Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the Mod: 3 votes for next features.

Biologist: Study killed enemies for permanent buffs against that species.
Thaumaturg: Magical items and/or item sets.
Religion Overhaul: Introduce priests and high-priests, blessing of items, and warlock-specific reactions.
Warlock Overhaul: Balance the race... remove rot and fire, add new abilities.
Ore Processor: Adds a refining step to metalproduction, allows fix for slag bars in moods.
Arbalest & Trebuchet Overhaul: Different ammos and special effects, like AoE ammo.
Trap Engineer Overhaul: Boobytraps with AoE, Darthrowers, Unique Trapcomps.
Landmine Overhaul:  Remove Landmines, make changeling to berstling in warpstone lab. Moving, breeding, no toolkits required.
Magic Overhaul: Summon creatures and just MOAR of it.
 Megabeasts: Add a reward, soul and trophy to all of them. Add "revive beast with soul", so you either get a legendary skill OR a friendly megabeast.
Glazing Overhaul: Make metal, gem and ash glazes, allow glazing of each indiviual item. Decorational only.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: MDF V.3g - PATCH FIX - Crashfix, Overhaul of Millstone, Magic, Embassy  (Read 7822 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Spoiler: Patch Details: (click to show/hide)

tl;dr: Crashfix, Bugfix, more announcements, better embassy, better weapons/armor merchant, seperation of quern/millstone, better inventor, 3 new poisons.

Notes: FIXED THE ADD-SPATTER.DLL CRASH.

This is the main reason for this release. Two crashes in total are fixed, lets see if there are more sources that I havent found yet. Actually, that falconne and ag havent found yet. They were a great help locating and fixing the issue. In addition to that I fixed most of the reported bugs, changed some balancing here and there, cleaned up the kobold mode a bit, and finally have a 100% success rate when you do guild transformation, golem, mage, prison... hope no one has to waste any more ressources because of that.

I did add a few new things as well. The inventor now retains the original item and can make weapon copies of gem or metal, and armor copies of leather or metal. The Toxicologist has three new poisons, working against only good creatures, only evil creatures, or only underground creatures, which includes the underground siegers. Urists Steel Emporium has a trade-token system now, which allows selling and buying weapons and armor of all materials. More info about that below, its a bit tricky to manage ingame. If its too micromanagy, I will remove it. The millstone has completely changed. Instead of pointlessly doing with power what the quern does for free, the millstone now grinds stones into sand or base minerals, bones into bonemeal and rock items into dust. It was brought to my attention that the mod has a way of disposing all kinds of items, but rock was not among them. Here you go, you can destroy any surplus stone item with the millstone. :)

A rather big new feature has been added to the embassy. You can invite friendly goblin and orc traders for additional trading. Gnomes no longer arrive by themselves, you have to invite them, otherwise you will never see a gnome caravan. And most important: The Legion Quartermaster. You can call for a legionnaire supply wagon for 10,000 gold. They will arrive with highly trained legionnaires and mages and wreck havok on each enemy they find. You can of course trade with them as well, but these guys are mostly to help you with sieges. Balancing feedback on this feature is most welcome.

The mod also has a ton of custom announcements now, in the same style that I introduced the announcements for the research system. All kinds of mod-specific items now let you know when they are created. This ranges from "A dining room set has been finished in the Furniture Shop", over "Something has mutated in the Warpstone Pool" to "Armok is pleased by your prayers." This feature can easily be extended or dimed down, depending on user feedback. It shouldnt spam you full of messages, but help you notice important events and tells you when a very slow reaction is finished, like armorsets that require 20 reagents.

Oh, and a rather big balancing impact is done by a small change. Guild-members and mages will appear naturally now. At embark and as migrants, with a rate of ~2/3 normal dwarves, ~1/3 guild members and a few singular mages.

And because it has been ages since I got a friendly message from paypal: Please donate if you want to support MasterworkDF.  :)

Dfhack
 - crashfix1.lua, by ag. If you have a save that seems lost, run "crashfix1" in the dfhack window. It has a chance to help, depending on the type of crash.
 - Fixed add-spatter buffer overflow, which resultet in a 100% crash at embark for some people. Also done by ag.

