. I then cast Engulf in Enchanted Angel Ghosts on some dentures and cast Sabotage Angel on the ghosts.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 15, 2014, 04:03:26 pm »

"Yeah but dude, I need to ditch this dyed cash, man - I just robbed a bank with my potatoes and hadn't counted on the cash being dirty... If I get caught with that too..."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1579 on: May 15, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

((That was funny.))

Find some secluded place where I could safely cast Volley of Golden High Heels, like a back alley or similar. EDIT: Or at least a place that doesn't have many things I could break.

Cast Volley of Golden High Heels, aiming for some trashcans or a sturdy looking wall.

Spoiler: Eta (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:19:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 16, 2014, 07:46:10 am »

Larry shakes his head.  "What are you doing that for?  Here, whatever just hold out your bag; should just take a second."

Storm of Eldritch Cocaine go!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 16, 2014, 09:24:02 am »

John, spoiled for choice, decides to take the safe route and grabs his cellphone again, calling mister Lee.

"Say, mister lee. I'm at the location, but there are quite a few people here. How do I recognize who your friend is?"

"Can't really say, son, his looks and gender tend to vary a lot. He's kind of weird that way."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

"Can't really say, son, his looks and gender tend to vary a lot. He's kind of weird that way."

"Right, thanks anyway." John end the call, feeling slightly dissapointed. He walks up to the man playing the instrument.

"Excuse me, do you happen to be a friend of mister Lee?"

Go and introduce myself to the musician. If he isn't Lee's friend, start asking the other people the same question.

Spoiler: john (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:26 am »

Halesey, before going with Larry, insists on visiting the bathroom first. Larry, despite being very enthusiastic about the prospects of blasting eldritch cocaine at his friend as soon as possible, is unfortunately forced to face the simple fact that Halesey, despite not being exactly the most buff individual around, still has more than enough brawn to resist his attempts to him out into the street, and moves to the bathroom while mumbling justifications to his friend. He comes out a short while later, looking very disappointed and visibly bereft of all the ATM's orange-stained money. Larry, though dissatisfied at the way money disposal seems to have taken precedence over his business, picks up right where he left off and takes Halesey over to one of the secluded alleys of the area, the two of them standing behind a dumpster like kids who have just obtained their first free samples of meth.

"Hope you got your bag, big guy, because I got two words for you - eldritch cocaine," Larry says, but Halesey doesn't look all that impressed. Fortunately, he doesn't need to be yet. At Larry's urging, Halesey holds up the bag and lets his buddy get his hookup going.

[Larry's affinity roll: 1-->3+1]

A vein bulges on Larry's temple, pulsing as he tries to make it storm eldritch cocaine. The coke ain't coming, though. Larry wonders what the problem might be, honestly. Performance anxiety? Lack of cheering? His secret awareness of the fact that, since the spell seems quite good, it can't possibly work as good as advertised? A profound lack of answers to the question 'why bother'? Fear of the law getting wind (literally) of cocaine dealings in the area?

Dave has a wicked plan and, as one often does with wicked plans, sets it into motion immediately without any thought about the potential consequences. First of all, he tries to engulf a set of dentures in enchanted angel ghosts.

[Dave's affinity roll: 1-->2-1]

Rather predictably, he winds up with himself engulfed in infinitely repeating specters of angels, their fractal, ectoplasmic bodies wrapping around him, filling him with sensations of approaching death! Fortunately, Dave was prepared for this kind of eventuality. In fact, he has a spell for it now!

[Dave's affinity roll: 5-1]

Concentrating for a minute, he manages to reach out to the dead angels engulfing him and... adjusts them, so to speak. He notices them begin to fall apart - some suddenly snap in half and dissipate, some begin to twist in even more unnatural ways, while some others begin to look not entirely right in the head, so to speak. Most of them remain on Dave, though their effects seem to have changed slightly now.

[Dave's body roll: 5-1]

They're not particularly bothersome, at least. Dave's not quite as bothered by the icy chill of death now that it's spreading through him a second time. In fact, it feels a lot like the embrace of his dear old grandma, and she was pretty okay, if a little batty at times.

Eta, following in the footsteps of many wizards before her, tries to find a secluded place that nobody would mind if it was vandalized with a whole lot of golden footwear. Unfortunately, of all the alleys around, none are particularly secluded - on the other hand, none of them have all that much in terms of fragile content, so it's all good, she supposes as she walks into the alley - well, not so much a proper alley as a very small side street, really - and turns to a very impudent trashcan propped up in what looks like the rear entrance of some boutique. She puts out her hand and tries to summon up the power.

[Eta's affinity roll: 5+1]
[Eta's finesse roll: 6-->4]

Possibly because of her rather rested state, she finds the magic come easily to her - a whole clump of what look like solid gold high heels appear in her hand and immediately shoot toward the trashcan with minimal spread, smashing the can against the wall with the greatest of ease, and many of the shoes seem to be embedded in the wall from the power of the volley - furthermore, many of them seem quite bent from the impact. And, judging from the sound they made, they seem to indeed be metallic as well - all signs point to these golden high heels being the genuine article, pretty much.

John, unable to shove all the enormous responsibility of going up to a person and ask if they're here on behalf of a pawn shop wizard onto Mr. Lee's shoulders, walks up to the koto player and addresses them.

"Excuse me, do you happen to be a friend of mister Lee?" he asks, and the busker looks up. Disturbingly, the face that meets John clearly does not seem to belong to a human being. Rather, it seems to be that of a cow.

"Moo," it says and shakes its head. John nods slowly and starts to back away, but the busker grabs his hand, its brown and wet eyes meeting his as its black tongue shoots out of its mouth, poking its own snout for a moment before retreating back in. "Moo, I say," it adds in a flat manner, getting up and stepping over the koto, getting way up into John's personal space. The busker seems to be at least a full head taller than him, and its massive shade completely eclipses the morning sun above John's head.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 16, 2014, 11:36:12 am »

Generally pissed at my lack of progress, I cast all my spells except for 4,5,7, and 8. At the same time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 16, 2014, 11:59:39 am »

Larry scowled at this.  "Hang on, hang on, damn magic..."

Once more, with feeling!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 16, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

"Ah, yes, pardon my directness. Are you absolutely sure you do not know a Mister Lee? I was told to meet one of his friends here."

No need to be rude, thought John. Bovines can be deceptively smart

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 16, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »

"Ah, yes, pardon my directness. Are you absolutely sure you do not know a Mister Lee? I was told to meet one of his friends here."

No need to be rude, thought John. Bovines can be deceptively smart

The busker seems to think a moment, and then confidently shakes its head, and points to itself. "Moo," it then says.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 16, 2014, 01:20:07 pm »

" Ah, yes, I see. I am terribly sorry for interrupting your play. Allow me to make up for your lost time."

John, somehow throws about 20$ into the buskers basket/case/whatever, then goes to the man in the suit at the hotdog stand.

"excuse me sir, do you know a mister Lee?"

((Do you mind if I do these things without them being actual actions, but as those small conversation updates? You know, to speed things up a bit since I'm basically just looking for the right person? ))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 16, 2014, 01:32:55 pm »

Chant tuberlarly to aid Larry's summoning!
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 244