Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need 2-3 more players for a D&D 3.5 Roll20 campaign [0/3]  (Read 1763 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Need 2-3 more players for a D&D 3.5 Roll20 campaign [0/3]
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:32 pm »

Not sure if this would go here or Other Games, but I figured I'd be more likely to get a response here.

Me and some RL friends have been planning a D&D 3.5 campaign. However, due to one person having schedule issues and another just losing interest, we're now down to two players. As such, we've decided to try and find some players on Bay12. Aside from myself, the two other players will be going by Dawnstar and Oken (I'll be going by Flame, naturally). We'll be meeting on Wednesdays (Probably moving to Saturday), at 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. central time. Hopefully, we can meet this week, but we'll probably meet next week instead. We'll also be starting at level 4. Dawnstar's playing a swashbuckler, while Oken's playing a ranger, planning to become an arcane archer at the earliest opportunity. As a side note, both of these people are fairly new to D&D, particularly Oken, so don't expect extreme skill from either. Also, the emphasis will be more on roleplaying than min/maxing or combat.

With that said, onto the setting: It's taking place in a region named Gueryth. It's a totally isolated region of medium size islands. There are six major islands, known as the Great Lands: Khale, Tsule, Ahul, Aetherium, Zandalfin, and the Wildlands.

Spoiler: The Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods of Khale (click to show/hide)

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Most of this is just given as a compressed version; if you're interested in any particular topic, I can go into a lot more detail.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:40:41 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Need 2-3 more players for a D&D 3.5 Roll20 campaign [0/3]
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:46:47 am »

With that said, onto the setting: It's taking place in a region named Gueryth. It's a totally isolated region of medium size islands. There are six major islands, known as the Great Lands: Khale, Tsule, Ahul, Aetherium, Zandalfin, and the Wildlands.
Gueryth again, eh. >:(

Wizards and similarly powerful arcane casters aren't allowed, due to their gamebreaking potential. However, any sourcebooks are allowed, save for things like Erotic Fantasy, of course. As mentioned before, we're starting at 4th level. Monster races are allowed, but their LA can't be higher than 1. Please submit sheets via Mythweavers.
Really? You're picking Arcane casters as the one to ban? Lol, ok.
Out of curiosity, is that LA 1 only or 2RHD/LA0 as well? Also out of more curiosity, why the limit at LA 1 when you're starting at ECL4?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:39:40 am »

Gueryth again, eh. >:(

Wizards and similarly powerful arcane casters aren't allowed, due to their gamebreaking potential. However, any sourcebooks are allowed, save for things like Erotic Fantasy, of course. As mentioned before, we're starting at 4th level. Monster races are allowed, but their LA can't be higher than 1. Please submit sheets via Mythweavers.
Really? You're picking Arcane casters as the one to ban? Lol, ok.
Out of curiosity, is that LA 1 only or 2RHD/LA0 as well? Also out of more curiosity, why the limit at LA 1 when you're starting at ECL4?
I have worked on Gueryth for a very long time, fleshing out as many details as I can. I've created languages, cultural norms, even written up mock bills for the government of Khale. I've designed their advancement throughout the ages. I've decided how they come into contact with the other continents and nations. I've fleshed out countless details about the world and intend to do more, so yes, I'm gonna fucking you Gueryth again because I've put far too much work into it to let it sit on the shelf collecting dust doomed to only be played once in a short lived campaign.

I'm banning wizards because I can find far too many stories of them completely destroying campaigns. It is NOT, however, a ban on all arcane magic. Sorcerers, Warmages, Warlocks, etc. are all entirely fine. As for the LA 1, it's old habit, since it's a general rule I usually use. Removing it now.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:17:59 am »

Knowing the timings would probably be helpful...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 09:33:26 am »

We'll be meeting on Wednesdays (Probably moving to Saturday), at 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. central time. Hopefully, we can meet this week, but we'll probably meet next week instead.

Sorry for the ambiguity about the day; we've not entirely decided.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:51:28 am »

Yeah, unfortunately, in busy times such as these, ambiguity is bad.
Will this affect City Of Atri(e/a)n?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 10:06:58 am »

No, it shouldn't.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

We've managed to find the people required. Sorry if you were interested.