Orc Fortress & Kobold Camp
 - Kobolds can seperate bone stacks now.
 - Kobolds can now make bone items from seperated bone stacks.
 - Kobolds can boil bones to extract the bone marrow, resulting in 1 edible marrow per bone.
 - Fixed kobold plywood reaction.
 - Added seperate bonestack fix to Kobold Mode. They need it more then the dwarves.
 - Removed "cook critter" from kobolds, since live vermin reagents are bugged. (vanilla, nothing I can do to fix it)
 - Fixed plaster and pearlash reactions for orcs and kobolds.
 - Fixed Kobold ":Redeem chips (1000) for a mystery price" reaction.
 - Fixed Kobold buildmats for Ice Sculptor and Honeyant Farm.
 - Fixed Kobold "Umber Hulk Reward reaction" in the arena.
 - Kobolds can now compact peat in the screw press.

Manual
 - Updated, but nothing really new.

GUI
 - Even more broken then before :P
 - (Cant mod the UI atm, will all be fixed in 1 month when I am back in Germany)

Bugfixes & Balancing
 - Removed the generic "mill plants" reaction, its broken, couldnt quite figure out why. A specific reaction for milling each type of plant exists. If you play with "More Plants", you can use the title reaction, the "===== SKILL MILLING/PRESSING ====" to mill them. Yes, behind this is the old vanilla reaction that uses the wrong skill. Dont ask.
 - Added missing seeds for elvish good plants.
 - Fishing poles and fishing nets are now stockpiled under tools with material "fishing supplies"
 - Added missing spore-tree sapling for tree farming.
 - Fixed announcement for coin-mint research.
 - Removed "ITEM_TESTME" the wooden crate item that was leftover from testing.
 - Allowed all normal armor to be made from bone and shell in the craftsdwarf.
 - Added chainmal version of all armor. can be worn under normal armor.
 - Added thrones, chairs, doors, armorstands, cabinets, weaponracks and chests from blocks to the stonecutter. Helps color coding the fort.
 - Fixed: Kiteshields from steel were adamantine. O_O
 - Fixed: Rockforge needed Glassforge Discovery.
 - Fixed black and white wand making reagents. Was feather/glumprong plant mat instead of wood log.
 - Fixed make ink from dye reaction.
 - Put soapmaker back as default.
 - Removed kite shields from gem.
 - Wolfram runes on armor that add NOSTUN caused dwarves never to wake up. I added NO_SLEEP to them as well.
 - Furniture Sets and Stonecutter now make items from blocks.
 - Rare goods merchant sells/buys feather and glumprong logs.
 - Hopfully fixed all mage transformations.
 - Hopefully fixed all guild transformations. Testing showed a 7 from 7 rate.
 - Hopefully fixed temple sacrificing. Testing showed a 7 from 9 rate.
 - Moved brewery reaction for mead to brewery. it ended up in the still by accident.
 - Creating coke now has a chance to leave ash. (50% for 2 ash in the blast furnace, 50% for 1 ash in the smelter)
 - Crematory Ash/Coke chance raised from 20/15% to 50/25% success rate. Burn 10 items => 5 ash and 2-3 coke.
 - The Tailor can now cut cotton, wool or silk into "cloth pages", which can be written on. For scriptorium, printingpress, blueprints...
 - Paper is now pressed from smoothed wood, not rough wood.
 - Fixed seperate/separate typo.
 - Fixed merchant reactions with drinks/poisons in barrels from overflowing.
 - Raised value of hearts.
 - Quills now have a 75% chance of getting preserved.
 - Glue for binding books now has a 75% chance of getting preserved.
 - Notebooks can now be used up to 20 times before they are full.
 - Fixed a bug where possessed dwarves that are "cured" by the ward of armok still turn crazed after a while. Only the transformation to the beast was prevented, not the crazed tag. Big thanks to the person that reported this, otherwise I'd never have found this.
 - Dwarves sacrificed in the temple now transform shortly into a "sacrifice to armok", followed by a "heartless dwarf corpse", with custom sprites. They leave a "still beating bloody dwarven heart" instead of a real corpse, which can still be buried. I just wanted to make it a bit more interesting then just "dwarf a has died".
 - Secret-Fun dwarves now dont join guilds/mages anymore, and instead "refuse to join a guild and act very suspiciously"
 - Disease-carrying Patient-Zero dwarves dont join guilds/mages anymore, and instead "are too sick to learn new things"
 - Elves got tin and Drow got zinc as a cheap metal for crafts. This way not every single tradegood is Mithril/Bloodsteel.
 - Lobotomized dwarves can no longer join guilds/become mages, which would have healed them.
 - Dwarves that carry a disease or are a secret threat no longer join guilds/become mages, but will act suspiciously if you try to transform them.
 - Merchant Stalls now use the Negotiations skill. Use workshop profiles to chose your workers.
 - The diamonds from the screwpress and the artificial gems from the alchemist are now rough, not cut gems.
 - Added "fill magma bottle" and "fill tanker with magma" to many more magma workshops.
 - The Warbeast Kennels can now neuter (make sterile) pets if you want. Uses animalcare skill, needs no reagents. Neuters one pet that is pastured on the warbeast kennels.
 - Updated some tiles for the Masterwork Tileset. Kobold Bulb and the extra inorganics.
 - Deleted old glazing system, which was partially broken and not very intuitive.
 - All spiders have their wait-time for webs increased from 30 ticks to 300 ticks. 10 times longer intervalls before they can shoot webs again.
 - Added version number to start menu. (Play MasterworkDF V.3g)
 - Changed bloated tuber biomes, should be more accessable now.
 - Removed war-train tag from inactive golems. If you play orcs, dwarves will no longer arrive with those.
 - Coal dusts can now be identified if you are quick. "You have struck lignite dust" would be a sure sign.
 - Fixed reagent ID for bone ammo in fletcher. Thanks Broshep Stalin, you had to remind me only twice. ^^
 - Dwarves can now make rock fireplaces in the craftsdwarves shop.
 - Moved leather rope, feather quills and feather matrasses to the tanners shop. (were in craftsdwarf)
 - Added 13 new items that can be made from gem, bonestacks or single bones. Large pots, mortar, pestle, jugs(2), candelabra, brazier, fireplace, hive, nestbox, weapon hilt, weapon blade, weapon head, smoking pipe. In Stonecutter and Gemcutter.
 - Rebalanced herbalists good/evil plant reactions.
 - Amber can now be used in the craftsdwarf to make crafts.
 - Wax can now be used in the craftsdwarf to make a statue. Madame Urists Wax Cabinet. :)
 - Alchemist can now transmute Nickel and Vanadium as well.
 - Blast Furnace can now make batches of nickel bars and vanadium bars.
 - The Boneyard has been renamed to Bonecutter's Workshop and moved to the Gemcutter/Stonecutter.
 - Ironbone and Bloodsteel making has been moved from the Bonecutter to the Alchemist.

