Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uniforms  (Read 1081 times)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Uniforms
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:50:09 pm »

Recently started playing this mod and so far I've had a blast. Been playing it safe with some traps for a while now but as my military is starting to gain som experience I want to deck them out with some useful items (especially armor).

So far I've let them use whatever in both armor and weaponry (to let them get some experience while not murdering eachother with throws) but that's obviously not optimal since they tend to grab copper swords etc.

I've managed to grab various armors off of merchants and there seems to be more variation than in vanilla. So how do I actually go about designing uniforms for my squads? Are there any armors I want to layer on top of each other or do I only have to pick one for each bodypart? Also since I don't have many sets of the same stuff, is there any good way to get most of it used without huge micromanagement? and what sort of uniforms are you guys using?
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 01:00:57 pm »

Well, you got clothing, padded clothing, chain and shaped armors.

Best thing is padded armor + plate armor on top. The high grade leathers are also awesome for civilian clothing... make rigid scaleplate or lamellar cloaks for everyone. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 01:06:39 pm »

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »

Does the extra strength of tough hides carry over into lamellar leather?

I am still trying to work out what animal gives the most utility for a fort. I am currently leaning towards tuskoxen but pekyts could be real useful if tough leather is made into even tougher lamellar leather.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 02:33:35 pm »

Thats not exactly how it works. Its Leather => Tough Leather => Studded Leather => Lamellar.

The tough leather from pekyts simply starts with the first upgrade included.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::