Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 311115 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« on: August 27, 2013, 12:16:19 pm »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: Lady in Red Armour
Chapter 1: In the Den of Vipers
Chapter 2: Border of Freedom
Chapter 2x: The Secret Harbor
Chapter 2xx: More than Unlawful
Chapter 3: Soot and Tears
Cutscene A: Empire's Finest
Chapter 4: The Crimson Palace
Chapter 4-2: Heart of the Plot
Chapter 5: Crossroads of Fate
Chapter 6: Seaside Rampage
Intermission: Inferno of Rebellion
Chapter 7: Unexpected Encounters of the Worst Kind
Chapter 7x: Night of Tears
Chapter 8: Forest Horrors
Chapter 9: The Founding Father
Chapter 9x: Forsaken Castle Forsaken
Intermission B: Triumph and Loss
Cutscene B: The Unknown Truths
Chapter 10: The Blood-Soaked Banner
Chapter 10-2: The Loyal and the Resolute
Final Chapter
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:53:17 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 12:50:40 pm »

Dragonstones.

The magical artifacts of the past era.

Scholars of the known world found out their true nature and their awesome powers. With enough magical amplification and modulation, these gemstones could increase one's magical powers by hundreds of times.

At first, they were used for beneficial purposes. There are many legends of powerful priests vanquishing old wraiths, mighty doctors who cured entire villages from plague with a wave of hand. For few years, all was good.

But then, there was the first argument. Then, a first fight over the Dragonstones, which, while powerful, were limited in their numbers. For a handful of Dragonstones, there were thousands of people interested in their possession. The empowered mages, either mercenaries under someone's command, or being landlords themselves, began to quarrel. But the violent, magical skirmishes quickly turned into a full-scale war. It wasn't war of the different nations, it was a war of greedy individuals.

They raised armies. They warped their soldiers. They crushed the cities and flattened the mountains, arose new lands from the water and plunged the old lands under the water. Nothing remained unchanged, and almost everything was lost.

As the mighty fought with each other, the commonfolk suffered. The sun was red and burned the crops; the water was purple, bitter and salty; and the air turned poisonous. The horrible experiments and unfortunate victims of the magic roamed the lands, consuming the livestock, razing villages, murdering the people. No one and nothing was safe.

That was what people now call The Magic Wars. A magical calamity on unprecedented scale, and a war unlike any other. Those were times of despair and sadness, a century of Darkness.

But where there's Darkness, there's also a Light.

Troy Lionheart, a young knight of Dia, one day stood in the middle of the city, and he said, 'The Mages will bring the end to the Humanity, if their fighting will not stop. I, Troy Lionheart will stop them! I swear on my life!'. And what he said he will do, he did.

The brave youth gathered support from neighbouring lands. The soldiers, the small mages, the humble priests, the commoners; all rallied under the banner of Troy. In a month, there was a legion; in a year, there was an army.

The mages, one by one, were defeated by Troy Lionheart and his followers. The Dragonstones, one by one, were destroyed in the magical furnaces.

The Magic Wars ended; the Humanity was saved. But that wasn't the end of Troy's work - the land was still divided and in ruin. He conquered the lands of evil and corrupt warlods and kings, he fought against the monsters and mutants created during Magic Wars; and finally, he united the known lands under his rule.

'Long live Troy Lionheart! Long live the Empire!' the people yelled in joy. Troy Lionheart fathered twelve children, future rulers of the land. But as the history has it, not necessarily a bright, talented individual has equally bright and talented children. When Troy passed away, the people mourned; not only because he died, but because times won't be the same again. And when the Succession Wars started, when freshly united world was divived yet again - the people knew they were right.

But the Troy Dynasty ultimately prevailed, it had its ups and downs, its periods of prosperity, and times of civil unrest - the dynasty of the Golden Lion endured two long centuries in power. The enemies of the Empire, no matter how powerful and scheming, were quickly crushed under the heel of the Troian military; no one could stand against the descendants of Troy Lionheart.