Important: Slight change in Skills and Labors.
 - Runesmith is gone. Runes are now done by the Engraver.
 - Stone Detailing has been renamed to "Stone & Rune Engraving".
 - Merchant Stalls now use the Negotiator skill. A social skill of dwarves, so use workshop profiles to control the use of merchant stalls.
 - Tanner is back, again doing everything in the Tanners Shop.
 - The reason for this is a mildly confusing fix for a crash, the resulting balancing changes, and a bug-fix for the "tanner build be ambassador"-bug.
 - Small Animal Dissection is now called Creature Disscetion. Used for small animal dissection and future biologists lab & autopsies.
 - Dyer is now called "Dyer & Painter", to make it clearer that the painters workshop is done by it as well.

New Feature: Custom Announcements
 - Many parts of the mod now give an announcement to the player.
 - Forging a two-handed weapon, platearmor or sets of items, unpacking crates, expeditions, mages, guilds...
 - Announcements are in the line of "A dwarf has joined a guild" or "A golem has been created".

New Feature: Embassy & The Mighty Dwarven Legion
 - A new civ you will see in worldgen: The Dwarven Legion.
 - The Legion has no active seasons and will never send diplomats, caravans or sieges.
 - You can call a "Legion Supply Wagon" for 10000 gold at the embassy. It will spawn a small caravan with bodyguards.
 - These bodyguards are super-buffed up legionnaires or mages with good gear and natural fighting skills till up to legendary.
 - Use your Legion-Hit Squad to fight ambushes and sieges. You can also trade with the Quartermaster if you like.
 - Feedback required for better balancing. :)
 - The Embassy is now required to trade with Gnomes. They no longer come automatically, you have to invite them by reaction.
 - The Embassy can also invite Goblin and Orc Merchants. These slightly more civilized specimens are friendly and will trade with you.

Workshop Overhaul: Urist's Steel Emporium
 - New System for Trading: Trade Tokens that keep the material.
 - Allows not only steel, but the buying and selling of all materials.
 - It can get very confusing as soon as you have tokens of multiple materials. If it turns out that it is too hard to micromanage, I will reduce the workshop back to steel-only, just as it was before.

Workshop Overhaul: Quern & Millstone
 - Quern and Millstone no longer have the same reactions. The reason for this is that (almost) everyone always builds querns, and disregards the millstone which needs power. There was no advantage to building a millstone. This has now changed.
 - Querns mill soft materials. Mostly plants into dye, flour or sugar.
 - Millstones mill hard materials. Rocks/Gems into sand or glaze powder, Rock items into dust. (Destroy them)
 - Moved "Grind rock into sand" and "Grind rock(3) for base minerals" from Stonecutter to the millstone.
 - Moved all bonemeal reactions from Slaughterhouse to the millstone.

