Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass graveyard  (Read 1307 times)

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
Mass graveyard
« on: August 26, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

The thing is:
After some creature like: human, elf, goblin, or another intelligence creature (not dwarf) are dead, the ghost has appears after some period of time.
The corpses need to be buried at mass graveyard.
The graveyard can be like some area & need to be closed room above ground but some level down of main area.
The ghosts (Navi) http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmyfhology.info%2Findex.html&hl=ru&ie=UTF8&langpair=ru%7Cen&langpair.x=25&langpair.y=7
in search - List of monsters and spirits - Navi
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:19:22 pm by Burmalay »

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: Mass graveyard
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »

Burmalay, graveyards already exist in the game as a designated stockpile option and graves exist in worldgen as tombs and battle sites. I would encourage you to read through the wiki and play the game a little more rather than creating a whole slew of suggestion topics like this.

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:38:01 pm »

I know it, but the idea is the ghosts for unburied creatures which are soars around its body and keep in fear all surrounding & miasma pits with the corpses of the enemy ^w^

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 02:43:07 pm »

I think the game could use actual graves, though. Dwarves, always digging, have access to burial vaults and catacombs, but not everyone has that luxury.

They could work like Traps, i.e. a built object that's recessed in the floor, thus still walkable, and contains an item or a few (but in this case, the remains and possibly a receptacle instead of weapons and mechanisms.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 01:06:40 am »

Burial as placing something inside the soul layers is a planned feature if I'm not mistaken. Don't know about the ghosts of other sentient races harassing dwarves though, this looks kinda unfair - I mean, I'm getting my own ghosts all the time, and now three hundred goblins I threw from the cliff are gonna stick here too? Why my dwarves should be involved at all? Go to your mad master who sent you here guys and moan and howl in his palace! Besides, your bodies are *goblin bone bolts* now.
However, the thing that doubts me most in this suggestion is the assumption that simply dumping a huge pile of bodies into a pit should appease the spirits of those humans, elves and goblins. I think what a ghost would require should be kinda more thorough and attentive treatment, like at least putting a stele with all their names engraved over the grave.

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:29:57 am »

You right =)

But, maybe then:
If the are to many corpses in the stockpile for a long time, then the ghosts has appear?
Need to bury them to avoid this.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:23:15 am »

Every fortress is mass graveyard already.

And I believe the ghost appearance should be more complex and more rare event than it is already. For exmple first you need to figure out who it is, what does it want. Then you fulfil his unfinished business and then he goes away.
If this happens like once per several dozen corpses, it may be okay to have more sources of them than dwarves only. And even then goblins probably shouldn't be ghostable.

As it currently stands, it'd be just silly to have every ordinary creature to turn ghostly because of their unremarkable death in your territory.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

PetWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 02:09:34 pm »

Stray Cat (Tame) has returned as a ghost and is haunting the fortress!

Urist has been miserable lately. His sleep has been interrupted by the barking of Ghostly Stray Dog (Tame).

Ghostly Flummy Wambler: This murderous spirit is bent on revenge for the violent end to its unpleasant life.

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

...creature like: human, elf, goblin, or another intelligence creature...

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »

Burying elves with the same respect as dwarves?
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

Burmalay

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for my English
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 03:08:01 am »

With no respect =)