Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Starr Story [Experimental Scientist Lab Quest]  (Read 1551 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
A Starr Story [Experimental Scientist Lab Quest]
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »

You are Samantha Starr, the founder and chief executive of StarTech, an international megaconglomerate with facilities from New York to Tokyo. With friends in the same. In every sense of the term, you are a one-percenter. You love science, if that wasn't obvious already. The study of how things work and how they relate to the human condition? Yes, please. All the science! You created StarTech from blood, sweat, tears (of others) and the dust you accumulated in your garage. It was a long, arduous journey, but doggone it, you did it!

You're known for a few things. One of which is your nickname, "The People's Chief". Given to you because you are senior chief of the company, but you act like an employee. You're most often on the floor (any area where developments are being conducted), preferring it to your office. You even have your own projects! You're CEO 2.0. A new breed in ... you get the point. You're also known for your unshakable foundation, unable to be faltered by even the most powerful countries. StarTech is your life blood. Your baby. And like any mother hen, you'll peck the hell out of anyone who tries to threaten it.

It's not just another day at the lab for you. There is a meeting of the board, where you are to unveil StarTech's latest pursuits. You have three projects to present to your senior partners. Make sure they're good, or they'll look at you sideways. Nah, just kidding. They'll either find another company to fund, or snatch the rug from underneath your feet. Powers tried doing it to Bruce Wayne in Batman: Beyond. If it can happen to Batman, it can happen to anyone.

Without further ado, you prepare to present StarTech's latest developments. Break a leg!

> Public Project/Development 1
> Public Project/Development 2
> Public Project/Development 3

You also have three personal projects of your own that you aren't saying shit to anyone about. What are they?

> Private Project/Development 1
> Private Project/Development 2
> Private Project/Development 3

This is a quest I'm trying based on an OC of mine. It's more of a testbed experimental thing with an emphasis on freeform voter input than anything else. Also, (light) mechanics are a thing. Nothing serious. That said, you'll have to be careful in this quest. The world is alive, and will react to your decisions. Samantha Starr is your avatar. What you do happens to her, so think like a scientist! Actually, think like a politician.

Spoiler: How It Works (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reputation & You (click to show/hide)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Starr Story [Experimental Scientist Lab Quest]
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »

Reserved for...things.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »

Public Project One: Machine that can mass produce kidneys for those who need a transplant.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:13:19 pm »

Public Project One: Organ cloning.
This seems better when worded like this, also it will allow us to make more then just kidneys, though kidneys could be the start of said project.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:55:11 am »

Public project number 2: Semi autonomous crawling spider drones about the size of a cat, for search and rescue, construction and other needs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 09:27:47 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 09:47:47 am »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 10:14:20 am »

Private Project One: Mind transcription and uploading! Because you deserve to live forever, glorious and digital!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 10:18:20 am »

Private Project One: Mind transcription and uploading! Because you deserve to live forever, glorious and digital!
That would only make a copy of your mind, not actually upload it.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:45 am »

Public Project One: Machine that can mass produce kidneys for those who need a transplant. (organ cloning)
Not bad. Not bad.

Public project number 2: Semi autonomous crawling spider drones about the size of a cat, for search and rescue, construction and other needs.
Interesting.

I think someone else said it already. Your mind would only be copied. Though, I'm not going to be pedantic. I assume you mean consciousness uploading type shit, where you become an AI and stuff. Yes?

In any case, I was hoping to get all six filled up before going, but I'll cap it here and post the update in some hours.