Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 248956 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05:10 am »

Steampunk technology
We're an equal opportunity employer. Men, monsters, machines, *shrug* what does it matter so long as they follow orders?
Male
Incognito

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 09:31:38 am »

Steampunk-Technology
Monsters
Man
Incognito [Ink]

Your name is Incognito! You are the terror of all humanity, for your mighty monster-mooks follow you blindly upon your quest for Evilness! Your powerful armies will be composed with mighty Technology, and none shall stop you!

You now have everything to Embark Upon Your Epic Quest for Evilness!
ARE YOU READY FOR EVIL!?

Year One of your Epic Quest for Evilness - Day One - Hour One - Your Evil Lair

The terrible monsters which belong to you are known as...

Behemoth Catfish

They are giant Catfish, and they are extremely Evil.
Problems: They are Static. They are Underwater Only creatures. Your Lair is automatically Near the Water.

The basic Mooks you can hire are known as...Cog-Minion!

They are your fleshy sacs of defense, albeit they are actually made of steel and iron and copper and everything you could scrap by. They work on coal, emit vapor, and are generally more suited on following autonomous routines rather than actually being smart. You could call them 'walking scrapyards', but that would be an offense to the scrapyards.
They are Undoubtedly Loyal however, and will never betray you.

The Dark Minions you can command are...Hydraulic Succubus.

Nefarious demons armed with wrenches and wenches, they have an inherent bonus in corrupting the young, the horny and in repairing those nasty leaks your lair sometime suffers from the pipes on the ceiling.
Problem: They are flirtatious. They will try and Corrupt first, no matter what the Enemy is, what you asked them to do, or whatever else there is in the area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Lair is located in the middle of the sea, a towering construction of iron and cogs that every day and every night move and click and hiss and make noises. Frankly, you also turned to evil because you couldn't get a proper night of sleep and were too tired when you stamped your 'Evil Association' card.

Your Catfishes patrol the waters around your base, every now and then bringing out their giant heads to stare with curiosity at a Cog-Minion who moves too close to the shore, before returning back inside. A few sweaty, oil covered Hydraulic Succubi are repairing a few pipes, all the while moaning about 'wringing it harder'.

You are starting to have doubts about their validity as Dark Minions, but then again they were what the Super-Evil Market offered first.

You now stand on your Overlord-Like throne, a mass of Cogs, metallic spikes and whatnot that is both sparkly and extremely uncomfortable to sit in, when your Dark Advisor comes in.

She once was a great Scientist, always trying to improve the quality of her medical practice, until one day she stumbled upon an extremely rare element known as Mindium and, with that extremely rare element, she began a short period of time as an Evil Overlordess, being known as the Mind-Controlling Chemist. She then decided to retire after the element simply became too rare to use to keep on Mind-Controlling entire cities, and found employment at your service. Her 'Evil' name is Chemista, the Evil Chemist! (She wasn't known for her imagination, unfortunately) She also suffered a terrible chemical accident...that made her into a Goo-Girl. Which makes her a monster.
Which makes her also perfectly acquirable by your strict standards of 'Monster Only'.

"My Nefarious Overlord!" Chemista exclaims cackling with glee, "Today we will do our first Evil Mission!"

She then unfolds a giant parchment. "Here, here or here?"

There are three locations marked with a bright red X, all of which are on the continent.

Mission Number One: We need more money. Rob a Bank. Destruction.
Mission Number Two: We need more energy. Kidnap an Electric Generator. (even generators have souls!)  Mixed.
Mission Number Three: Me need more minions. Kidnap and Corrupt people from the street. Control.

The fact Chemista simply wrote those down without saying anything else makes you wonder if she's just getting too old for the job.
"So, choose one my Evil Overlordness!"

Explanations

The Evil Actions and You!-The more You Know About Evil!
How does the Turn Work?

Money? Energy? Everything Nice?

End Note

Remember, think not what Evil can do for you, think what YOU can do for Evil!

Human Monstrous Resources at the Moment

Three Behemoth Catfishes.

Ten Cog-Minions.

Two Hydraulic Succubus.

One Dark Advisor (Chemista, the Goo-Girl Chemist!)

You, In-Cog-Nito [Ink]!

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 10:06:08 am »

Do the energy mission.

Can we individually 'claim' mooks as our own? Cos if so can you name a Cog-Minion Lord Gamington and give it a tophat/cane?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 10:27:09 am »

Eh.. a generator should do well for our co(r)gies. Sure enough, go get-it.

Send the Advisor, both succubi and 10* cog-minions.
We are not on the radar yet, so the 3 catfishes and ourself truly will do for base-defense.

Also, once we have that generator, we might want to think about a few high-security-cells. You know, with only steel-walls and none of our beloved gears that could cause mayhem in a resourceful hand. We really do not want our kidnapped soon-to-be-mooks to escape, no?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:37:34 pm by escaped lurker »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 01:09:23 pm »

While that generator can probably take care of energy, we will also need resources*. We need some kind of submersible system, or a giant pressure pipe, in order to be able to mine the sea floor. Let's start looking into how much that would cost.

