Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Back at the base  (Read 8943 times)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: The three stooges of Squad A
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2013, 10:56:56 pm »

"Dammit you should have stayed away. Look at what you've gotten yourself into!"

Escape vines and push Harvey into the flaming monster!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:57 pm »

How are those abilities? I intentionally made them vague to give you some flexibility in deciding what sorts of bonuses to give her.

I like them. If enough people sign up to justify the creation of a new squad, you'll be added to squad B, and if not then I'll add you to squad A once they arrive back at Arundel.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

Mmkay.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

"I've ALREADY had enough of you!"

Sofia uses her pyrokinesis to force the flames away from her body, towards the creature, attempting to intensify the flames to a point where it harms it.

Then, she immediately swings her Reaper at the creature, beginning her attack.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:46 am »

Red look at the fire and shake his head.

Jump in to the fight and punch the on fire beast
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2013, 06:16:45 am »

Cut the vines then start hacking at it.

(( This is because of the survival game lol, I rolled a 5+1 and a 6 in it then 1 in this :D. ))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:33:00 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:52 am »

loot the city
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

Name: Adrian Konicek
Appearance: The word that comes to mind when viewing Konicek is cold. His skin is always freezing: it's an unnatural grey, and his short hair is white. His eyes are like chips of ice: hard and emotionless. His clothes are thick and waterproof even in the heights of summer, with heavy-duty leather boots. His voice is low and scratchy, like someone in the beginnings of a cold.
Backstory: Konicek hails from a compound that hunted monsters for a living. A bizarre cult, it stockpiled weapons for the prophesied apocalypse. When it arrived, they didn't just lay down and die: they fought. Indoctrinated in the cult from the day he was born, Konicek was sent out to join the Slayer program as part of a diplomatic agreement.
Perks: Cold-blooded: Konicek suffers much less burns than other people.
         Hand chopper: Konicek has a hand-axe with a blade made from a sharp monster scale. Deadly, but almost no range, it hacks through wood, flesh, and monster hide alike.
         Still as the grave: Konicek is very still, and so also very accurate. When lying still he is very hard to spot.

Quirks: Unnerving stare: people don't like Konicek, and you can't entirely blame them. His face is too immobile - people get creeped out by him when they engage in conversation.
          Heavy step: he walks with a steady, heavy stride making plenty of noise when walking or running. The heavy boots don't help.
          still as the grave: he can be slow to react to situations such as sudden attacks from the side.

Konicek would want a very powerful (if slow-firing blaster), like the equivalent of an anti-tank cannon.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »

Name: Sebastian Ivan Vasilyev
Appearance: Tall, around 195cm, semi-long black hair pulled back in a pony tail, wide-brimmed fedora made of an odd greenish leather and an almost blood-red duster
Backstory: Sebastian was born to Pyotr Ivan Vasilyev and Eliza Camryn Vasilyev in the eastern part of Great Britain. His father was something of a scientist and engineer with some revolutionary ideas on how to improve upon current weapon designs. Unfortunately before he could finish all his prototypes and bring them before the governmental board in charge of weapons development and deployment his lab was attacked by a trio of unusually powerful monsters for the area. Much of his research was destroyed as well as all but a few of his prototypes. This was 2 years ago. Sebastian found on of his father's weapon prototypes and began practising with it before joining the military.

Perks:
   Prototype weapon
   Duster made from wool of a shaggy fire-breathing monster
   In-human strength (father used him as a guinea pig to test some serums made from monster parts, strong enough to wield normal slicers one-handed)

Quirks:
   Black-balled/enemies, many of the generals in the upper echelons feel wronged by his father in some form and get their revenge by hindering Sebastian whenever they can
   Monsters tend to single him out during combat, possibly because of the scent of his duster
   Unknown side-effects that have yet to surface from the many experiments his father put him through
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2013, 07:27:29 am »

EVERYTHING I POST IN DIES
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2013, 07:35:49 am »

Don't despair Gilgamesh, it's not dead yet.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

Don't despair Gilgamesh, it's not dead yet.
Expect an update tonight, I've just been doing marching band stuff for the past 12 hours, and need a bit of breather.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »

Take your time? Figured it was something like that.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Enter Squad B
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2013, 01:07:32 am »

Squad A

Kyle

You slip into the fort unnoticed and follow Blondie from a safe distance, blending in with the crowds rushing up and down the stairs to dismantle the bat-creature. The Node's really bustling now, especially around the entrances to the civilian and science sections. You follow your mark straight through the hall to the armory though, which is mostly empty. He heads into the main armory room, but as you try to peer inside, a metal door slides shut in front of you, blocking your vision. However, the door's not soundproof, and as you listen in you hear a high-pitched squeal, which is soon cut off by the sound of a blade slicing through flesh.

Urist

You swim across the river and enter the city, which is almost like a labyrinth with its narrow streets and fallen towers. Fortunately, you don't even have to wander past sight of the river before you find something salvageable. It's an old laptop computer, which is in shockingly good condition for having been left alone for at least a couple of years. Although it doesn't turn on, you carry it with you. Maybe someone back at Arundel might know a thing or two about how to fix it.

Red, Harvey, Sofia, and Yukkuri

Harvey and Yukkuri struggle against the vine's grip, but the two of them only succeed in entangling themselves further, which leaves them lying *ahem* awkwardly close to each other. Despite being on fire, the plant manages to regain its composure enough to slither towards them, but before it can attack, a great lance of flame slithers off of Sofia and slams into the monster, completely incinerating several of its vines and rendering it immobile. A few seconds later, Sofia's Reaper comes down on the gourd, shattering an area of it the size of a minivan on it to bits like an overripe pumpkin and rendering it very, very dead. Red arrives at the top of the hill moments later with his fists ready and his clothes slightly singed from having to run through the ring of fire.

Squad B

The three of you stand up and stretch as the door of your train-car opens and a blue-uniformed attendant steps in and bows apologetically.

"I'm sorry if we've made you late, but we had to pass through the Sussex Ruins Nesting Site on our way here. We had to slow down to avoid attracting attention form monsters, but better safe than sorry."

Well, you're all late alright. You were supposed to arrive just before suppertime, but the sun's already set behind the hills, and countless scientists and workers are working on dismantling the carcass of a large bat-like monster outside of a metal dome in the ground. As you marvel at the beast's wingspan, which must be at least fifty feet, a tall brown-haired woman emerges from the dome and tries to force her way through the crowd. After a few seconds of failing at this, she raises a hand to her mouth and gives a shrill whistle while waving you over.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Enter Squad B
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2013, 01:12:01 am »

Go back to the entrance.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7