Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 313652 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #3900 on: February 15, 2015, 03:37:43 am »

The historian shook his head.

"Its kind of overwhelming. I've wandered around in bustling cities before, enough people that you're rubbing shoulders on both sides. Never felt more like I was being pushed along with the rest of the crowd until now though. I'm sure the others probably feel the same."

Fezz shared the nomad's sigh. "I really miss those dusty ruins. Things were simple, all I did was investigate, take notes, theorize, compare... There was a good amount of work, but at least I knew all of what I was doing. Now I'm just moving from place to place fighting and I barely know what's going on." Despite the rather morose words, the historian seemed to relax in reliving his past for a moment.

The scholar laughed softly. "Honestly, if it wasn't for you... Or the others, I think I'd probably be lost. More lost." He corrected himself, but it was in good spirits. "It feels nice to have a moment to remember how things were. Anything you miss?"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:39:30 am by Xanmyral »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: February 15, 2015, 03:58:50 am »

Grifen thought about what it would be like to visit and explore ruins. Back on that island they had stopped at for a short time, she had tried to locate some old buildings so she could see Fezz in his natural environment. Sadly that had been a bust, but surely the opportunity would come up again. Right?

She nodded at Fezz's question, gazing off into the distance.

: "Simple stuff, mostly. Ma's singin'. Aunt Charlotte's mutton stew. My dog, Zilla. And Pa. I miss him a lot." The nomad yawned and rested her head against the scholar's shoulder, just intending to rest her eyes for a few moments.

: "I'm glad ya ain't lost. More lost. Whichever."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

Half an hour later, the mercenaries, now free and no longer under the thumb of Matilda - with young Ciera and the shady Alec, agent of the rebellion - have sailed away from the Isle of Kretos. The ship creaked and its sail fluttered on the wind as the skilled bunch of sailors, with help of Renault, have set course for the city of Moss.

They were yet unaware of the calamity that they have unleashed upon the continent in the last few hours...

~~Intermission: Inferno of the Civil War~~

When the news reached the mainland Empire that half of the western lands is rising up in fiery, bloody rebellion, the citizens were in shock. The shock turned into pure hatred when the other news arrived - Reinhard Eul, a noble commander, and popular hero of common folk, has been slain by the dishonorable rebels.

The aristocrats of the Empire, with a surge of commoners' outcry to punish the assasins of Eul sounding around them, have mustered their forces and the Imperial Army convened a council. Ironically, the rebellion in the west have strengthened the Empire to such state in which it wasn't since the end of Succession Wars.

The young Emperor was sheltered in the chambers of the Troian Castle despite his protests, while a War Council of remaining Imperial Commanders has been declared the new leaders; Archbishop Sothor of the Dragon Cult joined them to supervise the military conscription of monks and healers of the Cult into the army ranks.

General Carlinn is the only one who have not been indicted into the council, following an argument of his with General von Vaughn. Commander Fyra entered a period of mourning after the death of Eul, but week into it she dissappeared and nobody have seen her since.

In the northwest part of the continent, the Syrans, under guidance of their Lady, have joined forces with the Mireosian Rebels. The pegasi riders have managed to keep their territories intact, but the recent arrival of young but brilliant Commander Pfilz saw numerous casualties and, first time since the rebellion began a month ago, a push into Syran territory.

Free Port Setine was reinforced by a contingent of Imperial soldiers; pirates and mercenaries were driven out or put back to jail, or forced into army ranks. The short period of freedom for Setine was gone.

As for the rebels of Riem and Mireos...

Mirr have fallen to the Empire a day after the Eul's death. Incidentally, a contingent of wyvern riders under Commander Oggal was visiting the city and tried to barge into Castle Mireos. As the flames of rebellion erupted, Oggal managed to kill Duke Sigismund Mireos, but have not been able to locate Matilda, his daughter and heir.

Duke Neuthart Riemond have since taken control of the Rebel forces, with his stronghold at mining city of Devar, with his young son Mark helping with the tactical situation. Unfortunately, the island off the coast of Mireos has been turned into major encampment of Imperial forces; attacks coordinated from there were very successful, and the Imperial forces conquered a long strip of the coast; Riemondian forces in the meanwhile besiege the city of Mirr, hoping to crack the Imperial garrison and retake the city before the reinforcements from Fort Retaliation manage to arrive and turn the tides.

Across the channel, Duke Sepin of Masalla declared that he will have nothing to do with this silly war, and decided that his city will be haven of little ones and travelers. Because of his vast coffers and his ties to the Imperial Family, he have so far been spared from pressure; albeit a small group of military advisors - spies and agents, to be honest - is constantly dwelling in Duke's castle to keep an eye on him.