Workshop Overhaul: Inventors Workbench
 - Invented items keep the material of the metal used, instead of being blank.
 - The spring-steel precision tool is now preserved 90% of the time instead of 50%.
 - Making a copy preserves the original. This way artefacts dont get destroyed, and the original does not change materials like before.
 - All weapons can now be copied using either metal or gems.
 - All armors can now be copied using either metal or leathers.

Workshop Overhaul:Toxicologist
 - Three new poisons: Liquid Sun, Glumprong Resin, Feather Resin.
 - Make sun berry poison (hurts cavern creatures) => Made from sun berries, a good plant.
 - Make glumprong resin poison (hurts good creatures) => Made from a glumprong log, an evil tree.
 - Make feather resin poison (hurts evil creatures) => Made from a feather log, a good tree.
 - All three cause massive pain, as well as a selection of random negative effects with a 7% chance on each hit.
 - As always you can coat ammo, traps or weapons with it.

Workshop Overhaul:Magic and Supernatural

- Supernatural buildings removed, only Megabeast Cell remains, renamed to Megabeast Kennels.
 - The reason for this is that most of the reactions fit into the magic system and I dont want to add 5 buildings for nothing.
 - Black Altar can now make werebeasts, vampires and undeads.
 - White Altar can now cure vampirism.
 - Fire Altar can now start fires on the map. Everywhere.
 - Air Altar can now control the weather.
 - Earth Altar can now regrow grass and trees.
 - Researching these 6 magical altars has been moved to the Wizards School. I just think it fits better then with the researcher. The reactions are the same.

Ideas for the next release - Please vote on the poll above.
 - Biologist: Study killed enemies for permanent buffs against that species.
 - Thaumaturg: Magical items and/or item sets.
 - Religion Overhaul: Introduce priests and high-priests, blessing of items, and war
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:24:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile

Good, I've suggested to make every foreign caravan come only by request for Kobold Camp also. You probably know that I'm not very interested in playing Dwaves yet...
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A very nice round up of tweaks and fixes. Your efforts are legion.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is awesome!
starting a new fort!
i can't but feel that even for the experienced dwarfs amongst us starting MDF is a bit daunting, even with the guide. 

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can you mix poisons or can only one be active at a time?

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent! Downloading this now.

Meph as to the grazing button bug, just flip the label!
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1

- Millstones mill hard materials. Rocks/Gems into sand or glaze powder, Rock items into dust. (Destroy them)
The millstone can still mill soft stuff too right? Wouldn't make sense it couldn't do both.

Did you add a skill requirement to kobold unpack loot reactions?
Did you add clay pots to the kiln and batch kiln?
Kobold could use some form of chain armor too :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:39:27 pm by silentdeth »
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Mighty Dwarf Legion may be a tad much in the worldgen.  Interesting concept using the caravans as a mercenary force for hire but they seriously keep smacking the living daylights out of the other races they run into. Frost giants were about only thing that gave them any trouble and that meant only winning something like 132 out of 134 engagements.

I don't suppose there is any way to either restrict them in world gen to being ignored and ignoring every other civ or similar?  They seem a tad impacting against the other races to me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I thought about that, I hoped that no active seasons would mean that they dont fight... but that seems not to count in worldgen. I will see what I can do to make them weaker, but honestly, I cant think of much. Besides making them weaker. Maybe restrict the max number of them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- Thaumaturg: Magical items and/or item sets.
- Warlock Overhaul: Balance the race... remove rot and fire, add new abilities.

I couldn't find the poll, so I vote for this. ^

Thank you, Meph. The update log looks impressive. And the magic buildings are beautiful.
You didn't write what the water altar does. I would like it to spawn a friendly swimming creature, like a mermaid or a whale. ^_^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thank you. I completely forgot the poll. And I didnt write anything for the water altar, because it does not do anything. Yet.

And LOL. I just noticed that I have a leftover from testing... "Sacrifice a dwarf to Armok" is in the still as well as the temple. For unknown reasons I find that funny  :D

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*lol* so far it looks like I'm the only one interested in the ore processor *chuckle*
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

marc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im watching fortress and hamlets of the dwarf Legion,they look nice and have some goodies :D
size dwarf on it.I didnt look at legends already for look few they are a peace civ or brutal murders .Also i see some troops in hamlets
and fortress too, they look migthy indeed >.>

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It appears that I left in a line in the reaction that shouldnt be there. It can be fixed in a running world, so I do a quick fix.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4