Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Kingdom wars: the Rebuilding of Civilization and Empires [SG, updated 25/9]  (Read 3594 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom wars: the Rebuilding of Civilization and Empires [SG, updated 25/9]
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 08:42:35 am »

Wait, are GP the same as $s? Or does GP stand for something else?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 09:21:21 am »

Wait, are GP the same as $s? Or does GP stand for something else?
GPs means government points. It is the capacity of your realm to do things. Presumably, you need people to deliver orders, design things, procure material, recruit workers, smooch important guests, and of course, court rivalry. So more important people in realm = less governing capacity.

The library improves it as people understands the use of language better, and also fosters a larger literate population.

$ is, $. Soldiers need pay, craftsmen need pay. Its not your important men don't, but they are assumed to have the means to feed themselves and their household.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »

Huh.

Rorikson heads out to war, I guess.
Everyone else continues as they are.

If we have the GP for it send Jack the spy to scout out the enemy force and surrounding landscape, namely locations that are easily defensive. Priority to finding positions that would be easily holdable by the -enemy-.

Rally all local troops and march to meet the enemy!
...if we have army scouts have them scout ahead with the same objectives as Jack, if we don't, no biggie.

Also rouse the Urdinaka town guard (independent of the military, I'm assuming) and have them prepare for a siege (check foodstuff, fortify defenses). We can't spare any money for now so tell them it's possible but not likely.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 09:41:22 pm »

Huh.

Rorikson heads out to war, I guess.
Everyone else continues as they are.

If we have the GP for it send Jack the spy to scout out the enemy force and surrounding landscape, namely locations that are easily defensive. Priority to finding positions that would be easily holdable by the -enemy-.

Rally all local troops and march to meet the enemy!
...if we have army scouts have them scout ahead with the same objectives as Jack, if we don't, no biggie.

Also rouse the Urdinaka town guard (independent of the military, I'm assuming) and have them prepare for a siege (check foodstuff, fortify defenses). We can't spare any money for now so tell them it's possible but not likely.

1. Its too late for Jack to move around.
2. In fact they are coming straight at the palisades!!!

Combat Situation (too lazy do draw anything):

The enemy is marching straight at the palisades. The good thing is the palisade is built on a small hill, but the bad thing is that the small hill is much lower than the surroundings. That means they got high ground and they will concede that soon to charge onto your own men.

Order of battle:
Your forces:
400 Regular Spearmen @ 6 = 2400
400 Regular Archers @ 8 = 3200
Rorikson: 6
Total Strength 5606

Enemy forces:
200 Green Spears @ 3 = 600
100 Regular Shock Infantry @ 8 = 800
200 Green Archers @ 4 = 800
Shiskim: 30 (What a fine warrior he is. As strong as six spearmen!)
Total Strength = 2230

Give the people some strategy, or they will fall back to a default strategy (i.e. hold position and fire)

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 11:35:37 pm »

Well bawls.

Not quite sure how the hill is a little lower, but I can work with that.

Archers on palisades, fire at will towards the center of the enemy lines until they charge, then fire towards the front.

Have 100 spearmen on the wall, spread out among the archers; shields up for counter fire. If they don't have shields just pick up some wood blocks or whatever. If the enemy have ladders, ropes, have the closest person push the damned things away when possible.
If not possible the spearmen should get ready to gangstabface anything that comes up ladders and whatnot.

Open the front door and make it look inviting.
Remaining spearmen form up lines to the left and right of the gate and get ready to stabface.

...Actually, have, like, 50 archers or so stand right outside the open doors and shoot until the enemy charge, then fall back to the safety of the spear walls.

I seriously doubt they're going to fall for it but hey. Every little bit counts.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 05:23:09 am »

Odd how they (we) didn't build the defensive fortification on the most defensive spot, but hey, what do you know.

Defend. We have a defensive location will superior numbers of soldiers. Man the walls and fend them off.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »

PTW
Pages: 1 2 [3]