In the southern waters, the mighty fleets of Kretos and Garaz waged constant warfare. Garaz and his three sons, after short moment to calculate risks and gains, fully supported the Empire. With a surprisingly fast strike through Akerna, the Garaz soldiers besieged the Red Castle of Kretos, but did not manage to capture it. Within a week, the Garaz armies were pushed away from the castle.

Port of Arma has been taken over by Kretosian soldiers; the Imperial governor was slain and the smugglers, criminals and pirates that had Arma as their home were given two choices - join the rebels or leave. Most have left, not feeling like risking their lives for someone's cause, but few remained. Those few became mercantile moguls, smuggling information, spies and weapons to the both sides.

The City of Tyll - city of slaves - was reinforced and the slaves were pushed into servitude in the ranks of Kretosian army, but many have preferred this fate over legal slavery; at least the commanders under Duke Yonn of Kretos fed and clothed and paid their slaves regularly. Yonn however had to postpone delegalization of slavery for now, as cheap labor proved to be decisive factor in maintaining the Kretosian powerhouse...

A month have passed. As the flames of civil war engulf the nations, the mercenaries bid their time...

In the city of Moss.

It is a morning of a new day, and no messages have come from Matilda, Yonn or the Duke Riemond since the fateful day on Kretos...

//The Intermission will end on the afternoon of next Friday; till that time, you can RP, rank up supports and do shopping. Make sure to promote using items, if you have those.
Iron weaponry acquisition and promotion without items will be handled in OOC Thread.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:22:01 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: February 15, 2015, 01:25:23 pm »

Leo hits the shops to see what's available!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:06 pm »

Sheila banged on the door to Ciera's room, up bright and early and ready to cause trouble. "Yo, Ciera, you up?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: February 15, 2015, 01:29:08 pm »

Miguel peacefully walked the streets of Moss with his hands folded behind his back. War was abounding across the continents, and he was deeply troubled that Garaz and Kretos were at each other's throats once more. At least he could take comfort that it was Garaz on the offensive and not the other way around. Though aligned with Kretos, he loathed the idea of a Kretosian invasion of Garaz. Such an idea frightened him, for there was no guarantee that his daughter and his beloved grandson would be safe. For now, he would enjoy the sights of Moss.

He decides to stop by the local weapons shop to peruse the armaments displayed there.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: February 15, 2015, 01:29:52 pm »

"Bwuhhh, whatsat?"

Rubbing sleep from her eyes, she stretched and slowly got dressed and walked to the door.

"Mmmm, yeah, 'm up. Whatda you want?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »

"Good, you're ready!" Sheila grabbed Ciera by the wrist and dragged her out of the doorway. "We're gonna have a day on the town, just us girls! It'll be fun!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: February 15, 2015, 01:33:32 pm »

Suddenly she was being pulled along by the much larger and stronger girl.

"WHA! Ah, ok! Sounds like fun! Uhm... Should we tell someone where we're going? Like... Alec or Leo?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: February 15, 2015, 01:35:10 pm »

"I gave Leo a general outline of the plan last night before I went to bed. It's probably not a big deal." Sheila and her prisoner came to a stop in front of Grifen's door, which Sheila hammered on also. "Grifen, you awake?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:18 pm »

@Leo and Miguel:

Leo and Miguel bumped at each other at nearby smith, who dealt with simplier weapon.

Due to the rebellion, this man like many others suffers from ore shortages; thusly, the weapon prices in all Empire have been raised.

Quote from: Hugo the Smith
Iron Dagger: 375 Gold
Iron Knife: 375 Gold
Iron Sword: 420 Gold
Steel Sword: 550 Gold
Iron Blade: 490 Gold
Iron Lance: 450 Gold
Iron Javelin: 500 Gold
Iron Pilum: 600 Gold
Steel Lance: 660 Gold
Iron Halberd: 500 Gold
Iron Axe: 460 Gold
Steel Axe: 620 Gold
Iron Club: 440 Gold
Hand Axe: 500 Gold
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:26 pm »

"Oh. Ok. ... Uhm, is that a new outfit?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: February 15, 2015, 01:39:26 pm »

"Sure is! I got tired of patching the old one. Besides, this is more comfortable, the old one was too tight around the chest."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: February 15, 2015, 01:39:41 pm »

Miguel was surprised to bump into the priest here in a weapons shop. He gave him a gracious smile nonetheless.

: "Ah! Fancy meeting you here lad. Never knew you had an interest in armaments."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: February 15, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

Ciera grinned slightly.

"Sooooo, has Leo seen it yet?"
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 510