Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 248726 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #3420 on: March 11, 2015, 09:19:12 am »

"Right, yeah. Sure. What could possibly go wrong, eh?"

Go meet Charlie in Greenblatt park. Act casual.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49:28 am »

"Another... name?  Larry Malone's the full thing.  Or you could try Cal.  Or do Halesey- kinda wondering what he's up to.

"Larry... Malone... hm. I'm feeling that one, yeah. And specific, too, uh... not sure if that's a good thing? Best not to think too much, my ma always said..."

[Mind roll: 5+1]

You blink, and suddenly everything's gone. There's only you. One, two, three... four of you. Each is you. One of you steps back into you, and you flash with a golden light. A second one follows, and you bathe the void in radiance. A third cannonballs into you from above, and then you splash, spill everywhere, collapsing into a cloud of you that disperses, growing thinner, ever thinner...

You blink. The wick-headed man stands before you. Mrs. Lady is still insensible. Something is different now. Three new things vie for dominance in your head. All three are you.

Spoiler: Your New Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

You look at the wick-headed man. You don't think he actually said anything just now.

"So, uh, yeah. That's a thing. Hey, lady, you want to see the trick, too?" he asks of Mrs. Lady. "What's your name?"

"Oh, huh, what?" Mrs. Lady looks at him, startled. "My name's Tracey. Yeah. Sorry. Got distracted. There was this..."

"Flame, yeah. So, Tracey, let's see..."

Tracey twitches as the wick-headed man looks at her. Her body starts to convulse, blood starts coming out of her nose and streaming from under her glasses. She doubles over while remaining on her knees, the contents of her stomach coming right out in a stream of projectile vomit.

"Uh, whoops. Are you, er, okay?"

Tracey does appear to be stable after a moment, or at least not bleeding or vomiting quite as much, though she's certainly in a bad way.

"... why?" she asks accusatorily.

"Sorry, I just, er, overdid it, I guess?"

She coughs for a moment, trying to clear up her throat, then sits back further away from the newly-made puddle of her internal fluids.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: March 11, 2015, 10:36:42 am »

Larry grinned.  Custom spells, and he didn't have to give up any memories for it!  Cool deal.  Too bad that chick just puked everywhere.  Ugh.

"Thanks buddy!  Have a hat on me."

Spew some hats everywhere.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

((I need another mind point to stow more spells.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: March 11, 2015, 10:43:47 am »

((quick question, because I haven't follwed other people's stories quite as well as I should have. Is that Tracey the same as John met?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45:51 am »

((The text is the same color, so I'd assume so.  Looks like she's run into some trouble.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48:44 am »

((Fuck. I seriously can't have john lose another friend. I'm already at down 3 friends. 4 if you count Lee. 6 if you count the two players who went AWOL. ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: March 11, 2015, 10:55:51 am »

((Remind me not to become friends with John :P)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:09 am »

((Fuck. I seriously can't have john lose another friend. I'm already at down 3 friends. 4 if you count Lee. 6 if you count the two players who went AWOL. ))

You should make more durable friends.

Also, that was the last update for Larry before the update. Wouldn't want to clog the thread too much.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 11, 2015, 11:40:17 am »

1. Why are you here and not someplace else?
This is where my host body turned to underwear
2. What’s your name?
Charles Suilla
3. What color do you identify yourself with?
Pink
4. Describe yourself.
A pig that used to be the leg and confidante of Great Mage and High Priest of the True Denture: Dave David Davidson
5. What do you like/love/enjoy?
Mud, food, literature.
6. What do you dislike/hate/fear?
Barbecuers
7. In terms of occult or obscure power and knowledge, who would you like most to resemble (fictional people included)?
Erymanthian Boar

Body: 2
Finesse: 0
Mind: 2
Affinity: 2

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:42 am »

Into the waitlist you go!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:11 am »

Fair enough; spellcasting means major update anyway usually.

And I like the character concept!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3431 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:37 pm »

A good person admit their mistakes and tries to fix them instead of sticking with a wrong choice. ... An even better person would not feel the need to point that out.
"Maybe you're right. I do not know all those things you do, unfortunately. And I am not one to deny my mistakes."

"Still, if they see you and me waiting at their door, wouldn't they just turn around and run away?
And you said it yourself that this block has been optimized for the times of its occupants, but since the ma- shade I am looking for is not a regular occupant, couldn't that mean that there is a chance he arrives later? Wouldn't that give them enough time to... I dunno, use a cellphone or one of those screens to alert the one I'm looking for?"

Could I perhaps open the door just enough to break the soundproof seal? Or are there magnets/magic involved preventing me from doing that?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: March 11, 2015, 02:56:29 pm »

((bother, I need to find my last character sheet.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: March 11, 2015, 02:58:26 pm »

Fair enough; spellcasting means major update anyway usually.

And I like the character concept!
It's good right? 'Cause 'suilla' is latin for pork. Pun pun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 244