*And food, but that less important

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 03:17:10 pm »

looks interesting. Google "steampunk succubus" yield relevant results, surprisingly enough.

I will support the Energy mission, with both succubi, the advisors, and a bunch of cog-minions.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 03:47:20 pm »

"I choose you, Mission Number Two!" you bellow out, pointing your finger at the mission in question.

Chemista raises one of her goo-like eyebrows, before giving a quick nod and scribbling down.

Kidnap a Generator

Very Well! you exclaim then, pointing to a random Cog-Minion in a corner. From now on, you'll be known as Lord Gamington! Get yourself a metallic tophat and get going Cogging around!

The Mechanical Cog-Minion has just been renamed Lord Gamington!

Resources In Use For the Mission "Kidnap a Generator"

Chemista, the Dark Advisor, Chemical Goo-Girl, Retired Overlordess.
The Two Succubi
Seven Cog-Minions.

Unfortunately your Cog-Steam-Punk Zeppelin can't carry any more of those, and so it departs into the sky emitting baleful vapors. You watch it leave while holding a hand to your forehead in a sharp salute.
Actually, your other hand is behind your back, silently crossing your finger for the sheer hope it won't explode along the trip.
You can never remember if it's Gasoline or Magical Floating Crystals that are actually required for it to work properly.

Turn One:
Upkeep -A Cog Minion is now know as Lord Gamington. He wears a Tophat and uses a cane.
Mission Chosen -Kidnap a Generator
People Assigned: One Dark Advisor (+2 Control -1 C&D-Goo-Girl Says No to ZapZap), Two Dark Minions (+2 Control-Hydraulics), Seven Grunts (+1.75 Control& Destruction).
Enjoy the Resulting Carnage...

THE CARNAGE

"Cog-Cog-Cog," the metallic minion moves his claws across the fence, which separates him from the Electric Generator within the Electric Center of the Town nearby. "Cog-Cog-Query?"
"Proceed!" Chemista snaps, pointing her finger forward. "Long Live the Overlord Incognito!"
"Ah!" an extremely sensual moan escapes the lips of one of the two succubi, as she take out a wrench and starts pulling at the chain fence while doing her best to appear provocative -not that she needs much, being in a mini-skirt and covered in blotches of oil that give a shiny appearance to her skin.
"OH, let me help you..." the other Succubus is about to move towards the first, when a snap from Chemista brings them both back to their work.
"Move it you two. You'll have time for steamy stuff afterwards!"

As soon as Chemista enters, her liquid-like skin starts to shudder due to the electricity in the air. The Two Succubi enter next, and finally the Cog-Minions begin their 'Cherry Picking' of the Electrical Central. Of course, the moment they do so the lights go off in the city.
The chains are secured around the Generator in question, and as your Zeppeling pulls away with it and everyone else, Chemista turns to 'count the heads'.
"Wait a moment," she narrow her eyes. "What is that Human doing over there!?" saying that, her goo-finger points towards a man wearing a Security Guard uniform and who is currently unconscious in the bosom of one of the Succubi.
"Can we keep him, pleaseeee?" the Succubi in question makes doe-like eyes, showing her most beautiful pout.
Chemista isn't impressed.
"Let the Overlord deal with it." Chemista sighs.

Bonus Earned: Security Guard Captured! No One Knows who stole the Generator! There are no Eye-Witnesses!

Mission Results: Generator Acquired!

Downkeep

You, Overlord, are sitting at your throne when your loyal troops return from their duty.
They are carrying a prisoner with them however. A human security Guard who apparently is called 'Bob', if the tag on his jacket is real.
You could kill him and dispose of his body of course, or you could wait until he awakens and try and bring him to the dark side.
Then again you do have a strict No Human Policy...So you'd have to transform him in a monster.
That could open up pretty interesting possibilities, and who knows, maybe Chemista is available to create Mutagens?

Lair Resources

A Generator is being currently mounted to the mainframe of the building. Unless Energy Requirements suddenly spike, you are now able to use energy for your evil purposes!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 03:56:51 pm »

toss the poor lucky poor guy to the succubi until we actually know what to do with him.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »

toss the poor lucky poor guy to the succubi until we actually know what to do with him.
I suppose that it will help us to convert him?

Anyway, we need to make him a monster, so any suggestions?

I say that we should go with a kind of cephalopod.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:26 pm »

For future usefulness, I propose we go with psychological monsters too.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »

Could the Succubi assist on turning him into an incubus?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

Could the Succubi assist on turning him into a succubus?
fix(?)

I actually like the cephalopod idea. Maybe keep him as a guard of some sort.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »

Could the Succubi assist on turning him into an incubus?
Forum guidelines. Please remember the forum guidelines.

Edit/ Cephalopod is good. We needed to develop underwater mines after all. Also, fish cavalry.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:44 pm »

Forum guidelines. Please remember the forum guidelines.

Trust me, phrasing it in that way is as far as I'm willing to go. Although the moment the GM chose to give us succubi we all started skating on thin ice.

Cephalopods work though, if we just want to avoid the matter entirely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 213