Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255145 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #3000 on: November 08, 2014, 02:49:17 pm »

Larry senses brilliance - not only his own brilliance, either. There's obviously a lot of untapped brilliance in these here salsa angels he's rocking all up in this joint. So the next obvious course of action is clear!

"Uh, sure.  Now hang on, missing something here..."

[Larry's affinity roll: 3+2+1]

Thrusting his holy, angelic fingers forth, he wishes well upon the angels he is sure are in this area, and his mind pushes outward along with his thoughts, stabbing into one of the nearby divine creatures and proceeding to pump it full of wondrous radiance until its internal fluids glow with stupendous good luck and exalted power - first to be illuminated is its skeleton, chunks of fruit and vegetables swimming in the great sac of sauce that form the greater body of the creature. Then the entire thing lights up, casting a large amount of light on the surroundings. It looks a little bit like a fruity fantasy jellyfish as it swells with great light and potential.

It is at this moment, under the bright, glorious light of magic, that Larry properly beholds the room - it is a bridge leading to a staircase, lined by elaborate metal guardrails on each side, the staircase leading down into a dark abyss.

Far off from the bridge are the actual walls of the chamber - engraved with images of glorious conquest, the stone or at least stonelike walls are rich in alcoves, in which Larry can faintly make out the twitching limbs of what he assumes to be his host, scratching at the walls in places, pumping things in others.

"Cool! You can see now, right?" his host wonders, and Larry notices that the sound's coming from a nearby tube pointing right at him.

THE DUNKER tells Pete to just go on ahead, as he has a better plan than to merely blunder into danger directly!

"Nah, you go in and tank, Pete, I'll be DPS. So yeah, charge away."

"I shall do as you suggest, but make sure the DPS is most impressive indeed, fair friend! For it is the depths of profligate hell that we may venture into in mere moments! Who knows what horrors await us within?" Pete idly wonders, pies orbiting around him fiercely. "But I have tarried enough! Time to show these people the Lord's power!"

He assumes a standing start position, then takes off at a sprint toward the factory entrance, forgoing a battle cry, but bringing the shield forward in any case. As he smashes the first scantily clad profligate aside, THE DUNKER begins to breathe heavily, concentrating on the power of the storm, his resolve to bring some next level vengeance on these people practically spilling out of his skull by the time Hungry Pete has plowed straight through the crowd and smashed through the flimsy entrance door, his pies filing in after him as their orbit becomes unfeasible.

The people in the parking lot, for their part, start to moan at the noise, and some of them start to move in the direction of the entrance.

Halesey, very uncharacteristically for someone who is a vortex, decides to solve his problem without the application of a vortex for once, unthinkable as that may be.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5-1]
[Halesey's finesse roll: 2+1+1]

The blast does indeed shoot out from his form, almost flying beneath the drunkard, a tin can winging him across the shoulder with a perfect D tone that reverberates through the dimension, the potatoes all around Halesey resonating harmonically. The drunkard, for his part, stirs a bit, opening one way.

"What the fuck was that? Is somebody... throwing shit at me?" he wonders aloud, still half-asleep.

John gets a slight bad feeling for some reason.

"Yo, book. I somehow get the idea that Menkau is in trouble. Do you know how to contact him?" he wonders as he peruses his contacts list.

~Menkau? I'm not sure you're supposed to know how to contact him. Information might be beyond your clearance,~ the book replies. John's eyes run through his list of contacts, which includes Shauna, some people he's not sure he remembers, and Trey and Luz, for what it's worth, plus something dubbed 'Adventure'. John's not quite positive what that contact's for, but he's fairly sure he must have been real drunk when he added it. ~But hey, maybe if you click your heels together or something and wish really hard, maybe something will work out? Dunno.~

Dave, upon being prodded, elaborates further on his ambitions of being encapsulated.

"Maybe being brought in sync with both you and the dimension itself so I can deal with it on a more direct level. And, if possible, the guy in my mind. I want to have a legit talk with him in the mindscape or whateves."

"In sync? Whaddaya mean? You're already in sync with me, dude. At least spatially and temporally. This is about as close to understanding and controlling this realm as you're about to get without doing, like, quests or something. Maybe make another planet for me? That moon's a bit erratic. Or hey, bring more wizards in here. That might be pretty cool."

As if to further the point, the Gremlin Moon plops out of existence in the distance. You're not sure when it reappeared last.

"As for guys in your head, can't really help there. Probably better if you work that out between yourselves."

~Yes, dear boy, you want some mindscapes, you can go right ahead and ask me directly. Mindscapes is literally what I do.~

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 08, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »

"Cool. Let's have a good heart to disembodied magical force."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 08, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

"Cool. Let's have a good heart to disembodied magical force."

~Any preferences, bud, or should I just go nuts?~

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 08, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »

"There we go.  Yeah, sweet bridge and shit, yo.  What's down the stairs?"

((Is the light constantly shining from said salsa angel or was it a flash that's fading?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 08, 2014, 04:48:40 pm »

"There we go.  Yeah, sweet bridge and shit, yo.  What's down the stairs?"

((Is the light constantly shining from said salsa angel or was it a flash that's fading?))

