Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question involving raw file editing and abilitys on a race  (Read 967 times)

Dragoon_103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question involving raw file editing and abilitys on a race
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:41:53 pm »

hello i am wonder how you would get the abilitys of a dwarven lifemancer, onto that of lets say, the elf ashlander, incarnate's. i am playing as one in adventure mode and would like to add some cool abilitys with resurection and healing but i cant seem to find where their abilitys are. i was able to add the ash cloud from the wizard onto them and aswell as the flee ability from the dwarves.

i am not sure if the abilitys are located somewere or they are just somehow linked with the dwarf lifemancer caste.

help would be appreceated.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Re: Question involving raw file editing and abilitys on a race
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they just normal interractions under the caste in creature_standard that link to interractions in some of the interraction files?

Edit: (These are from 3f)
Like this under caste
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and this in interraction_masterwork

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can also just make your own syndromes, interractions and whatnot pretty easily. If in doubt just find a similar syndrome or interraction and change the effects to suit your need.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:35:12 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Dragoon_103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 08:52:49 am »

well underneath the lifemancer caste for the dwarves it has no ability's under it and says nothing about witch ability's it exactly has, but the masterwork_ability's file is basically what i was looking for so thanks

antoher quick question, how would you make it so you can play as an outsider elf or something like that in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:18:19 am by Dragoon_103 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:16:11 am »

You have to look again. CASTE:WHITE only has description and name, SELECT_CASTE:WHITE has the abilitity. its simply further down in the file.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::