Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 510

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread  (Read 313687 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2) IC/Game Thread
« Reply #4860 on: March 09, 2015, 12:49:56 am »

"I don't... I didn't... Do you really think that? I didn't feel like I did that much but... Really? You think I helped that much?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: March 09, 2015, 12:52:03 am »

"No it's... for not being able to save her. I was right there, I should have been able to... I wasn't strong enough to..."

Julius pressed his face into his hand and sighed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:59:09 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: March 09, 2015, 01:05:05 am »

: "I'll be honest, I've had survival on the brain for a while now. At any cost, really." Alec crossed his arms and leaned back, "It's always the same story with me. Run. Analyze the situation then manipulate things 'til the situation goes away. You know what that almost got me a month back? A life on the Emperor's watchlist and all these good mercs-... friends here dying on my watch."
The bard sighed.
: "I can't fight on my own power, so that's been my method up 'til now. But the time for that is past, world's at war now, and we're not going to get the Emperor's arse off that throne by just hanging back."
: "So, really? We need that kind of bravery about now. Plans never survive contact with the enemy, after all, so we need people whose instincts guide them the right way. And I think the fact we're standing here, meeting with Duke Masalla to assist the rebellion speaks as to whose instincts are more on-point right now."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: March 09, 2015, 01:09:41 am »

Leo put his arm around Julius's shoulders.

"You did your best. It's all anyone can ask of you. It's just that sometimes... our best isn't good enough, but we must keep going. To honor people's sacrifices and wishes."

He had some choice words about the wyvern rider's tactics, but he felt that voicing them wouldn't make Julius feel any better about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: March 09, 2015, 01:12:40 am »

Ciera blinked as the man started to put himself down. Was this what she was like to others? Only... she'd been a lot worse. But Alec didn't have any reason to be putting himself down. Maybe... Maybe the others were right? It wasn't an easy concept but... She nudged him with her elbow.

"Hey, come on. We can't both be all depressed about stuff. So... So I guess I'll try and take your word for it that I'm doing better than I thought but only if you promise to not beat yourself up over the fact that you've just been trying to survive. Sure we need someone who's willing to charge against any enemy but... we also need someone like you. Someone who's making sure that everyone survives. What's the good of defeating an enemy if we leave our own dead alongside them? So... we can work together and make sure we win but that we all make it out alright, deal?"

She wasn't entirely convinced that she was doing as well as everyone seemed to think but if she tried to make herself believe, maybe someday she actually would.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:34 am »

Alec exhaled sharply and smirked.
: "Yeah, that's the idea, I think. Swords and shields only work better in accord, y'know?"
: "Still. What I did was tantamount to treachery, almost. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these folks still hold it against me for almost turning tail."
Alec sighed deeply and laughed in spite of himself.
: "They're still stuck with me, though. I'll find a way to make it up to them yet. Live and learn, and all that."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: March 09, 2015, 01:33:23 am »

"Heh, sword and shield. I like that. And come on. From what I've seen and heard of Matilda, it's not like it was an easy choice. To be honest, if it wasn't for Mop Top sticking with her, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been alone in getting out of there. You guys were facing one of the Generals after all. You were just doing what you thought was best."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: March 09, 2015, 01:53:55 am »

Alec scratched his chin.
: "Hmm, maybe. If 'what I thought was best' only included my interests."
: "No matter what way you look at it, they're good people who didn't deserve to go out that day. Hell, you've been getting along with sea-legs and the Lil' Miss pretty well if you ask me. They seem to have your back."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: March 09, 2015, 01:59:50 am »

"Yeah, they're good friends even if they don't always... demonstrate it in the way I would want."

She gave the two other girls a mostly fake glare before turning back to Alec with a smile.

"But really. If I'm not allowed to get hung up over stabbing you, you're not allowed to get hung up over almost ditching them. After all, I actually stabbed you. You didn't leave them in the end. And that's what matters, right?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: March 09, 2015, 02:02:59 am »

Grifen completely missed the glare. Sorry!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: March 09, 2015, 02:06:31 am »

: "Done. And for the record, the stabbing got healed up, too." Alec pat the part of his chest where the wound was, "Now, if you stabbed Mop-top, Lil' Miss, the Little-er Miss and the Bishop guy too and then used up all our medicine? I may have been a little cross with you then." Alec laughed, "Just a tad."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:41 am »

"I guess that's true. I just... don't like the thought of hurting you I guess."

She blushed slightly, staring at the floor and knowing, just knowing that she was being the least subtle right now.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: March 09, 2015, 03:38:11 am »

"Considering that both County of Garaz and region of Eren are parts of Empire, I would brave the forest. Whatever beasts might lurk there, they definitely cannot match in strength and skill of properly equipped armies. As for the supplies, I apologize - the most I can do is share some of my gold and medicine that Iva have packed just in case. On the way west, there is a small mining settlement of Amb. Whilst I wouldn't bet on high-grade equipment and magical items to be found there, the metalwork of cheaper and poorer variety should be aplenty." He brushed some hair away.

"As for enemies? I do not believe I see anyone as an enemy, but I would guess many would like to sit on my throne. Tough luck, I like my seat."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: March 09, 2015, 01:32:55 pm »

Leo put his arm around Julius's shoulders.

"You did your best. It's all anyone can ask of you. It's just that sometimes... our best isn't good enough, but we must keep going. To honor people's sacrifices and wishes."

He had some choice words about the wyvern rider's tactics, but he felt that voicing them wouldn't make Julius feel any better about it.

"It's never good enough. Whenever I've tried to save someone it's failed. It's just like that time..."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: March 09, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

//Xanmy can continue questions with TIME TRAVEL SHENANIGANS if he wants to.

~~Chapter 7x: Night of Tears~~

Later that night...

Two watches came and passed, and nothing have happened. Just an hour before the dawn, when the sky was already turning from dark blue to grey, Charles, Leo and Sheila met in the small hall of pillars. Alec and Ciera were keeping watch in some other corridor.

Then, Charles squinted his eyes and looked into the darkness...

"Knew it! ENEMIEEEES!!" His yell was heard thorough the corridors and in the bedrooms, waking the sleeping people; the second watch that went to bed less than hour ago didn't get much sleep and were in very bad shape. Except one strange individual.

---

"Hmmm, how did they... nevermind. Onwards! Death to all traitors!"

Nearby, a smaller group of assasins were led by a blonde archer girl...

"It seems we have been found. But you know the plan. We proceed from this side."

~~Player Turn 1~~

Objectives:
Protect Duke Sepin!
Secondary:
Ensure that no enemy finds out about Duke Sepin!

//Charles the Amnesiac Knight joins the party!

Enemies stats are here!
Allies stats are here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 510