Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Back at the base  (Read 8938 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Chekhov's flare gun
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2013, 11:59:48 am »

"Is there an issue?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »

run back to base with the laptop
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

Leona, Konicek, Sergei, Sofia, and Harvey

Sasha reaches into one of her pockets and fishes out a small flare gun, firing a bright green plume of glowing smoke into the air before turning back to Harvey and Sofia.

"That's a relief, but sending up flares is still important, so that your squad knows that you've found her. We lose a lot of rookies due to them staying out at night because they don't know that their mission's over. Anyways, you two should probably head back inside and get cleaned off. Judging by the black slime all over you two, the monster that attacked you was probably a Gourdred, which means that if anyone so much as lights a candle near you, you'll go up in flames. The showers are over at the infirmary, which is the first door on the left at the Science Section, and your rooms in the Rookie Section have been stocked with new uniforms for you to wear."

Turning back to her squad:

"Those two are from Squad A, the other group of rookies around here. One of their members ran off on their own a while ago, and apparently they've just found her mostly unharmed. As for the flares, they're usually how us Slayers communicate in the field if we split up. The rest of their squad will probably follow that flare I sent up back to base now that they know that their missing squadmate has been found, which is good because most monsters start waking up and hunting around this time. Now, unless anyone has any more questions, we should head inside as soon as possible to get rooms and dinner sorted out."

Red and Yukkuri

Yukkuri hastily snatches up some shattered bits of the gourd's shell, which still glow with a strange inner fire, before Red grabs hold of her and drags her back to base.

Urist

You quickly head out of the city, your headache vanishing the moment you do. Leaving the raft to be completed on a later day, you pick up your laptop and head back to the entrance of the base, where all of your squad minus Jacob and Kyle are waiting. Harvey, Sofia, and Yukkuri are covered from head to toe in strange black goo, and Yukkrui is clutching both some glowing orange bits of shell and a nearly-broken steel sword.

((Sorry that turn's late, I've been kinda sickly as of late, but I'm getting better now.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Manaburn: An Apocalyptic Monster-Hunting RPG: Back at the base
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2013, 04:42:12 pm »

Repair sword once base is reached, see avaliable upgrades, assuming no one tries to murder me for ditching the group.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2013, 04:42:38 pm »

Go inside, eat then take a nap.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2013, 05:25:13 pm »

Murder

head inside, put pika back under my hat.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »

Sergei listens to the explanation quietly right up until the mention of dinner when his stomach lets out a horrendous growl. He puts his hand over his stomach to quiet it and grins embarrassingly, "Yeah, dinner sounds like a good thing. Lead on Cap."
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2013, 02:47:22 am »

find someone who knows about computers to see if it's worth anything
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2013, 04:16:14 am »

Repair sword once base is reached, see avaliable upgrades, assuming no one tries to murder me for ditching the group.

((Surely you could get an actual weapon from the base that isn't going to melt on contact?))

"Food is necessary. Lead on."

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2013, 07:19:21 am »

Sofia goes to shower, get changed, and wait for dinner.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2013, 11:22:46 am »

((Been 5 days.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]