However, the last fifty years were marked by stains of rebellions, uprisings, cruelty and decadence not seen before.

The powerful noblemen dance and wine and enjoy the arts; the weak suffer oppression, poverty, starvation.

It is now Imperial Year 222. The winds of change are blowing.

A new Light appears - in the Vinland.

In the Free Port of Setine.

~~Prologue: The Lady in Red Armour~~

The alleys of Free Port Setine are quiet... until a lady steps into them, disrupting the pigeons that were nibbling the grain in the middle of the road. Said lady looks no more than twenty years old, and her crimson armor, a clear indicator of her southern, military roots, can be seen under her leather cloak...

The woman pulls the hood from her head and looks at the sky, letting out a quiet sigh.

"Purple sky... will it rain or something?" She couldn't tell. No one could. The legends of old times say that once, the sky was grey at the morning, blue most of the day, and then beautifully pink or orange at the evening.

Now, the young woman was traveling under the white clouds hanging on the purple sky, that could turn sickly green next day, and bloody red day after. That was the sky her ancestors left for her people - sky forever twisted with old, powerful magic, a sky that will never retain its blueness.

The woman used a slim, decorated lance as a walking stick. She hummed a quiet, calm melody during her walk - before she stopped in front of a building. Above its door, there was a sign, with a green lamp above it.

"The Wounded Boar, huh? It must be here..." With a deep breath, she opened the door and stepped in.

The smell of tobacco and beer and sweat overpowered her nostrils for a moment, but she wasn't a frail court lady. After a moment, she moved toward the counter, her heavy boots thumping surprisingly quiet on the wooden floor - in contrast to that floor, which kept creaking loudly at every her step. It was more than enough to gain attention of several sailors, workers, and other gruff men and women, but they quickly lost interest in her. The bartender, an old, thin man, was washing the glass mugs behind the counter as the girl walked to him, and he looked at her with slight distrust. After eyeing her for a while, he chuckled.

"The brothel is next alley." He mumbled, putting down the mug.

"I'm looking for mercenaries, sir, I was told that I can find them here-" The bartender laughed quietly and then looked at the girl, stopping what he was doing.

"Mercenaries? For what god-damned reason a lass like you would need mercenaries?" He smiled at her, but she didn't respond. After a moment, her straight, persistent stare made him feel uncomfortable - he grumbled under his nose and nodded toward a corner. The woman moved there.

And in said corner, there was a table with seven chairs, six of which were occupied. The blonde soldier lady stopped at the empty one, looked at the six people gathered there, and smiled.

"Hello." She said quietly, and then sat down at the empty chair.

"I've heard you're mercenaries, and I'm looking for some to help me. My name is Irene."

//Maible Talruss, Efa Llewellyn, Sakura Lonia, Leopoldo Belmonte, Sara and Sheila Vega are now active!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:58:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:20 pm »

A woman with a black sunflower speaks

:"Yes, we are. What sort of help do you need?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 01:05:16 pm »

Leopoldo returned to the table with the drinks everyone wanted - water for himself, of course - and passed them out before sitting down. This wasn't the sort of establishment he was used to - that is to say, he wasn't exactly uncomfortable with the idea of such a place; it took all kinds to run the world - and the smell was still unpleasant.

"It's a bit loud in here, isn't it?"

He took a drink of his water and watched a blonde woman enter out of the corner of his eye. She exchanged some words with the bartender which included 'looking for mercenaries.'

"It's not so bad, though, I suppose. We might have some work here in a moment if we're lucky. What do you suppose she wants?"

Within a few moments, the woman had come over and introduced herself as Irene.

"Well, yes, we do hire our services out.  I'm more of a healer than a sellsword. What do you need help with?"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:06:48 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

"I'm a traveler on a mission. Said mission brought me here, and ultimately, I need to get to my friends in Mirr. My future path will take me via ship to the County of Riemond, and then south through the border. Unfortuantely, while the previous part of my mission was relatively calm, I believe I might encounter only difficulties from now on. That's why I'm looking for a group of bodyguards to assist me." She nodded and then looked at every person at the table, blinking when she realized something.