Light's looking pretty constant. Whatever power source is making that angel thing glow, you're fairly sure it's not fading presently.

"You'll just have to go downstairs and find out, dude! It's pretty cool, if I may say so myself."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 08, 2014, 04:59:02 pm »

DUNKER huffs. DUNKER puffs! DUNKER's face goes magenta! It deepens to violet! He lets out a belch of ear-shattering proportions! Bring on the storm!

UNLEASH THIS ROILING POWER INSIDE MY COLON! ELECTRIC WATERMELON STORM!

On the profligate people of course.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 08, 2014, 08:23:47 pm »

"Well I don't know... What about you Charles? You got any mindscape preferences."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 08, 2014, 08:51:50 pm »

"What the hell, right?"

Might as well descend.  After the past few days there's not much more weird that can be.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 09, 2014, 04:04:07 am »

"Well I don't know... What about you Charles? You got any mindscape preferences."

Charles, from what you can tell, would probably prefer someplace comfortable and not overly stressful to discuss things, since it's probably better if one is not disoriented and distracted by some kind of bizarre abortion of imagination when the actual goal is to communicate and converse on some topic. It's just inefficient, you know? But he's open to persuasion on this if you really wouldn't mind something bizarre, since comfort is clearly a secondary concern when dealing with sorcerous matters. Maybe comfortable discussions would run against the very spirit of the thing, he's not sure. Better not ask for snacks to be available, either. That seems like it could only go wrong.

DUNKER huffs. DUNKER puffs! DUNKER's face goes magenta! It deepens to violet! He lets out a belch of ear-shattering proportions! Bring on the storm!

UNLEASH THIS ROILING POWER INSIDE MY COLON! ELECTRIC WATERMELON STORM!

On the profligate people of course.

[Your affinity roll: 1-->1+1+1]

Your belch has a distinctly watermelony taste, along with the distinct pinpricks of faint electric discharges, and for a moment you wonder what might have gone wrong here, but your thoughts are interrupted by a watermelon aimed squarely at your colon, smashing into you from behind and sending your jiggling body to the ground with a terrible mechanical and electric shock.

[Your body roll: 5-1]

As the vibrations of your adipose tissue and the pain rushing through your nerves subsides, you slowly get back up, disappointed that you seem to have become purple for practically nothing just then. That's what you get for trying to prolong the moment, you suspect. If only you did not feel the sudden need to actually prepare for what you were going to do next!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:16:42 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 09, 2014, 07:24:03 am »

"Ah well, Menks is a big boy, he can handle himself. Thanks anyway, book."

John eyes the "adventure" number suspiciously for a moment, and then shrugs.

"Well, no sense in starting to make logical decisions at this point. He who dares."

Call the adventure contact.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:45 am »

"You got it buddy! Hey voice! Maybe tone down the distracting multidimensional weirdness."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 09, 2014, 01:56:50 pm »

Well. That's what I get for preparing.

Again, Electric Watermelon Storm the masses, only this time no belching!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3012 on: November 09, 2014, 05:57:29 pm »

"Well, there was this rather obese man that came in here and made a floating glowing can appear out of thin air. But last time I heard of him they were... having a conversation with him in the back room. But he looked harmless enough. Just a man obsessed with doughnuts that likes to make silly but ultimately harmless things appear out of thin air."
Unless that's just what he wants people to think...
"Other than that, I can assure you that no magic took place in my presence (to my knowledge) during my stay here. Why? Did he come back and do anything to the lobby? Filled it with garbage?"
"Tell me about the donut man." Little Tay merely says.
"Yes, certainly, I was-"
But wait. He isn't giving me anything. I can't just give up information like that.
"Wait a second. If I tell you, will you then tell me why you want to know so badly?"
After all, Eta was still a journalist.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 10, 2014, 05:00:48 am »

”Yes, they are!” cries Halesey, ”It is a Holy Wake-up! You’ve been totally called, dude! God wants to give you a Sacred Potato.”

Musical Garbage Blast him from underneath again!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 11, 2014, 06:53:24 am »

Well. That's what I get for preparing.

Again, Electric Watermelon Storm the masses, only this time no belching!

[Your affinity roll: 6-->3+1]

You have cracked the weakness of the previous method, as clearly premature release of tension is obviously counter to proper practice of magic! And when you decide to hold it in this time, you find that watermelony lightning come much more easily to you than before - little surprise there, naturally. At your call, electric watermelons appear from the aetheric realms (or, rather, the electrified watermelon realms) in the midst of the crowd, flying every which way - one muscular, shambling man is struck across the head, cracking both it and the watermelon with equal results! Another woman is struck in the back and snapped cleanly in half! And then there's just too many watermelons and too much spontaneous injury to even begin to pinpoint individual cases. The crowd is getting decimated with blunt force and electric discharge. Something about this strikes you as a little odd, though you can't quite place why.

"Yes, certainly, I was-"
But wait. He isn't giving me anything. I can't just give up information like that.
"Wait a second. If I tell you, will you then tell me why you want to know so badly?"
After all, Eta was still a journalist.

Little Tay thinks a moment. But only a moment.

"Yes," he says.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:03:35 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 244