"How come you're the only man here? I thoguht mercenary groups have more varied cast... oh! Are you one of those hedonist priests I heard about?" Irene spoke with interest in her voice and, very, very bluntly.
SigFlags!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 02:14:30 pm »

:"...mmmhahaha!"

After a while, Sakura calm down

:"Sorry, I just couldn't think of anyone less suited for such a role."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 02:15:11 pm »

"Er. Well. That is to say..."

Leo pinched the bridge of his nose between his eyes for a moment as Sakura laughed at his embarrassment.

"I try to avoid indulging in the various vices of this world. The disparity of the sexes in this group is a mere coincidence, I assure you. Anyway, a group of bodyguards, you say? About how long will we be traveling, and what will be the pay?"

He still wasn't comfortable asking that last question, and it showed, but someone had to ask it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »

"You're lucky, you know." Sheila told the blonde woman. "Traveling by sea isn't exactly safe, but I'm quite experienced at sea. Hire us, and you'll be in good hands." Sheila grinned at Leo. It was fun seeing him flustered. Plus, he'd asked the important question. He was quite a useful man.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 04:12:01 pm »

"That's true. Sheila certainly knows a lot about sea travel."

She had shared a few experiences while on the road. Not many, of course; they had only been working together for what, a month, two maybe? But nevertheless, enough that Leo got the impression she knew what she was talking about.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 04:26:58 pm »

Irene nodded and then leaned into the chair.

"I believe we will be able to reach Mirr in a a bit more than a week. At least four days from here to Riem by the sea, then another two to get to the border, then quite possible another two to the capital city. I will pay you five hundred Imperial coins now, and my friends will pay you two thousand if I get to Mirr safely. If you do your work splendidly, I will haggle with them for even more, on your behalf."
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 04:30:47 pm »

Sheila remained quiet for a moment, waiting to hear what Leo thought about it. It seemed like good pay to her, but she had to wonder; what was so important about this woman that they were going to receive two thousand coins? That seemed like a lot of money to assure the safety of one person. Maybe she was nobility.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »

Leopoldo thought for a moment, hands folded on the table. Two thousand and five hundred coins, with the possibility of more. Split six ways that was six hundred apiece, and the extra one hundred would go to charity if he had his way - which he probably wouldn't. That was more gold than he had ever seen in one place his entire life, coming from a poor family and then living in a humble monastery his entire life. Such a large sum made him a little leery. All the same, he couldn't deny that they would need money, and a large amount for a little over a week's work was quite appealing.

"...I'm leaning toward yes right now, but I can hardly make a decision for all of us. Especially if we do end up having to fight, since I'm likely not going to be the one to bear the brunt of the blows. Can you tell us why this task would pay so much?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:51 pm »

The blonde woman let out a huff, brushed her hair a little, and then rubbed her chin, before looking at Leo, folding her hands on her lap.

"It's less about me and more about what is hidden inside my armor. I'm sorry but I was ordered not to share details with anyone."

Irene raised her hand, showing she isn't done.

"If you're scared, or wary, of me, you might find well-paid jobs somewhere else - I will leave, and we will never meet again."
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 04:55:13 pm »

Sheila did her best to silently indicate to Leo that she was up for it. It was a lot of money, and the girl seemed trustworthy. And as this was more a courier mission than body-guarding after all, the money made a tad more sense.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 04:59:42 pm »

Leo nodded back to Sheila.

"Well, Sheila and I are willing to accept this job. I don't believe Sakura, Maible, Efa, or Sara will disagree, but I think I'll let the ladies speak for themselves."

They were clearly still thinking it over, anyway.

"In the meantime, would you like something to drink or eat? I can get it for you while we're here."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 510